5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes the two dealerships that I’m in contact with say there is NO and I mean NO eta for this.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well that is definitely a first as my dealers weren’t even going to attempt this based upon no ETA factor. I will wait patiently to see some great news on your end.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that is definitely a first as my dealers weren’t even going to attempt this based upon no ETA factor. I will wait patiently to see some great news on your end.

Mine said the same thing about the Bed Extender Knobs - indefinate backorder due to inventory something-or-other. Then, I picked them up last Saturday and installed them LOL

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol I’m feeling the cost of those extender knobs as opposed to the air intake may make for a different wait time. :)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, they can't even preorder RAM AIR for me .. they said it is still listed at $900+ (not images, and online are all going for around $750 -- so I'll have to wait)

Kratz87

Reaction score
reminds me of the 80s IROC-Z
I'd get it but it'd have to tie into the hood -- there isn't that much space for flow from the front. (maybe 1' tall?) I wanna see CAD drawings myself :)
I would hope the grill tie in would eliminate the need for work on the hood. Nice upgrade in the engine ... if it fits!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This system is double the price of previous Mopar cold air intakes. The previous gen Mopar intakes were advertised good for about a 10hp bump. What will make this intake worth double the cost? It seems like the 2019 already has a pretty efficient stock intake. Wonder how much more they can get out of this. The design is similar to vararam and they “advertise” some great gains.

More than 20hp? Include a tune?

It’s a cool looking piece and I will probably buy if it advertises some good gains.

5th gen rams should definitely get an early release kit from Mopar and let us all know how it performs on their long term tester!!

We actually were in talks with Mopar to do that... but our Mopar rep actually got switched over to Dodge. We haven't heard back. Still waiting on when it will be officially released. Still waiting for it to pass CARB regulations. But we are going to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on one of these. Luckily we have connections for 25% off MSRP.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to order mine from the dealer today. However, on backorder until November.

I am really curious to know how much different the ride is with the 2-inch Mopar lift. I am debating on doing it. But I want more of a street truck look.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. May I ask what a “ street truck “ look looks like ? :)

Ramron

Reaction score
I am really curious to know how much different the ride is with the 2-inch Mopar lift. I am debating on doing it. But I want more of a street truck look.

I can’t really give you a comparison as I had the dealer put the lift on as soon as I bought it. I think it rides great. I had a 2015 with a 6” lift before this truck. I really like the height if the 2”. Depends on what your going for I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread