5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

gr8ridn

Reaction score
How was I the first to order and I still haven't gotten mine yet...
Just a guess, if you are on the east side of the country and the item has been shipped you are likely at least 5 days behind those of us that live in the west. This item is shipped from Reno NV by UPS Ground. I live with 400 miles so my shipping time was 2 days.

Same thing for me, it took 7 days once shipped to get my bed step from the east side of the country. Only difference is I didn't complain like some and remained patient. I got my order in good shape. I also paid in full before the item shipped. Sometimes you have to accept deliveries are going to take time with so many variables like product/stock issues, weather, and high demand on limited quantities. I'm pretty sure most everyone will get their order within a couple weeks and will be satisfied with this high quality item.

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everybody -Steve here,

First, let me apologize. There's be a lot of miscommunication, both between our departments here at Mishimoto and subsequently between us and our customers. This isn't our first rodeo with pre-sales, but it's apparent we still have work to do to get them perfect. We'll be continuing to work on fixing these issues, but that's not very helpful for you all that ordered during this pre-sale.

Second, here's what happened and what we can do about it:

This kit shares a catch can with several other kits in our line, that means our inventory of the can is constantly changing. When we began shipping these orders on 3/19 we were low on stock of those catch cans for the number of orders that we had, but we were not out of stock. This should not have triggered the back-order emails that you all first received, but it did, and we're still looking into why and how to fix it.

To compound the issue, our system requires that in-stock items be shipped as soon as possible. Our system then splits the out-of-stock items into a new order. As some of you saw, that made the drain kits ship before the catch cans and made our system think that some of your orders were newer than others, changing the ship order and sending new back-order emails. We are also working on fixing this issue.

When I started communicating with you all that the emails were not correct, I also started working with our warehouse team to make sure we had enough catch cans to fill our orders. Our warehouse team was able to find several catch cans that were not properly inventoried, giving us enough to fill the orders up to when I told you all we were sold out.

However, there was a breakdown somewhere between finding those cans and getting them allocated to your orders. Unfortunately, that miscommunication and the higher-than-expected demand for these catch cans, means that 6 of our pre-sale orders cannot be filled at this time. The ETA of June 30th from the most recent automated emails is our current ETA for more catch cans, however we are looking into ways to get them in stock faster. @Cmerkert despite expediting your order, it looks like yours somehow fell into those 6 back-ordered kits. The order numbers for back-ordered kits are below - if none of these match your order number, but you got a back-order email, please let me know and I will verify your order status.

I completely understand that this has been incredibly frustrating for you all and I apologize again. For those of you who ordered the catch can and want to cancel your order, please let me know - your card will not be charged until your order ships, so if you cancel there should be no charge. Those of you who ordered a drain kit and want to cancel your catch can order, we will refund you the full amount of your order, including the drain kit, with no restocking fee. @Charger68 your order has been refunded fully, you should not see a restocking fee.

Back-Ordered - ETA 6/30

@Granite5thgen please see below - there was an issue with your address that meant we could not process your order. You should have received emails on 3/20, 3/22, and 3/25 asking you to contact us to update your address. Since we didn't receive a response after the third email, your order was canceled automatically. If you'd like to re-order, I can ask that you're placed at the top of the back-order list for when we get the catch cans back in stock.

Hey everybody,

As some of you have seen, we are starting to ship these. We do still have some orders that need address updates though, so please contact us ASAP (@Granite5thgen I think yours may be one of those orders)!

Thank you all for your support in ordering. I know it's not much, but I apologize again for the issues and we're doing everything we can to make sure they don't happen again.

-Steve

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a guess, if you are on the east side of the country and the item has been shipped you are likely at least 5 days behind those of us that live in the west. This item is shipped from Reno NV by UPS Ground. I live with 400 miles so my shipping time was 2 days.

Same thing for me, it took 7 days once shipped to get my bed step from the east side of the country. Only difference is I didn't complain like some and remained patient. I got my order in good shape. I also paid in full before the item shipped. Sometimes you have to accept deliveries are going to take time with so many variables like product/stock issues, weather, and high demand on limited quantities. I'm pretty sure most everyone will get their order within a couple weeks and will be satisfied with this high quality item.
@gr8ridn Are you calling me a Baby?? :eek: (peace brother, just kidding!)
The complaint is not on shipping logistics at all. It is on the misinformation as they say it is in and will ship, and then we keep getting emails saying the contrary to what they say. Hell, it hasn't even left Reno yet. This has been happening over the course of a week now. You would figure someone from the company would reach out personally by now.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
. . . . Well, I guess Steve just did.

Thanks for the info. Steve @Mishimoto . At least now we know, and that's all we wanted. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it right. Do we at least get our 3 month delayed catch can 1/2 price in June?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Hi everybody -Steve here,

First, let me apologize. There's be a lot of miscommunication, both between our departments here at Mishimoto and subsequently between us and our customers. This isn't our first rodeo with pre-sales, but it's apparent we still have work to do to get them perfect. We'll be continuing to work on fixing these issues, but that's not very helpful for you all that ordered during this pre-sale.

Second, here's what happened and what we can do about it:

This kit shares a catch can with several other kits in our line, that means our inventory of the can is constantly changing. When we began shipping these orders on 3/19 we were low on stock of those catch cans for the number of orders that we had, but we were not out of stock. This should not have triggered the back-order emails that you all first received, but it did, and we're still looking into why and how to fix it.

To compound the issue, our system requires that in-stock items be shipped as soon as possible. Our system then splits the out-of-stock items into a new order. As some of you saw, that made the drain kits ship before the catch cans and made our system think that some of your orders were newer than others, changing the ship order and sending new back-order emails. We are also working on fixing this issue.

When I started communicating with you all that the emails were not correct, I also started working with our warehouse team to make sure we had enough catch cans to fill our orders. Our warehouse team was able to find several catch cans that were not properly inventoried, giving us enough to fill the orders up to when I told you all we were sold out.

However, there was a breakdown somewhere between finding those cans and getting them allocated to your orders. Unfortunately, that miscommunication and the higher-than-expected demand for these catch cans, means that 6 of our pre-sale orders cannot be filled at this time. The ETA of June 30th from the most recent automated emails is our current ETA for more catch cans, however we are looking into ways to get them in stock faster. @Cmerkert despite expediting your order, it looks like yours somehow fell into those 6 back-ordered kits. The order numbers for back-ordered kits are below - if none of these match your order number, but you got a back-order email, please let me know and I will verify your order status.

I completely understand that this has been incredibly frustrating for you all and I apologize again. For those of you who ordered the catch can and want to cancel your order, please let me know - your card will not be charged until your order ships, so if you cancel there should be no charge. Those of you who ordered a drain kit and want to cancel your catch can order, we will refund you the full amount of your order, including the drain kit, with no restocking fee. @Charger68 your order has been refunded fully, you should not see a restocking fee.

Back-Ordered - ETA 6/30

@Granite5thgen please see below - there was an issue with your address that meant we could not process your order. You should have received emails on 3/20, 3/22, and 3/25 asking you to contact us to update your address. Since we didn't receive a response after the third email, your order was canceled automatically. If you'd like to re-order, I can ask that you're placed at the top of the back-order list for when we get the catch cans back in stock.

Thank you all for your support in ordering. I know it's not much, but I apologize again for the issues and we're doing everything we can to make sure they don't happen again.

-Steve
My card was charged and I got this email saying it shipped last week. It now says delivery is tomorrow, the first few days the tracking info wasnt working. Hopefully itll be here. I've only gotten two emails after ordering and that was it. One was to say it's on backorder and the ship dates are TBD, and the conformation email saying it shipped. I checked spam as well, nothing regarding a wrong address or cancelled order

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-123743_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-123743_Gmail.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Steve @Mishimoto ,
I checked and my order number is not listed in the backorder listing. My order number is 191384 and was confirmed on 19-Mar-2019. Below is a copy of your confirmation email. This was the day we spoke on here via messenger too. It appears that you duplicated my order with 2 separate numbers, so perhaps that is why inventory is off by so few cans. Hope this helps.

DATE: 19-Mar-2019
ORDER NUMBER: 145035361
PO #
REFERENCE NUMBER #: 191384

Your tracking information is listed below.

==================================================================
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 MMBCC-RAM-19PBE Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2019+ PRE-SALE $179.95 Extended: $0.00
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 MMBCC-DRAIN-02 Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can Petcock Drain Kit $35.95 Extended: $35.95

Last edited:

Granite5thgen

Reaction score

Not really sure I'm complaining, just stating a fact. One would think after the presales were over after the first week they would be here within 3 weeks....guess not. Also not to mention I've put 1700 miles on since then and I want to protect my brand new 53k truck. If I had known it would take over a month I would've bought a cheap one from Ebay until this one got here and then returned it.

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Not really sure I'm complaining, just stating a fact. One would think after the presales were over after the first week they would be here within 3 weeks....guess not. Also not to mention I've put 1700 miles on since then and I want to protect my brand new 53k truck. If I had known it would take over a month I would've bought a cheap one from Ebay until this one got here and then returned it.

I can appreciate your frustration. All of us presumably made this purchase to help protect our new trucks from the effects of oil being passed to the intake system and eventually causing carbon build up. This should not be an issue until the truck is operated with many more miles than you or I have driven so far. I have had mopar engines that were driven well past 100000 miles with no catch can. I do agree the device is worth the expense if you want the best long term performance from your engine. If this was vital I think FCA would have made it standard equipment. We are just enhancing what is already there.

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My card was charged and I got this email saying it shipped last week. It now says delivery is tomorrow, the first few days the tracking info wasnt working. Hopefully itll be here. I've only gotten two emails after ordering and that was it. One was to say it's on backorder and the ship dates are TBD, and the conformation email saying it shipped. I checked spam as well, nothing regarding a wrong address or cancelled order

Well, that's strange. When you first ordered on 2/25, you were the only sale we had, but it looks like there was an order placed on 2/24 that did not show up in our system until later - that order had an address issue and was canceled. I just assumed the first order in our system was yours, but it does look like your order shipped on 3/20 and you should receive it tomorrow. Sorry for the scare!

Steve @Mishimoto ,
I checked and my order number is not listed in the backorder listing. My order number is 191384 and was confirmed on 19-Mar-2019. Below is a copy of your confirmation email. This was the day we spoke on here via messenger too. It appears that you duplicated my order with 2 separate numbers, so perhaps that is why inventory is off by so few cans. Hope this helps.

DATE: 19-Mar-2019
ORDER NUMBER: 145035361
PO #
REFERENCE NUMBER #: 191384

Your tracking information is listed below.

==================================================================
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 MMBCC-RAM-19PBE Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2019+ PRE-SALE $179.95 Extended: $0.00
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 MMBCC-DRAIN-02 Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can Petcock Drain Kit $35.95 Extended: $35.95

Unfortunately your order was one where the drain kit and catch can were split into two orders, one for the drain kit (191384) and one for the catch can (191460). Even though I expedited your original order, that priority didn't carry to the new order for the catch can alone. What is very strange is that your order was marked as 'completed but not shipped' in our system, which should have meant that it had a can allocated to it and was just waiting to be shipped. I think that's when the miscommunication happened of how many cans were allocated vs how many we actually had in stock.

As much as I would like to take make waiting for the cans to come back in stock easier for you all with a bigger discount, I don't know if that would be fair to everybody else who ordered in pre-sale and paid the full pre-sale price :confused:

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks,

-Steve

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I would like to take make waiting for the cans to come back in stock easier for you all with a bigger discount, I don't know if that would be fair to everybody else who ordered in pre-sale and paid the full pre-sale price :confused:
[/QUOTE]

Steve, @Mishimoto
One could argue that the same the other way:

"I don't know if that would be fair to everyone (the 6 of us) who ordered WITH everyone else who did get their cans during pre-sale. To charge those who ordered but did not receive them the SAME amount but require them to wait 3 months from now for the exact same product is what would seem unfair."

The 6 of us already approved/authorized payment. Honestly, it was your mistake, not the customers. It would certainly make up for @Mishimoto's acknowledged error. I am sure those who "lucked out" and were able to get their cans would not object. After all, it's your error, you should make the amends not us, and don't hide behind offending those that were lucky enough to get their cans due to your inventory/allocation warehouse errors. Steve, you can message me privately if you like.

5thGenRam Members: Do any of you who are receiving their cans object if the 6 of us who have to wait until June to receive our ordered cans get a 50% discount?

Last edited:

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Steve

It wouldn't bother me at all if you were to give those who had trouble with the back order and shipping issues a bigger discount. This was a big screw up and I feel they deserve it!

myram2019

Reaction score
Just got another generic email:

Thank you for ordering from Mishimoto Automotive!

We have approved your order for fulfillment. Normal processing times for orders can take up for 48 business hours. We have provided your order details below. Once tracking is available, you will receive another email with that information

More delays.
So i was lied to with this email yesterday. My card was charged BUT item is not available as the guy told me yesterday.
I called today to see whats up and now being told 6/30 ship date also

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME. WTF

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Steve, @Mishimoto
One could argue that the same the other way:

"I don't know if that would be fair to everyone (the 6 of us) who ordered WITH everyone else who did get their cans during pre-sale. To charge those who ordered but did not receive them the SAME amount but require them to wait 3 months from now for the exact same product is what would seem unfair."

The 6 of us already approved/authorized payment. Honestly, it was your mistake, not the customers. It would certainly make up for @Mishimoto's acknowledged error. I am sure those who "lucked out" and were able to get their cans would not object. After all, it's your error, you should make the amends not us, and don't hide behind offending those that were lucky enough to get their cans due to your inventory/allocation warehouse errors. Steve, you can message me privately if you like.

5thGenRam Members: Do any of you who are receiving their cans object if the 6 of us who have to wait until June to receive our ordered cans get a 50% discount?

Chris,

I definitely understand your perspective and would probably feel similarly if I were in your shoes - I'll talk with our Customer Experience team and see what our options are.

So i was lied to with this email yesterday. My card was charged BUT item is not available as the guy told me yesterday.
I called today to see whats up and now being told 6/30 ship date also

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME. WTF

Can you tell me what your order number is? We only charge at the time of ordering for PayPal purchases and sometimes call-in orders. If you ordered a drain kit, that may have shipped and been charged, but the catch can shouldn't have been charged.

Thanks,
-Steve

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe we should engage Robert Mueller to do a full investigation of this catch can issue???
@securityguy Dude, you swore by them and said "have faith, they'll come through". You hung your hat on them. You were quick to comment on us all who were questioning and concerned of exactly this. They let us all down my friend.

No Mueller needed we all know the Russians are colluding with Mishimoto!

myram2019

Reaction score
Chris,

I definitely understand your perspective and would probably feel similarly if I were in your shoes - I'll talk with our Customer Experience team and see what our options are.

Can you tell me what your order number is? We only charge at the time of ordering for PayPal purchases and sometimes call-in orders. If you ordered a drain kit, that may have shipped and been charged, but the catch can shouldn't have been charged.

Thanks,
-Steve
@Steve is sent a PM with info

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I look at the world a bit differently my friend and don't get all huffy when things don't go the way I'd like them to. Your card wasn't charged, they owe you no money and they'll take back the drain kit without a restocking fee for those that received it. $hit happens in life and I just choose to deal with it in a more positive light as negativity gets you nothing but frustration and high blood pressure. Steve apologized and did his best to explain what happened. What more can he do at this point but give you a discount on your delayed can? I am out of this conversation moving forward so you all can continue on as you wish without me ;) Maybe your can accidentally got shipped to Russia and there really is collusion:p

эй, это мой грузовик Ram! LMAO!
(Hey, that's my Ram, Commrad!). Haha

FB_IMG_1553640929436.jpg

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes and that email was sent 5 day after the order was placed. so now another 48 processing. What next the shipping department 48 to package and ship. then 48 hrs to process to post office.
Its gonna be two weeks before i get this. They have issues and this is not a way to run a business.

I think they meant days not hours :p:ROFLMAO:

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Not that this matters, but I wouldn't have an issue with those that didn't get their kits getting a half off the pre-sale price...especially those that ordered before I did.

Users who are viewing this thread