5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup it’s wild. Sandi told me 15-25 wks++. She said it’s been “all over the place”. I tried to switch the E locker with the anti slip 1 hour after the order was processed but Ram had already accepted it. I could have reordered but it was a crap shoot when that was gonna get picked up. Since I’d sold my daily driver I wasn’t really mad and kept the E locker. I’ve had shoes and suits take longer from order to delivery haha. Of course it put me in a pickle with my work schedule. I was looking forward to visiting Louisiana but looks like that’ll have to wait now.
Sandi told me about the same, it was almost 10 months! it does seem like they are pushing them out faster these days! BTW i would wait again, I love the truck rides better than a Caddy

Dunga

Reaction score
Sandi told me about the same, it was almost 10 months! it does seem like they are pushing them out faster these days! BTW i would wait again, I love the truck rides better than a Caddy
My former daily was a ‘19 Mercedes E63. So very different than the Ram but when I drove this truck I loved it. The interior is gorgeous and the practicality for car seats and strollers and whatever else I wanna put in the bed won me over. I get now why trucks are so popular in this country. It only took me 38 years haha. I’m just glad I found the forum before plopping sticker locally.

Now I’m making my way through this very thread to kill the time. I’m about halfway through. It hurts how much the ‘22 prices went up for a single model year but no point crying over spilt milk.

Last edited:

Rammmer

Reaction score
My former daily was a ‘19 Mercedes E63. So very different than the Ram but when I drove this truck I loved it. The interior is gorgeous and the practicality for car seats and strollers and whatever else I wanna put in the bed won me over. I get now why trucks are so popular in this country. It only took me 38 years haha. I’m just glad I found the forum before plopping sticker locally.

Now I’m making my way through this very thread to kill the time. I’m about halfway through. It hurts how much the ‘22 prices went up for a single model year but no point crying over spelt milk.
Just wait until the 2023 prices come out. Most brands are upping each trim level 1-5k so far for vehicles generally from what I've seen. I'm sure full size trucks will be just as bad if not worse.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Dunga

Reaction score
Just wait until the 2023 prices come out. Most brands are upping each trim level 1-5k so far for vehicles generally from what I've seen. I'm sure full size trucks will be just as bad if not worse.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Let’s see how long this lasts. I read something about nationwide default rate on mortgages being up 550% in 12 months. Real estate is nuts where we live. Some track builders are using a lottery system for customers. Nuts.

Something’s gotta give.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Let’s see how long this lasts. I read something about nationwide default rate on mortgages being up 550% in 12 months. Real estate is nuts where we live. Some track builders are using a lottery system for customers. Nuts.

Something’s gotta give.
Market will crash. Just a matter of time and how long will it take and how severe. Will it be gradual or a sudden drop. Houses are insane right now. I don't see the jobs to support them either.

Last edited:

TSL

Reaction score
I thought it was "standard operating procedure" for any dealer to always give a full tank of gas on sale of a new vehicle. I've only done two brand new vehicle purchases in the past ( one in '07 and one in '15 ) and in each case they fully gassed up the vehicle before we drove off.
I noticed on the POC it has a line item for "5 additional gallons of gas" and I asked Renae about that and she said, if I recall correctly, that's what the factory send and that they put an additional $30 worth into it. With their prices and service being so awesome I hadn't the heart to push the point, but in the back of my mind I was thinking "man, that's a bit lame" ! Although... if they filled every 33 gallon tank that left their lot, that would add up for them I guess !
Just following up on my own post from a few months back : when I got my vehicle shipped from MD, a couple weeks ago now, it actually came with a FULL tank of diesel. So kudo's to MD for doing that, especially with diesel off the charts expensive these days.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just following up on my own post from a few months back : when I got my vehicle shipped from MD, a couple weeks ago now, it actually came with a FULL tank of diesel. So kudo's to MD for doing that, especially with diesel off the charts expensive these days.

I have easily bought over 60 new cars since 1985. This Ram, my second Ram (not purchased from Mark Dodge), is the first one that did not come with a full tank of gas. I thought the guy was kidding when he said they only put in $40 of gas in their New Truck deliveries.

mike146

Reaction score
I ordered from Mark Dodge, shipped to NY. No Gas. Not end of world and didn't even mention to Aaron. Saved enough vs local pricing even with shipping that I didn't mind filling her up myself.

Derek916

Reaction score

Now I’m making my way through this very thread to kill the time. I’m about halfway through. It hurts how much the ‘22 prices went up for a single model year but no point crying over spelt milk.
Yeah I was thinking the ram 1500 would
be good for families but man, the width of this thing doesn’t leave a lot space to get the kids out. I might have to go team minivan when the kid arrives. That, plus every parking spot here seemingly has a bush behind it so my truck doesn’t fit in the stall lol.

Dunga

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the ram 1500 would
be good for families but man, the width of this thing doesn’t leave a lot space to get the kids out. I might have to go team minivan when the kid arrives. That, plus every parking spot here seemingly has a bush behind it so my truck doesn’t fit in the stall lol.
The 360 camera makes parking that boat much easier.

Dunga

Reaction score
I wish that was an option on the Big Horn.
Yeah I don’t get why they restrict certain options. Look at Porsche. You can have any option you want a la carte on any trim you’re getting. You just have to pay for it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have easily bought over 60 new cars since 1985. This Ram, my second Ram (not purchased from Mark Dodge), is the first one that did not come with a full tank of gas. I thought the guy was kidding when he said they only put in $40 of gas in their New Truck deliveries.
60 new cars in 37 yrs???

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As with everything else in America, you pay more and get less, guess that applies to vehicles now as well. Pay $60k and up, get a half *** car wash And $40 gas.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
60 new cars in 37 yrs???
Yes sir.
I rotate out if them pretty quickly. I have kept a few for long periods though. Kept a miata for 5 years, an Eldorado for 4 yrs, a corvette for 4 years, a vw tiguan for 4, and the last ram for 8. Usually have a rotation of about 5 vehicles at the house.

Dunga

Reaction score
My truck is getting delivered today. 106 days. My driver called and is running 3 hours late. 3hours > 106 days. ;)
Mine has left the factory on the way to MD. I’m assuming bill have it in Minnesota by the end of the month. I’m locked in to the 0% for 48 months and I see a bunch of incentives but they’re only good through the 5th. We will see what happens when I pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread