5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Rich6896

Reaction score
Yeah, It is bait and switch. I was offered my deposit back. But I sold my jeep and need a car. So I'll just look to buy rims on the secondary market. I have a group legal plan at work and might have them contact FCA.

Rich6896

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. Did you separately select those rims within the builder website, or did the website select those rims as default based on it being a Limited? If I chose those rims and it wasn't a default setting I'd be asking the dealer for a compromise and swap them out if possible.
MD does not have any to swap. I really don't view this as their issue.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the ones on the left, the ones on the right are what came in:
View attachment 133017
Those look like the wheels that are on mine, listed as '20X9.0 Prem Painted Whls w/Inserts' on my build sheet.

Your build sheet lists '20X9.0 Alum Painted/Polished Wheels'. Seems like there was a mixup at the factory. I'd ask Aaron to get the right wheels on that truck for you.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Yeah, It is bait and switch. I was offered my deposit back. But I sold my jeep and need a car. So I'll just look to buy rims on the secondary market. I have a group legal plan at work and might have them contact FCA.
When did FCA start replacing the normal Limited rims you see on the website with the Longhorn rims? If you ordered prior to that, it seems to me it's on FCA to make you whole. If the dealer knew they were doing this and didn't say "hey, I know you ordered a Limited and the pictures show X rims, but right now you'll actually get Y rims and FCA hasn't updated the website to reflect that," then I think part of the blame falls on the dealer as well.

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Anyone know if trucks get delivered to MD on Saturdays? I'm praying that today's the day :ROFLMAO:

Dunga

Reaction score
I know! Hope you guys get some good news soon. I don’t understand how they plan those builds. Maybe they do them batches so if you pick the right color or trim then they’ll slot you in an existing placeholder spot? I’m just trying to make sense of it.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I know! Hope you guys get some good news soon. I don’t understand how they plan those builds. Maybe they do them batches so if you pick the right color or trim then they’ll slot you in an existing placeholder spot? I’m just trying to make sense of it.
At least you ordered yours with the 22" wheels. A lot of us ordered limiteds and have no idea what wheels/rims our truck is coming with because of the shortage and lack of notice on the issue by FCA/dealers.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Dunga

Reaction score
At least you ordered yours with the 22" wheels. A lot of us ordered limiteds and have no idea what wheels/rims our truck is coming with because of the shortage and lack of notice on the issue by FCA/dealers.

I’ve read about that here on the forum. I get the frustration. GM is delivering trucks with no parking sensors, heated seats and wheels. They’ll either write you an “I owe you” thing or credit you something pathetic like $50. These are crazy times.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read about that here on the forum. I get the frustration. GM is delivering trucks with no parking sensors, heated seats and wheels. They’ll either write you an “I owe you” thing or credit you something pathetic like $50. These are crazy times.

The window stickers show a credit for whatever is not working but also says that they will make the truck whole once the chip supply issues allow.

Dunga

Reaction score
The window stickers show a credit for whatever is not working but also says that they will make the truck whole once the chip supply issues allow.
Ok they do the credit is in addition to the I owe you. That makes more sense.

Last edited:

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok do the credit is in addition to the I owe you. That makes more sense.

Let me be more specific.....
I have seen this on GM window stickers. I have not seen this on any Ram window stickers.
Ram seems to just like to make a substitution and hope you don't notice - Like in the case of the Limited/Rebel/Longhorn/Night Edition wheels.
I have not seen them make any mention for dropped equipment - Like in the case of the side steps on quad cabs.
I also have not seen/heard of any cases with Ram trucks being delivered with non-functioning options such as heated steering wheel due to chip shortage. Ram seems to have done wheel with chips. It is other parts that seem to be a problem....

brewdad

Reaction score

Our Limited's are all now coming with Longhorn wheels; my Limited build sheet shows Longhorn wheels & has an Estimated Delivery date of 12 July; the Ram Limited build site now shows a picture of Longhorn wheels for the Limited trim. I guess this is Stellantis covering their backside for the switch in wheels.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Our Limited's are all now coming with Longhorn wheels; my Limited build sheet shows Longhorn wheels & has an Estimated Delivery date of 12 July; the Ram Limited build site now shows a picture of Longhorn wheels for the Limited trim. I guess this is Stellantis covering their backside for the switch in wheels.
The website still shows the same original Limited 20" rims for me. Well, it shows the Longhorn rims on the selection tab, but all of the pictures show the regular Limited rims. It's misleading. I submitted my build with multiple pics from the Ram website with different rims than I'm getting apparently.

Rich6896

Reaction score
This is from the original build I configured. I saved the link. They are now showing (DISC)

1656285045991.png

Rammmer

Reaction score
This is from the original build I configured. I saved the link. They are now showing (DISC)

View attachment 133192
My build sheet I sent to MD for the quote/order only has a written description. I don't recall what the website said. The pictures show the normal Limited rims I'm apparently not getting. Hopefully they work this out compensate me for the discrepancy because apparently I'm clearly not getting what I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/