5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Dunga

Reaction score
Good luck! Mine arrived @ MD 16 days after it was built. Hope it's similar for you.

Get ready for the longest two weeks of your life 🤣

I’m excited but a little irritated. This will pose a challenge though for me to pick up. I’m off till the 5th of July then essentially working through mid August. I’ll probably just have them ship it the 1,100 miles to Minnesota. I was hoping to make a trip out of it but duty calls.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
That’s frustrating. Is it the non-eTorque holding yours up? Otherwise seems like a pretty straightforward build compared to other BC’s built recently. 🤔
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm not sure as yeah I'm seeing similar builds too. No one knows why. I've asked the dealer and Ram support.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Has anyone reached out to Ram/FCA directly regarding the Longhorn/Limited rim swap, or plans to do so?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Modstang

Reaction score
Has anyone reached out to Ram/FCA directly regarding the Longhorn/Limited rim swap, or plans to do so?

Sandi reached out to me yesterday to let me know about the rim situation. I’m really not digging the Longhorn rims at all. She gave the option to keep it or cancel. Not sure what I’m doing at this point. Curious if Ram is willing to do something.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Sandi reached out to me yesterday to let me know about the rim situation. I’m really not digging the Longhorn rims at all. She gave the option to keep it or cancel. Not sure what I’m doing at this point. Curious if Ram is willing to do something.
Yeah it's not ideal. The gray ones are just okay I suppose in my opinion but I'd prefer different ones. Doesn't sound like there's any way to get the original ones now. Ram should really offer a credit on the truck so you can buy any reasonably priced aftermarket ones. Especially since they continue to advertise the original rims to this day...

I'm sure we'll just have to take it or leave it. Sadly these companies just screw you. Some 1500s have had issues with water infiltration, and Ram wouldn't fix it so a class action lawsuit had to be filed.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Yeah it's not ideal. The gray ones are just okay I suppose in my opinion but I'd prefer different ones. Doesn't sound like there's any way to get the original ones now. Ram should really offer a credit on the truck so you can buy any reasonably priced aftermarket ones. Especially since they continue to advertise the original rims to this day...

I'm sure we'll just have to take it or leave it. Sadly these companies just screw you. Some 1500s have had issues with water infiltration, and Ram wouldn't fix it so a class action lawsuit had to be filed.

I looked up the Limited wheel part number. It appears they are available as a service part, but many times a site will show a part as available and they actually are not. They are pricey, but if they are available as a service part, I can't imagine why they aren't available in production.

I don't think the longhorn wheel is that terrible, although ideally, I would like the correct wheels. At the end of the day, not a deal breaker for me.

Attachments

• 20220627_061241.jpg
    20220627_061241.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 30

Rammmer

Reaction score
I looked up the Limited wheel part number. It appears they are available as a service part, but many times a site will show a part as available and they actually are not. They are pricey, but if they are available as a service part, I can't imagine why they aren't available in production.

I don't think the longhorn wheel is that terrible, although ideally, I would like the correct wheels. At the end of the day, not a deal breaker for me.
Yeah I feel the same way. It's not a deal breaker because the rims are merely asthetic and the rest of the truck is there in working condition as ordered, presumably. Not happy that I'm not getting exactly what was advertised but I'm not sure realistically we'll get anywhere with FCA by bringing it up to them.

Rammmer

Reaction score

They're also selling them on the official Mopar website, but they can't put them on our trucks (even though they still picture these rims to this day!)? Is Mopar not owned by FCA/Stellantis? I don't know how they get away with that.

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Can someone explain these two fees to me?

Why is the "state fee" $521?

I'm assuming that's my state registration? It should be like $84.

And what is the $347 "government certificate of title fee"?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-201409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-201409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 19

Dunga

Reaction score

Where are those fees listed? My POC didn’t have that I don’t think.

Well my truck is shipped I guess. Still no ETA. I am a bit ill prepared for a July delivery. I have virtually no days off other than one weekend on the 25th and it’s my wife’s birthday and we have concert tickets. I’m debating whether to have it shipped 1,200 miles to Minnesota or try and get 2-3 days off work to fly in and drive it up north. I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to get coverage from work. Fiscally it will cost me a lot more because I will not get paid for the days I’m missing and have to spring for the flight for the two of us plus hotels and gas. I think I know what I have to do but looking for some affirmation. 😓

83B477D9-6D95-41C2-B911-34B69FCC7277.png

Last edited:

AMK53

Reaction score
Where are those fees listed? My POC didn’t have that I don’t think.

Well my truck is shipped I guess. Still no ETA. I am a bit I’ll prepared for a July delivery. I have virtually no days off other than one weekend on the 25th and it’s my wife’s birthday and we have concert tickets. I’m debating whether to have it shipped 1,200 to Minnesota or try and get 2-3 days off work to fly in and drive it up north. I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to get coverage from work. Fiscally it will cost me a lot more because I will not get paid for the days I’m missing and have to spring for the flight for the two of us plus hotels and gas. I think I know what I have to do but looking for some affirmation. 😓

View attachment 133470

Are limited trims typically ship this fast from order date? I was told it was at least 3 months for the Laramie I ordered. Looks like you got yours under 30 days.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

When you buy/register a cae in NJ, they charge you for your registration for 4 or 5 years upfront. That is also how long your inspection sticker is good for

Dunga

Reaction score
Are limited trims typically ship this fast from order date? I was told it was at least 3 months for the Laramie I ordered. Looks like you got yours under 30 days.
Yup it’s wild. Sandi told me 15-25 wks++. She said it’s been “all over the place”. I tried to switch the E locker with the anti slip 1 hour after the order was processed but Ram had already accepted it. I could have reordered but it was a crap shoot when that was gonna get picked up. Since I’d sold my daily driver I wasn’t really mad and kept the E locker. I’ve had shoes and suits take longer from order to delivery haha. Of course it put me in a pickle with my work schedule. I was looking forward to visiting Louisiana but looks like that’ll have to wait now.

Users who are viewing this thread