5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
Anyone from Boulder have their truck arrive? I think we will be on the same transport to CO soon.

shak3r

Reaction score
Happy to say my Build Sheet posted today. No big surprises as I knew I was getting the Level B Equip Group. Question I have is the build is missing the Front License Plate Bracket so was that something I had to request during order? The Lone Star state requires both front/back plates. I realize its cheap if i need to buy, but trying to help the next feller in my shoes.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect! My membership will expire in February...time to renew.
What do you think about Tread Lightly as an organization? Do they do legit work? I had never heard of them until buying a Ram and joining to get affiliate pricing.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you think about Tread Lightly as an organization? Do they do legit work? I had never heard of them until buying a Ram and joining to get affiliate pricing.
As someone who joined them a year ago to get the discounted pricing...I think they discount RAMs very well. That's the limit of my knowledge of their organization. ;)

(Oh, the tire coupons helped, too!)

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Just stopping in quickly to let you all know that every single thing said on here about MD was spot on. Picked my truck up yesterday and it was as painless an experience as I've ever experienced. I'll revert back with a better review as I'm currently driving cross-country back to Vegas, but this truck is everything that people have been saying and more. I now understand why Ram has won so many awards with this thing recently. Absolutely beautiful to drive. And I understand why MD is so highly regarded on these forums ... they are an absolute class act and deserve our business, and that of our friends and family.

Shout out to Charles at MD who looked after me on arrival yesterday ... if anyone of you are picking up soon and speak with him, let him know the Aussie said hi!

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just stopping in quickly to let you all know that every single thing about MD was spot on. Picked my truck up yesterday and it was as painless an experience as I've ever experienced. I'll revert back with a better review as I'm currently driving cross-country back to Vegas, but this truck is everything that people have been saying and more. I now understand why Ram has won so many awards with this thing recently. Absolutely beautiful to drive. And I understand why MD is so highly regarded on these forums ... they are an absolute class act and deserve our business, and that of our friends and family.

Shout out to Charles at MD who looked after me on arrival yesterday ... if anyone of you are picking up soon and speak with him, let him know the Aussie said hi!
Congrats! Be safe on the trip home! Did you see my truck? LOL!

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Congrats! Be safe on the trip home! Did you see my truck? LOL!
I did not, but I do remember checking the VIN on the trucks lined up out front because I know we had similar color + night edition lol ... it was indeed mine parked out front, so yours is probably out back. They have a massive yard, and they bring up the trucks that are getting delivered today/tomorrow to the front like show pieces.

Also, to those picking up in Lake Charles, make sure you stop in to Darrell's for a sandwich and maybe a beer. Awesome little spot in town that has amazing sandwiches ... I rolled in about 11:30am and it was packed! Highly recommended.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve skimmed through most of this thread and I didn’t see an answer I’m seeking, unless I missed it.

Is MD price a no haggle price, or do I need to work a deal? Most of what I’ve read, beside signing up with something like “Tread Lightly”, you just send them what you want and they give you their only price. Also, how does the trade in work if my build would not arrive for 5+ months? Obviously, in that amount of time, my truck value will drop due to mileage and age.

Derek916

Reaction score
I’ve skimmed through most of this thread and I didn’t see an answer I’m seeking, unless I missed it.

Is MD price a no haggle price, or do I need to work a deal? Most of what I’ve read, beside signing up with something like “Tread Lightly”, you just send them what you want and they give you their only price. Also, how does the trade in work if my build would not arrive for 5+ months? Obviously, in that amount of time, my truck value will drop due to mileage and age.
1. No haggle price
2.tread lightly and I think penfed also works but penfed requires 60 day membership.
3. don’t know about your used car, but most likely your new build will be here within two months. New builds seemingly get priority over old builds.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any other signups I can do to save $$$?

I’ll be ordering a grey, Laramie Crew-Cab, night edition, 5.9 non etorque, pretty much fully loaded.

I’ll send Aaron an email today.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not, but I do remember checking the VIN on the trucks lined up out front because I know we had similar color + night edition lol ... it was indeed mine parked out front, so yours is probably out back. They have a massive yard, and they bring up the trucks that are getting delivered today/tomorrow to the front like show pieces.

Also, to those picking up in Lake Charles, make sure you stop in to Darrell's for a sandwich and maybe a beer. Awesome little spot in town that has amazing sandwiches ... I rolled in about 11:30am and it was packed! Highly recommended.
Yeah in the picture they sent it looked like it was sitting on gravel/grass so I imagine it's in the back. I doubt they will display mine like a showpiece since I asked them not to wash it. So it's going to be DIRTY!!

Thanks for the tip about Darrell's! If our timing works as planned we will be leaving the dealership around lunchtime.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
For those of you that ordered at MD and took a flight to drive it home:
Flights can be more expensive when using short notice. Not really knowing when the new truck will actually be ready, how do you work the airline pricing to your favor?
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread