5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps update failure!

U

User_3336

Waiting to see if anybody with a 2023 and the digital dash successfully updates their maps. I'm very leery about trying to update when it seems someone above here in the thread bricked their TOMTOM...
What is the version of the maps you currently have?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Waiting to see if anybody with a 2023 and the digital dash successfully updates their maps. I'm very leery about trying to update when it seems someone above here in the thread bricked their TOMTOM...
If I were you I would wait. My 23 is in the shop now trying to figure out what went wrong with my update. Hopefully have it back tomorrow and I can give a report.
Tom

fliptide

Reaction score
Anybody been able to download files recently (2022)? For me the first 2 files won't download and pops up another browser window with gibberish (technical term) 20230618_210906.jpg 20230618_210916.jpg

66Fuelie

Reaction score
If you right click on them and then select download it will work.
Tom

fliptide

Reaction score
If you right click on them and then select download it will work.
Tom
Thank you! I will give that a try this afternoon. All the other files would download by clicking the link so I was confused.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Getting back to the original problem :ROFLMAO:
As of today my maps are finally working! Dealer had to install a new radio to fix problem.
Im glad all is well again.
Tom

fliptide

Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue and no download option when I right click. I tried with 2 different computers and 3 different browsers. Same results every time.....
Right click and choose "save link as"
Worked for me!

Philth

Reaction score
That worked! Thanks for the tip. I had given up....
Thanks. I'll try this. I just created another thread in this section regarding the general updated method for the U5 system. Is it OTA or updated through USB?

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try this. I just created another thread in this section regarding the general updated method for the U5 system. Is it OTA or updated through USB?
OTA never worked for me. USB can be done on your schedule. Make sure you use a 32GB FAT32 USB key. ExFAT doesn't work and FAT32 only supports up to 32GB.

cliffsta

Reaction score
What is the version of the maps you currently have?
Sorry I missed this. My map is dated March of 2022. I know there's a much newer map, but I'm scared to do it based on 66fuelie's difficulties (digital dash).

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It turns out that the UConnect is very picky with compatible flash drives.

I actually threw my files onto a microSD card, and then used a microSD-to-USB adapter. It kept failing and backing out of the update. I tried a different flash drive, no difference. I tried a different microSD card, no difference. Finally, I remembered that on my 2020 with UC4, it was picky on the types of USB flash drives you used for updates. So on a hunch, I used the same/original microSD card, but a different microSD-to-USB adapter. It worked on the first try.

1688796853351.png

cliffsta

Reaction score
It turns out that the UConnect is very picky with compatible flash drives.

I actually threw my files onto a microSD card, and then used a microSD-to-USB adapter. It kept failing and backing out of the update. I tried a different flash drive, no difference. I tried a different microSD card, no difference. Finally, I remembered that on my 2020 with UC4, it was picky on the types of USB flash drives you used for updates. So on a hunch, I used the same/original microSD card, but a different microSD-to-USB adapter. It worked on the first try.

View attachment 162435
Interesting! Your TRX is UC5 and digital dash but it worked okay apparently.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Did you get the files from the Stellantis site?
Tom

Philth

Reaction score
Successfully updated mine the other night via USB drive formatted to FAT32. I think that's the key; using a FAT32 formatted drive. I have the digital dash and no issues.
Now, what is the deal with the alleged OTA map updates? Are they not working? Kind of sh*tty that one would have to pay monthly for a Tom Tom service that doesn't update automatically.

RankinX

Reaction score
I tried for a few weeks to get my truck to download the map through wifi by parking it close to the house. It could see the update, but it just wouldn't download.

I downloaded and installed the map from the Stellantis site from July 2023, still does not show my street built 2 years ago. That's fun lol. ( not that i needed my street to be shown, but the maps are lazy )

DeanM2

Reaction score
I am trying to perform my first map update on my new 2023 Big Horn with 12" screen. Have had no issues with the Navigation, just want to update the maps, which are currently March of 2022.

When I put the thumb drive in, it asks if I want to update the maps. Then it warns me it may take 30 minutes, etc. Then it briefly says installing, and then says "The map on your USB device has been modified. Please repeat the map download procedure on your computer". I have redone, and same result.

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix this?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am trying to perform my first map update on my new 2023 Big Horn with 12" screen. Have had no issues with the Navigation, just want to update the maps, which are currently March of 2022.

When I put the thumb drive in, it asks if I want to update the maps. Then it warns me it may take 30 minutes, etc. Then it briefly says installing, and then says "The map on your USB device has been modified. Please repeat the map download procedure on your computer". I have redone, and same result.

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix this?
From what I saw you can't update the 2023s yet.
Lots of people had problems with it, I can do it fine on my 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread