5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We plan on renting and driving too. I will also request that they don't wash. I'm going to putt Track Armour film on for the trip home so I'll spot clean where it will be applied.

A semi in front of us carrying sand hit a bump and got us pretty good somewhere north of New Orleans. I was paranoid until we stopped for fuel and I could make sure nothing got the truck. It worked out, but if I had to do it again, I'd probably do the film as well.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. I left the plate on the back for the drive from Louisiana to Florida, so they got plenty there. I also think we're doing more for them by just highlighting our experience on this forum than any sticker would ever do.

These are what were installed on my truck when I picked it up:

718Q3BK98bL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I'll leave the tag and bracket on for a bit as well. No harm in that but stickers are a non starter!

So, regarding the lugs, now I understand, they are just putting on locking ones. If that is the case I'll let Aaron know not to waste their time/money since I plan on replacing the chrome ones with black ones as soon as I get home.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A semi in front of us carrying sand hit a bump and got us pretty good somewhere north of New Orleans. I was paranoid until we stopped for fuel and I could make sure nothing got the truck. It worked out, but if I had to do it again, I'd probably do the film as well.
Damn! glad no damage was done. I suspect I'll be giving a LOT of space on the way home (not saying you didn't)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll leave the tag and bracket on for a bit as well. No harm in that but stickers are a non starter!

So, regarding the lugs, now I understand, they are just putting on locking ones. If that is the case I'll let Aaron know not to waste their time/money since I plan on replacing the chrome ones with black ones as soon as I get home.
Maybe they have a different set they put on for black wheels?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! glad no damage was done. I suspect I'll be giving a LOT of space on the way home (not saying you didn't)
There was actually a car in between us, and probably another semi length from me to the car in front of me. I think that probably helped keep a lot of the bigger stuff away from the truck.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think chrome lugs come on the black/night edition wheels! Can anyone confirm this?
Not sure, I suppose I thought there might be black locking lug nuts they'd include.

Last edited:

CRL125

Reaction score
Does anyone know what carrier company is used to get trucks from the Port Allen rail yard to Mark Dodge?
HATA? Port Allen isn't too far from Lake Charles, mine took less than a week, hopefully the same for you.

I might be wrong but I think chrome lugs come on the black/night edition wheels! Can anyone confirm this?

Chrome lugs, and MD adds the MOPAR chrome lock...I am going to get the black covers to pop over them.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HATA? Port Allen isn't too far from Lake Charles, mine took less than a week, hopefully the same for you.

Chrome lugs, and MD adds the MOPAR chrome lock...I am going to get the black covers to pop over them.

Thanks! I'll research HATA. It was in Arkansas yesterday, hoping before end of month!

I might go with covers as well. A lot of talk on other threads about black ones getting scuffed up easily.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I did. It took a little while. In fact, I was nearing the expiration of the paper temp tag and contacted MD. They ended up sending me some additional temps until the registration finally came in. If I recall, I probably received the final transferred registration about 2 weeks after the original paper tag that came with the truck expired.
Hah!

I bought from Bud Clary in Seattle with Philip Olson. (Great guy, btw.) Washington state issues 2 day tags. It took me 5 days of touring, etc., to drive home to NC. I then drove around for almost 2 months with the expired temp tags before I got my NC plates...because the NCDMV is staffed with idiots who don't want to share information about HOW TO GET TAGS FROM OUT OF STATE PURCHASES. Grrr.

I figured if I got pulled over, I'd tell the officer, "covid", and if it went beyond that, I'd present the email trail to/from NCDMV to the judge.

But it never happened. Sigh.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Hah!

I bought from Bud Clary in Seattle with Philip Olson. (Great guy, btw.) Washington state issues 2 day tags. It took me 5 days of touring, etc., to drive home to NC. I then drove around for almost 2 months with the expired temp tags before I got my NC plates...because the NCDMV is staffed with idiots who don't want to share information about HOW TO GET TAGS FROM OUT OF STATE PURCHASES. Grrr.

I figured if I got pulled over, I'd tell the officer, "covid", and if it went beyond that, I'd present the email trail to/from NCDMV to the judge.

But it never happened. Sigh.
My current truck, a ‘17 Rebel, I did a fly-and-drive from Dulles CDJR to FL. About the same 1000 mile drive as will be for MArk Dodge. That one took at least 3 temporary tags before I got my plate. Too long. For this one, jury is still out on trading in vs selling locally.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They just take $500 off if you have it. Not changing the price. I'm ordering a Laramie and Sandi says it'll work as long as I am a member for 30 days
Ill need to ask Sandy myself again then...

When I asked on December 13th she claimed it wouldn't do anything since their price was already more then 1% below invoice. "Our sale price is already below Employee Pricing (EP on the build sheet I sent you), effectively beating Affiliate discounts."

Did you got a 1500 or 2500 Laramie?

jassim

Reaction score
The incentive looks to be the same. On the right hand side there is a picture of a Ram 1500. Above that you have the option of selecting "4x4" Reading the fine print however, it is only for 2021 https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/...

I think unless they give a 0% option for 72 months I don't think its worth taking 0% for 48 months. It isn't hard to beat a 2% loan in the stock market at present.
Man, their site is just...not very good.

If you're planning to finance at 48 months or less anyway, might as well. 2% is 2%.

These incentives haven't been very good. At least I found Mark Dodge, though. Place in Atlanta wanted me to pay full price on a 2021 Laramie to get the 0% for 72. They were very proud of that truck and wouldn't budge a dime.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man, their site is just...not very good.

If you're planning to finance at 48 months or less anyway, might as well. 2% is 2%.

These incentives haven't been very good. At least I found Mark Dodge, though. Place in Atlanta wanted me to pay full price on a 2021 Laramie to get the 0% for 72. They were very proud of that truck and wouldn't budge a dime.
Are you me?

Had pretty much that exact experience on a 21 Laramie with a dealer just outside Atlanta. They were nice enough, but barely budged no matter what I brought up (cash, trade, etc.). Thought I wouldn't walk away, I suppose. Ended up ordering a better and newer truck for less money from MD.

And yes, I took the 0% for 48. I was planning to pay cash, trade in (about even with my old truck), or finance at 0%. Like you said, 2% is 2%.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Finally hit D1 status with build scheduled the week of the 24th. POC shows a ship date of 2/2/2022.

Super happy that all my original order options from June are there, including Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group and Rebel 12A!!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They just take $500 off if you have it. Not changing the price. I'm ordering a Laramie and Sandi says it'll work as long as I am a member for 30 days

Ill need to ask Sandy myself again then...

When I asked on December 13th she claimed it wouldn't do anything since their price was already more then 1% below invoice. "Our sale price is already below Employee Pricing (EP on the build sheet I sent you), effectively beating Affiliate discounts."

Did you got a 1500 or 2500 Laramie?
Sandy confirmed she would take $500 off for me too. Guess it helps to ask and not just wait to see if something "gets offered".

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
I am in Colorado and my truck just arrived at MD. My incentives looks like I can go $3500 off with Chrysler financing (wont know interest rate till tomorrow)
Or $2000 off and 0% for 48 months. It will all depend on the Chrysler interest rate on which is better (time for some math!)
Also I asked about the $500 Penfed deal and Aaron said just go on their website (already a member) and get the TruCar coupon code. Yay! $500 more $$$ off) And by doing the TruCar inquiry all my local dealers called me within minutes and I got to tell them to off one last time as they were MSRP when the truck arrived. So with all the price increases it would have been prob 10K more to buy locally. Ill gladly pay the shipping to CO.

Derek916

Reaction score
Sandy confirmed she would take $500 off for me too. Guess it helps to ask and not just wait to see if something "gets offered".
Cool great stuff. The program only came back on January 4th. Join asap! Tread Lightly mails digital memberships every Friday but it’ll be dated for the day that you joined. Comes with a bunch of other perks but I’m not really an off road type of guy. I did see something for Discount Tires though.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cool great stuff. The program only came back on January 4th. Join asap! Tread Lightly mails digital memberships every Friday but it’ll be dated for the day that you joined. Comes with a bunch of other perks but I’m not really an off road type of guy. I did see something for Discount Tires though.
I joined Tread Lightly over 30 days ago before I found out the Affiliate program wasn't going on :)

blue_by_you

Reaction score
So I join tread lightly (which level?) and after 30 days I am eligible to ask for $500 off my purchase price on the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread