5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

ohiobh1500

Reaction score
So the argument on spending that much in a CAI and exhaust are valid but if you plan on down the road to get a tune it only helps. I'm not one to go buy dealership parts as they are $$$ but this CAI looks clean and follows the vararam intake and it's a true cold air(depending on the season). To each there own though......

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the "no gains" on a full CBE versus stock.

there is a much stronger argument for performances gains on this type of intake over a cat back. The Ram isnear max efficiency on exhaust. The cat backs are the same piping as factory, you just get shiny pipes and a muffler.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the argument on spending that much in a CAI and exhaust are valid but if you plan on down the road to get a tune it only helps. I'm not one to go buy dealership parts as they are $$$ but this CAI looks clean and follows the vararam intake and it's a true cold air(depending on the season). To each there own though......

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
SO much better looking than others. Tempting at <$800 (presuming certain discounts).

swarggs

Reaction score
For those that installed this:

Do the instructions say anything about the Active Grille Shutters? I know some that have the Vararam intake have removed some of the shutters because they feel they interfere with the air coming into the intake.

Maxram

Reaction score
I gotta say! Ya'll who've bought this already sure are dedicated lol. No way I couldn't justify that cost without seeing actual dyno results. But to each their own. This is the one mod I'm gonna hold out on for now. Sure looks awesome though!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No worries as I equate this to folks who spend money on gaming, high end jewelry and tickets to sports lol.

Maxram

Reaction score
No worries as I equate this to folks who spend money on gaming, high end jewelry and tickets to sports lol.
No doubt! Don't get me wrong, I spend lol wouldn't be driving this truck if I didn't. I guess I'm just the type that's always weighing cost > value in everything I do. I was planning on getting the S&B but I really do like the Ram Air. So I'm just gonna spend money on the other stuff I want for the truck now and wait for the price to come down on the Ram Air. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being around $500 soon. I'd pull the trigger at that point!

JRD

Reaction score
It’s just too bad that a group buy couldn’t be made for these as well as several other Mopar things. :)
Am I sensing some sarcasm or is that wishful thinking lol

JRD

Reaction score
Nawwwww, as I do not do well with sarcasm, just me wishing that what people want would be made affordable.
You are not kidding, as if the trucks aren’t expensive enough then we spend even more to personalize them

Users who are viewing this thread