5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

JeffJr

Reaction score
Based on rsmeanies email from Bam I’d be surprised if they let you check out for $21 shipping, I wouldn’t wait to long to pull the trigger.
That is so weird that others are getting charged more for shipping. I mean it should all be the same no matter they they ship in the US right?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Based on rsmeanies email from Bam I’d be surprised if they let you check out for $21 shipping, I wouldn’t wait to long to pull the trigger.
Not buying anything this expensive until I see dyno results that some promised they would have done. You will always be able to find this for around $700 with reasonable shipping and will only get cheaper over time.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is so weird that others are getting charged more for shipping. I mean it should all be the same no matter they they ship in the US right?
Yes it is, I also had it for like $28 at one point and then went to something like $175 when I put in my cart again.

JeffJr

Reaction score
You know what I think j figured it out, it's their website! I think their website was messing up for some people and for me it didn't charge me tax. That's why mine was so cheap. They even have a post on their website saying some ppl are having trouble with ordering online. I got really lucky cause I'm looking at the final price for the off road running board and the price has changed from when I initially looked at it in the checkout a week ago. They must of fixed the bug in the webpage that was causing this. Damn I am so sorry guys

Douglas31

Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be here Monday from BAM. I found if I ordered the part without the AB at the end of the part number the shipping was 20 instead of the 180 It was showing if I had ordered the part number with AB at the end of the part number. I ended up paying $700.94 total.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Oversized package ships from Minnesota .. package only weighs 30 pounds, but is like 5 feet long and is shown as 2 person lift. Shipping to say Iowa would be cheaper than shipping to say California -- unless you go through the dealership which is normally cheaper because they would get Freight shipping from their distribution center.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be here Monday from BAM. I found if I ordered the part without the AB at the end of the part number the shipping was 20 instead of the 180 It was showing if I had ordered the part number with AB at the end of the part number. I ended up paying $700.94 total.
I tried both part numbers and it made no difference to my online order:
RAMAIR_BAM.jpg

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Original order was not the AB -- maybe they found their flaw and the AB added a bit more "umph" to the edges to keep them from breaking? I'll have to look when my new one arrives.

(generally non-AB would default to AA and not use any coding)

I do see many sites are already starting to raise their prices as the demand gets higher.

Tim N

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I added a set of headlights to my cart and their site priced it at $3000.00. Pretty sure that’s more then what the dealership quoted me lol. Just like anything anymore mistakes happen. Some luck out and are able to take advantage before these companies realize the error.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Oversized package ships from Minnesota .. package only weighs 30 pounds, but is like 5 feet long and is shown as 2 person lift. Shipping to say Iowa would be cheaper than shipping to say California -- unless you go through the dealership which is normally cheaper because they would get Freight shipping from their distribution center.
I'm in Iowa and it's showing $180 for shipping.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered the CAI without the AB from BAM. Shipping to Spokane WA was 27 and 0 tax. When I used the AB part number it was 188 to ship it. Had anyone received the non AB part from them? If so is it the exact same part, just a mess up on their website? With the discount code it was like 707 shipped to my door. I had the cai in my cart from 2 weeks ago when I was toying around with buying it. I just tried to get the non AB one again and it is now 184 to ship. Looks like I got lucky still having it in my cart.

Last edited:

Amazing93

Reaction score
Did your CAI from BAM show up yesterday? Everything as it should be?

Amazing93

Reaction score
It did and it is the AB version. Unfortunately, one the the pieces was broken so it will have to go back.
[/QUOT
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Any clue what broke it? Poor packaging? Man handled by the shipper?

Users who are viewing this thread