5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He didn't say anything about HP, and the Vararam website only lists it for the 4th gens, and all the numbers are for the 4th gens.

On that note, as I mentioned before, on my truck, I did see an immediate difference in 0-60 times with the Vararam. But that was the only improvement I saw

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Care to share any details about the second battery you installed in place of the factory air box?
Here is the link to the install:

jrw921

Reaction score
I've heard about this and that we will need the sport hood for it, however after looking at the design, I don't see where you would need the sport hood. I'm curious because I'd like a few more ponies for my Ram and all of the aftermarket intakes seem to net less acceleration. I don't care about sound in the least.

I'll gladly drop $1000 for it if we net a true 15-20HP. And I'm not into modding trucks (Sports cars and Fast SUVs yes) so OEM components are what I want. I had a bad *** CAI for my 2014 SRT Jeep when I bought it in 2013. In 2015 I added a $4500 GT Haus (Meisterschaft) exhaust system. My butt dyno told me the Jeep was faster with the mods. However the track timer in the vehicle and at the track told me it was faster bone stock. Now with that ride it was worth it for the sound, but in a truck I use for work, I only care about performance mods that actually increase performance. lol
I fits easily under regular hood.

Users who are viewing this thread