5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps update failure!

Philth

Reaction score
I am trying to perform my first map update on my new 2023 Big Horn with 12" screen. Have had no issues with the Navigation, just want to update the maps, which are currently March of 2022.

When I put the thumb drive in, it asks if I want to update the maps. Then it warns me it may take 30 minutes, etc. Then it briefly says installing, and then says "The map on your USB device has been modified. Please repeat the map download procedure on your computer". I have redone, and same result.

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix this?
Is the USB drive formatted for FAT32? I've had no problems. The latest map release is 6/2023.

DeanM2

Reaction score
Is the USB drive formatted for FAT32? I've had no problems. The latest map release is 6/2023.
Yes. The USB drive is formatted for FAT32. Have tried it all, again. Still getting the same error.
Any more ideas? Or is there any Technical Support I can contact for support?

Philth

Reaction score
Yes. The USB drive is formatted for FAT32. Have tried it all, again. Still getting the same error.
Any more ideas? Or is there any Technical Support I can contact for support?
Only thing I can think of is maybe try a different USB drive? (if you haven't already)

23RAM

Reaction score
"The map on your USB device has been modified. Please repeat the map download procedure on your computer".
This usually means the files are incomplete or corrupt. Did you get all 5 files with a total of 16.6gigs?

DeanM2

Reaction score
There are only 4 files currently available on the Stelantis site. Just tried multiple USB thumb drives, including SD Cards with USB adapters. Same result.

Azsmc

Reaction score
You have to scroll up and then you’ll find that there are 5 files to download. If you’re not finding 5 files that’s what your problem is.

23RAM

Reaction score
There are only 4 files currently available on the Stelantis site. Just tried multiple USB thumb drives, including SD Cards with USB adapters. Same result.
You have to scroll up and then you’ll find that there are 5 files to download. If you’re not finding 5 files that’s what your problem is.
Exactly this...there are 5 files, you missed the last one:
files.png

DeanM2

Reaction score
Exactly this...there are 5 files, you missed the last one:
View attachment 167713
OMG, I have reached a new level of Stupid!!!
I read some of the older posts that said there were 9 files, so when I saw only 4 larger files I "assumed" that must be it. As soon as I saw your screen print, I knew there must be a scroll bar on the download screen that I had overlooked. Sure enough, there were five (5) files.
I initially started loading the files with a really old SD Card with a USB adapter. Even on my PC that card only transferred files at 8Mbs. I could see it was going to take forever to load the new maps. So I stopped it and switched to a real USB 3.0 thumb drive that transferred files on my PC at 100Mbs. The new maps loaded quickly and without issues.
Thank you sooooo much; @Azsmc and @23RAM .

Cesar592

Reaction score
Updated my '23 twice now. No issues.
download the files to a usb one by one and then copy and paste but it doesn't seem to work for the 2023 module I get nothing when inserting the usb

DeanM2

Reaction score
download the files to a usb one by one and then copy and paste but it doesn't seem to work for the 2023 module I get nothing when inserting the usb
Can you please define "nothing"?
You put it in "run" and then inserted the the USB Drive into one of the USB ports under the display, and what happens????
Are you using a 32Gb thumb drive formatted as "FAT32"? 16Gb is too small to hold the files. Bigger than 32GB will use a different format.
Worked fine on my 2023.

Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that you have a 21 or 22 model year with a 2023 control module?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that you have a 21 or 22 model year with a 2023 control module?
I upgraded to a 2023 uc5 module because I want to install the digital cluster

23RAM

Reaction score
I upgraded to a 2023 uc5 module because I want to install the digital cluster
Maybe the systems are not compatible or the checksum doesn't match. Others with model year 23's are updating just fine.

Emir86

Reaction score
Hi! I downloaded maps, but skip one (only one!!!) file while copy to USB. After all I have on the screen - TOMTOM screen and "No maps available..." (see a screen below). The same like author. I've tried to reinstall Maps with all files - the same. What do you think, can I fix it without service? Thanks for answer)
1696334957611.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi! I downloaded maps, but skip one (only one!!!) file while copy to USB. After all I have on the screen - TOMTOM screen and "No maps available..." (see a screen below). The same like author. I've tried to reinstall Maps with all files - the same. What do you think, can I fix it without service? Thanks for answer)
View attachment 168522
You can't skip files, that's not how it works.
Choose what region you live in and grab all the files.
If you updated your maps with incorrect files you might try a factory reset, not really sure what else you can do.

23RAM

Reaction score
Download all 5 maps properly to your USB stick and try again, can't get any worse.

Emir86

Reaction score
You can't skip files, that's not how it works.
Choose what region you live in and grab all the files.
If you updated your maps with incorrect files you might try a factory reset, not really sure what else you can do.
Thanks for quick answer! I'm living in Germany now and tried to download Europe map. There are 8 files, one of them i passed(. After all I tried to reload all 8 files, but the same screen. Factory reset also didn't help.
My firmware FCA-MY23.T25.47-PROD, I'm thinking about update to 25.48, maybe it will solve a problem. But I know about issues with this firmware. I haven't 25.51, no OTA updates.
So...I don't know what to do..

66Fuelie

Reaction score
You are exactly where I was at when I started this post. Please keep us updated, once I got to that point nothing helped.
I really curious if you can recover from this screen.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread