5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My build sheet I sent to MD for the quote/order only has a written description. I don't recall what the website said. The pictures show the normal Limited rims I'm apparently not getting. Hopefully they work this out compensate me for the discrepancy because apparently I'm clearly not getting what I ordered.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
this is why we have been telling everyone to get a poc and a detailed poc

this way you know what the dealer programed into the dealer connect system

fyi what you gave was a wish sheet not a build sheet

build sheets are issued after the unit is built and moved off the assembly line.

Rammmer

Reaction score
this is why we have been telling everyone to get a poc and a detailed poc

this way you know what the dealer programed into the dealer connect system

fyi what you gave was a wish sheet not a build sheet

build sheets are issued after the unit is built and moved off the assembly line.
I guess build sheet is a term of art here, so yeah not a build sheet. It was a spec sheet that was generated by Ram's website. I think calling it a wish sheet implies there's some sort of lottery as to what parts you get and I don't think that's the case. Especially so since you're contracting for a set dollar amount for certain features.

The build sent to the dealer based on the Ram-generated spec sheet shows certain rims in multiple images. No where does it give the consumer any notice of rim shortage/change. When the dealer returns the POC, it says nothing about rims. The dealer doesn't mention there is a more detailed POC. The dealer doesn't mention that the rims you see on the spec sheet are in fact not the rims the factory will put on the truck, even though (presumably based on timing) they know that to be the case.

This seems to me to be the dealer's and/or Ram's fault for poor advertising and website software.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I guess build sheet is a term of art here, so yeah not a build sheet. It was a spec sheet that was generated by Ram's website. I think calling it a wish sheet implies there's some sort of lottery as to what parts you get and I don't think that's the case. Especially so since you're contracting for a set dollar amount for certain features.

The build sent to the dealer based on the Ram-generated spec sheet shows certain rims in multiple images. No where does it give the consumer any notice of rim shortage/change. When the dealer returns the POC, it says nothing about rims. The dealer doesn't mention there is a more detailed POC. The dealer doesn't mention that the rims you see on the spec sheet are in fact not the rims the factory will put on the truck, even though (presumably based on timing) they know that to be the case.

This seems to me to be the dealer's and/or Ram's fault for poor advertising and website software.
i did not know about the detailed poc until @Eighty mentioned it

i call it a wish list because I wished my dealer would have followed it.
which is why it took three orders for them to get mine correct

you are not the first and will not be the last to learn about how this works and how you have to keep on the dealer to make sure everything is input correctly.

getting everything in writing and keeping copies gives you a leg to stand on when the build is not correct.

Rammmer

Reaction score
i did not know about the detailed poc until @Eighty mentioned it

i call it a wish list because I wished my dealer would have followed it.
which is why it took three orders for them to get mine correct

you are not the first and will not be the last to learn about how this works and how you have to keep on the dealer to make sure everything is input correctly.

getting everything in writing and keeping copies gives you a leg to stand on when the build is not correct.
Fair enough. I can see how there can be a discrepancy between the spec sheet and the actual order entered by the dealer.

Based on the POC, my build was not screwed up. I don't have the build sheet yet but the Ram build status tracker also shows the truck with the normal limited wheels. Apparently all new Limited's are getting Longhorn wheels. If that's true, then the Ram website is indisputably misleading because it shows different rims.

If the dealer knew the Limited/Longhorn rim swap was occurring months ago (I read here sometime around March 2022 this started happening), you would think every dealer who is doing a factory Limited order after that time has a duty to disclose to the purchaser that the rims will be different than shown. Otherwise the customer is misled based on the Ram spec sheet.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Fair enough. I can see how there can be a discrepancy between the spec sheet and the actual order entered by the dealer.

Based on the POC, my build was not screwed up. I don't have the build sheet yet but the Ram build status tracker also shows the truck with the normal limited wheels. Apparently all new Limited's are getting Longhorn wheels. If that's true, then the Ram website is indisputably misleading because it shows different rims.

If the dealer knew the Limited/Longhorn rim swap was occurring months ago (I read here sometime around March 2022 this started happening), you would think every dealer who is doing a factory Limited order after that time has a duty to disclose to the purchaser that the rims will be different than shown. Otherwise the customer is misled based on the Ram spec sheet.
someone posted here that their dealer ordered the correct wheels when the truck arrived with the incorrect wheels
can't remember if it is the same as yours or not

I do not believe the dealers really know what the factory is doing

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score

The dealers are not remotely as informed about what is going on with the factory, inventory, or builds as much as you think. No more so than you or I.

I know it's frustrating but It's not really practical to expect them keep track of every part situation across all the models they sell. Especially now with the scamdemic causing all sorts of "supply chain issues". Three years ago you may have had some sort of recourse, but today unfortunately your options probably will be either accept the truck as it is or take your deposit back.

Reaction score
The dealers are not remotely as informed about what is going on with the factory, inventory, or builds as much as you think. No more so than you or I.

I know it's frustrating but It's not really practical to expect them keep track of every part situation across all the models they sell. Especially now with the scamdemic causing all sorts of "supply chain issues". Three years ago you may have had some sort of recourse, but today unfortunately your options probably will be either accept the truck as it is or take your deposit back.
I would expect a volume dealer like Mark Dodge, who probably is in the top echelon of dealers doing factory orders, to have a pretty good handle on the parts issues. There really are not that many options on these vehicles.

Others here have reported Limited rims issues as far back as March 2022 according to above posters. It seems like any dealer who dealt with this issue at least once knew or should have known it would be an issue in similar orders going forward.

It seems to me to be exactly the dealers job to know what products they are selling. The law imposes that duty on them. If they negligently misrepresent a product, then they are liable for the material deviation in the purchased item. Maybe the dealer has a claim against Ram for bad website configuration, but to the consumer, the consumer relies on the dealer for their order and the dealer has a duty to inform the consumer about material changes in the vehicle that it knows about as to not mislead an average reasonable consumer as to what they're paying big money to order.

I realize the pandemic has caused issues as to parts, but if you know about those issues and fail to disclose them, that's on the manufacturer and or dealer and their representations and not the supply chain.

Hopefully the norms have not succumb to a state of nonrecourse for an obvious breach of contract. Looks bad for the dealer either way if they're not willing to work with the purchaser.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would expect a volume dealer like Mark Dodge, who probably is in the top echelon of dealers doing factory orders, to have a pretty good handle on the parts issues. There really are not that many options on these vehicles.
Ordinarily I would agree with you. But from personal experience I know MD is at the mercy of the plant as to what actually gets built. My first order was missing two major options and MD didn't know about it until the morning my build sheet came out and I called them to let them know! Aaron was furious that he hadn't been notified so he and I could discuss a course of action. The options could not be added after the fact so I just reordered.

Aaron stated MANY times that if the truck came in not as ordered, I could walk with my deposit or reorder.

Rich6896

Reaction score
Okay. More info. These painted longhorn rims are not brown. They are painted grey. I got a better pic from Arron. I guess these are the quirks of ordering from 900 miles away, but I think MD, Arron, and my sales rep Kippie, really do a great job. -Happy Customer.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Okay. More info. These painted longhorn rims are not brown. They are painted grey. I got a better pic from Arron. I guess these are the quirks of ordering from 900 miles away, but I think MD, Arron, and my sales rep Kippie, really do a great job. -Happy Customer.
I guess we'll see what shows up on our trucks. Mark Dodge has been great to work with so far, but it is unfortunate the rim fiasco has come up. Ram's website does not show the correct rims even to this day, and it's just plain misleading.

Rich6896

Reaction score
This is a close up of what's on my truck.

Attachments

• signal-2022-06-27-12-23-40-814.jpg
    signal-2022-06-27-12-23-40-814.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 50

Rammmer

Reaction score
This is a close up of what's on my truck.
Doesn't look too bad I guess. I don't blame Mark Dodge for this if they didn't know about it, but Ram should definitely offer some sort of compensation for giving different rims than their own website represents on the build.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
The factory/manufacturer unfortunately doesn't always tell us when something like this changes.

The website unfortunately can be misleading as packages from time to time may not be available and show on the site. Or some packages can't be used together.

Even color combinations can vary.

I had a wrangler that was ordered with all season mats. Was on the POC at time of order and assigned a Von and vin. Car gets here and doesn't have them on the window sticker or invoice. Luckily was in stock and similar price to what it was from the factory. But i could only imagine if it was something not that simple.

Since covid hit i have only had one vehicle where Stellantis contacted us about an order issue.
Was told a customer needed to make a decision within 24 hours.
The was supposed to be standard with forward collision.
3 options:
1.Take a credit for the car not having forward collision warning
2.Cancel their order
3.Add a uconnect theater package for $3,995 to keep the forward collision warning(At the time that package was actually $2,995)

Customer no longer had kids and the safety features was their primary focus.

Rammmer

Reaction score
The factory/manufacturer unfortunately doesn't always tell us when something like this changes.

The website unfortunately can be misleading as packages from time to time may not be available and show on the site. Or some packages can't be used together.

Even color combinations can vary.

I had a wrangler that was ordered with all season mats. Was on the POC at time of order and assigned a Von and vin. Car gets here and doesn't have them on the window sticker or invoice. Luckily was in stock and similar price to what it was from the factory. But i could only imagine if it was something not that simple.

Since covid hit i have only had one vehicle where Stellantis contacted us about an order issue.
Was told a customer needed to make a decision within 24 hours.
The was supposed to be standard with forward collision.
3 options:
1.Take a credit for the car not having forward collision warning
2.Cancel their order
3.Add a uconnect theater package for $3,995 to keep the forward collision warning(At the time that package was actually $2,995)

Customer no longer had kids and the safety features was their primary focus.
That is a frustrating case for that buyer.

The dealer is certainly not responsible for Ram's website; Ram is. When they fail to update it to mislead consumers as to what they're getting they should own up to it. Especially where the POC doesn't give notice to the dealer at the time the order goes in.

It sounds like they just ran out of the normal Limited rims. In which case you can't give the customer that item, at least credit them a reasonable amount for rim replacement.

Derek916

Reaction score
I guess we'll see what shows up on our trucks. Mark Dodge has been great to work with so far, but it is unfortunate the rim fiasco has come up. Ram's website does not show the correct rims even to this day, and it's just plain misleading.

Rim fiasco is definitely bigger than missing cup holder fiasco but it ain’t nothing to BSM/Parking sensor fiasco. 60K trucks without safety sensors LOL.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Rim fiasco is definitely bigger than missing cup holder fiasco but it ain’t nothing to BSM/Parking sensor fiasco. 60K trucks without safety sensors LOL.
Yeah it's not the end of the world. It's a purely asthetic feature, but of course that is still going to matter somewhat to most buyers.

You would think Ram (or every vehicle manufacturers, really) would have a policy in place to address order-to-lot deficiencies.

Apparently the policy is supplement a part, not inform buyers, and hope they don't complain to you to avoid spending money to credit them the dimished value of the deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread