5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was at the dealer today with the wife buying her a new vehicle and wandered into the parts department and they looked up the part number and said he can have it in in about 3-5 days. I didn’t order it yet but I know I won’t be able to resist.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I was at the dealer today with the wife buying her a new vehicle and wandered into the parts department and they looked up the part number and said he can have it in in about 3-5 days. I didn’t order it yet but I know I won’t be able to resist.
How much did they want?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well that seems to be the general consensus about 3-5 days. I’m in no rush as I’m still dealing with the after effects of my surgery. Working with one hand won’t do as far as installing this.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Based on the Vararam having significant performance gains, I would expect this to be near the same level if not better. Sucks on price, at a $599 msrp this thing would sell like crazy.

mike12193

Reaction score
Must resist!!!!!! Definitely don’t need but I sure do want it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would love to see Dyno results. Too bad the TFL guys didn't dyno each mod. I doubt it will do anything but it would make my decision easier.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Typically, unless done with other mods like a tune and free flow cat back, all these units do is look cool and make more noice. Very little increases in performance.

Neokane

Reaction score
Not trying to be a skeptic but if I just spent $1000 I would think I felt a difference too ;) Unless you get the truck dyno'd, we'll never know what it truly does and everything stated is purely subjective. It certainly looks 100X better than the S&B and other CAI's but it's also more than 2X the cost. If you are looking for "looks", then this may be the way to go, but I doubt you'll get 2X the performance over the other great quality CAI's on the market for less than half the cost of the Mopar. It does look awesome, but I don't drive around with my hood open so no one will see it anyway.
Probably felt the difference from not having $1000 in the wallet.. lol

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically, unless done with other mods like a tune and free flow cat back, all these units do is look cool and make more noice. Very little increases in performance.
Looking cool and making more noise, two out of three ain’t bad!

ohiobh1500

Reaction score
Just ordered mine... It will be in supposedly in 3 days.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Waiting for someone’s review with video & sound clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Waiting for someone’s review with video & sound clips.
My guess is that all of the reviews will be OUTSTANDING which is to be expected as it will look and sound amazing and if you spend $750, you will, most likely, never admit it did not meet your expectations. The bigger question is what is the before and after dyno impacts and I am hopeful someone will go the extra mile to do a before and after. The money isn't the issue for me at all, but to spend over $750 for the looks and sound (and you can't even see it with the hood closed) is holding me back if there is no considerable gains from the installation.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
My guess is that all of the reviews will be OUTSTANDING which is to be expected as it will look and sound amazing and if you spend $750, you will, most likely, never admit it did not meet your expectations. The bigger question is what is the before and after dyno impacts and I am hopeful someone will go the extra mile to do a before and after. The money isn't the issue for me at all, but to spend over $750 for the looks and sound (and you can't even see it with the hood closed) is holding me back if there is no considerable gains from the installation.
People spend that much on exhaust all the time and get no gains.

Midnight1988

Reaction score
No one answered my question haha. Someone outside California want to buy this for me? And then I pick it up. Hahaha

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You make a good point, maybe I should take the money I would spend on this and order the sport hood, at least I’ll be able to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread