5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
I don't think that is it at all. Only add on's I have were the bed utility package, Mopar side steps and PPF. All the Back country builds and most every other build that have been after me and already have window stickers have the same add ons. Only thing I see an issue with is the PPF but at this point, who knows.
Yeah true. Who knows. The logistics end is probably so screwed up now. I understand it's complex and not just a "direct route" but I still don't understand how it takes ~30 days to ship a truck from Michigan to Louisiana. Then again I don't know if that was a normal timeframe pre-"pandemic" or not.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Yeah true. Who knows. The logistics end is probably so screwed up now. I understand it's complex and not just a "direct route" but I still don't understand how it takes ~30 days to ship a truck from Michigan to Louisiana. Then again I don't know if that was a normal timeframe pre-"pandemic" or not.
Do you know if it's going to MD by train? I know in Memphis, they are having issues with getting vehicles from the trainyard transported to the dealership. They have had some sitting there since April.

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Do you know if it's going to MD by train? I know in Memphis, they are having issues with getting vehicles from the trainyard transported to the dealership. They have had some sitting there since April.
No clue, I just know what's on the tracker. Shipped 6/9 ETA 7/4

Rammmer

Reaction score
I didn't want the paint film because I didn't know what exactly it covered. Going to cost me at least 2k just to get the front done.
I also opted not to get it factory installed since I couldn't find a clear answer on what was covered.

It does seem pricey for a shop to do it especially if you're also getting a ceramic coating as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I also opted not to get it factory installed since I couldn't find a clear answer on what was covered.

It does seem pricey for a shop to do it especially if you're also getting a ceramic coating as well.

Yea, looking at close to 3.5-4k for Ceramic coating(single coat) and PPF on just the front.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Yea, looking at close to 3.5-4k for Ceramic coating(single coat) and PPF on just the front.
If the vehicle cost itself was not enough you have to get work like that done plus registration fees, sales tax, insurance premium, shipping cost, inspection, etc... depending on what's applicable where you live too. It ain't cheap.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Others may disagree, but I skipped the PPF on this truck. It wasn't worth it to me after my last truck.

I'd also look into coating the truck yourself. Coatings like Adam's Advanced Graphene and Optimum Gloss-coat are extremely easy to apply especially on a new truck.

Just don't let the dealer wash it, and your prep will be minimal.

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Others may disagree, but I skipped the PPF on this truck. It wasn't worth it to me after my last truck.

I'd also look into coating the truck yourself. Coatings like Adam's Advanced Graphene and Optimum Gloss-coat are extremely easy to apply especially on a new truck.

Just don't let the dealer wash it, and your prep will be minimal.
I totally agree with this. You'll never retain anywhere near 2k in value just from not having a couple very small rock chips. Especially not on a pickup truck, after a few years those chips will probably have 0 effect on value.

If you're very anal about paint (which I am) taking care of it and washing it PROPERLY and maintaining it will have a much larger noticable difference in my opinion.

If it was a Ferrari, show car, or a beautiful weekend cruiser or something, sure.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree with this. You'll never retain anywhere near 2k in value just from not having a couple very small rock chips. Especially not on a pickup truck, after a few years those chips will probably have 0 effect on value.

If you're very anal about paint (which I am) taking care of it and washing it PROPERLY and maintaining it will have a much larger noticable difference in my opinion.

If it was a Ferrari, show car, or a beautiful weekend cruiser or something, sure.
And I'd go a step further and say that even with PPF, I still ended up with rock chips.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't want the paint film because I didn't know what exactly it covered. Going to cost me at least 2k just to get the front done.
You could find a good ceramic shop that uses a 9H hardness coating.

J2048B

Reaction score
Wife flew to the great state and drover er back! Thanks mark dodge

068ee5aad277dd9afff1ba8a8ed15069.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich6896

Reaction score
Aaron offered ceramic coating for $700. I declined. Like my oil changes, I want to know what goes on or in my truck. They have been good to deal with. I did get stuck with longhorn brown painted rims on my patriot blue truck which truthfully has taken some of the excitement of getting a new truck.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Aaron offered ceramic coating for $700. I declined. Like my oil changes, I want to know what goes on or in my truck. They have been good to deal with. I did get stuck with longhorn brown painted rims on my patriot blue truck which truthfully has taken some of the excitement of getting a new truck.
Did you ask what rims you're getting? I guess I don't know what rims are actually coming on my truck based on what I'm reading here.

Rich6896

Reaction score
Ordered the ones on the left, the ones on the right are what came in:
1656089395916.png

Attachments

• 1656089363803.png
    1656089363803.png
    526.8 KB · Views: 30

Rammmer

Reaction score
Ordered the ones on the left, the ones on the right are what came in:
View attachment 133017
I may have the same issue.

It seems like a straightforward breach of contract or negligent/intentional advertising misrepresentation. You ordered a truck with X rims and got Y, to the behest of the order and images on the website. There is no "popup" or any other notice to the consumer stating the rims have been replaced with a different version. Did the dealer tell you, despite the images showing the rims of the left, that you would instead get the replacement rims on the right?

This is someone's responsibility to replace them or compensate you for.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. Did you separately select those rims within the builder website, or did the website select those rims as default based on it being a Limited? If I chose those rims and it wasn't a default setting I'd be asking the dealer for a compromise and swap them out if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread