5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Gsmith223

Reaction score
It looks to me like it will be "ram air" regardless of the hood, via the grill. I remember the Trans Am had a WS6 package (ram air) that was good for a true 15HP and 10 torque.

Companies like AFE are typically full of crap. I've only had overall performance decreases from aftermarket CAIs. Usually they cause major heat soak, or in the case of the very beautiful AFE, they're no improvement over stock. It's like replacing the stock system with a cooler looking aftermarket system.

This mopar system excites me because it looks like it will net real world performance increases.
thats why I asked. I use to own a WS6 with RAM air and 40MPH it was like a supercharger lol

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I always wanted to add the WS6 to my Trans Am, just couldn’t afford many mods at the time. I just wanted the look of the Ram air hood!

I'm 36 now and when I was in high school I nearly got a WS6 my senior year. Instead I got a tricked out jacked up Expedition. A decision I now regret. But I'm around 6'6" and the extra space in the SUV sold me

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I do like the looks of that ... But >$900 for it?! Ummm, pass. Speaking of Ram Air and Pontiacs, I still miss my '01 Formula that I added an ATI Procharger to. That's my kind of ram air!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm 36 now and when I was in high school I nearly got a WS6 my senior year. Instead I got a tricked out jacked up Expedition. A decision I now regret. But I'm around 6'6" and the extra space in the SUV sold me
Yeah, it might have been a tight fit for a tall fella! I’m 5-9 and didn’t have much head room left.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We all know anything from the dealer/mopar will be more. That goes for everything. I’m not surprised it is that much. I still would purchase it be cause like the other poster said, my sanity.

rlc2020

Reaction score
I still miss my TA! It was my first car, I got my first job just to get it. I was hoping they return when Camaro did, but of course that wasn’t to be. Lots of great memories though ;)
View attachment 28337

Agreed on the sport hood. So many cars have these fake vents everywhere.
Love that Sport Gold Metallic. Here's my old '98 Camaro that I had back in the day.
006.JPG

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WS6 is my favorite Trans Am...after Bandit of course!
Anyway, a grand for an intake is high. I feel like Mopar would profit more from competitively priced mods instead of being so much more $ than aftermarket. Not voiding the warranty is big, but the average person can’t easily afford many of their parts.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I would consider this, I had a shaker hood added to my 03 ram, and got great air, as it was redirected to the airbox... no leaked heat air in there.. I sealed the box. New Hood Shots039.jpg

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Ram air? I heard mopar will be selling these next:

54cee41bf71c6d2c68561306-large.jpg

Ruben73

Reaction score
I'm interested, would like to see if they put out any gains.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TFL just put this on their Rebel, along with Mopar cat back exhaust

TFL likes to test so much, it would have been nice if they had done some type of real world tests before adding all of the stuff? Would have been a worthwhile video. As it is, no more useful than a lot of other YouTube videos out there on how to install something.

Last edited:

v_eight

Reaction score
Any word on this being for sale any where yet? I can't seem to find any new info.

Angry Ram

Reaction score
It does not exist.
Any Release Date ? because i am thinking to buy the mopar package ram air plus mopar exhaust system to keep the car under warranty . it would be great if they sell also a mopar programmer that will unlock the limit speed and increase the performance a little pit to keep the car under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread