5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my Magnaflow MF installed this morning. I drove it about 50 miles and I love it! It has a deep growl at low RPM and Idle but not to loud. Cruising on the interstate @ 1200-1500 it is almost silent but when it is under a light load going up a hill you can tell it isn’t stock. So far, I haven’t noticed any drone. To put it in a nut shell, it can be quite when you want it too, but a deep growl when you get on it. I also like that it has a nice even rumble/growl throughout all rpms with NO tin can/ rattling sounds.

Man NOW I'm excited to see this exhaust come in LOL

RenoRam

Reaction score
What muffler comes with the magnaflow cat back system. Thinking about just purchasing the muffler.
I dont remember measuring but I believe it is a 22". No model number was shown.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just drove 200 miles to the Oregon coast from Portland and back with my Rebel and its new Magnaflow Cat Back system. It s very quiet when highway cruising and only starts to rumble some when climbing hills that brings up rpms after downshifting. When eco and mds are switching 8cyl to 4 cyl ( or opposite} you hear a momentary odd sounding tone ( groan? ) out of exhaust but it isn't that noticeable unless you have no radio playing. We had 4 of us in truck visiting with radio off most of trip. Exhaust was almost totally silent during easy cruising. No drone at all. Then some aggressive throttle wakes up the rumble and the smiles are on at least the guys faces. I highly recommend the Magnaflow cat back system. Your right foot totally controls how loud the beast is! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    860.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    594.8 KB · Views: 41

RenoRam

Reaction score
I just drove 200 miles to the Oregon coast from Portland and back with my Rebel and its new Magnaflow Cat Back system. It s very quiet when highway cruising and only starts to rumble some when climbing hills that brings up rpms after downshifting. When eco and mds are switching 8cyl to 4 cyl ( or opposite} you hear a momentary odd sounding tone ( groan? ) out of exhaust but it isn't that noticeable unless you have no radio playing. We had 4 of us in truck visiting with radio off most of trip. Exhaust was almost totally silent during easy cruising. No drone at all. Then some aggressive throttle wakes up the rumble and the smiles are on at least the guys faces. I highly recommend the Magnaflow cat back system. Your right foot totally controls how loud the beast is! :D
Glad you are enjoying it just like I am. Nice description of the overall feel and sound.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my Magnaflow MF installed this morning. I drove it about 50 miles and I love it! It has a deep growl at low RPM and Idle but not to loud. Cruising on the interstate @ 1200-1500 it is almost silent but when it is under a light load going up a hill you can tell it isn’t stock. So far, I haven’t noticed any drone. To put it in a nut shell, it can be quite when you want it too, but a deep growl when you get on it. I also like that it has a nice even rumble/growl throughout all rpms with NO tin can/ rattling sounds.
I've had my magnaflow for little over a month now and Dkwatts1522's description is spot-on!

Reaction score
All the reports sound great. My order status just switched to "awaiting shipping" so hopefully it will be on its way soon. Looking forward to the install.

Javiando

Reaction score
Hello from California, have a quick question... I tried looking through everyone’s signatures and couldn’t tell if anyone has installed this on a crew cab with a 6’4” bed. Sounds like this Magnaflow is the way to go.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Hello from California, have a quick question... I tried looking through everyone’s signatures and couldn’t tell if anyone has installed this on a crew cab with a 6’4” bed. Sounds like this Magnaflow is the way to go.
There are a few who have that configuration with the Magnaflow. I have the CC and this is my 3rd Magnaflow and it just keeps sounding better and performing as I have come to expect. IMO, hard to go wrong with this system.

warmachine

Reaction score

I have it on a crew cab 6’4” and it fit with no issues

Javiando

Reaction score
Thank you guys, wish I had researched early enough to find those Black Friday deals! Oh well, I’ll have to make it up somewhere else. Order placed!

billyraff

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to figure out if the magnaflow system is a weight savings/gain vs the stock exhaust?

John

Reaction score
I think the 68 pound figure includes the shipping box and packing.

John

Longhorn

Reaction score
too bad magna flow is not a vendor on here or able to get a group buy on here.

John

Reaction score
Contact Gotexhaust.com or Hottexhaust.com and see is they will give you the 20% discount. Never hurts to try!!

John

josepy121380

Reaction score
Is this system really worth it vs just buying the muffler and swapping it and sealing the weep holes?

RenoRam

Reaction score
Is this system really worth it vs just buying the muffler and swapping it and sealing the weep holes?
That depends on what you are specifically looking for in sound and performance. Everyone's taste or need/want is different. For me, totally worth the investment as I was familiar with their quality and sound from previous vehicles.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got back from another 250 mile trip to beach in hemi Rebel with Magnaflow cat back system. Very quiet while cruising. Its been installed now for maybe 600-700 miles and it is a very acceptable system that has a great rumble at idle and powerful rich sound with any aggressive driving and yet very quiet when you drive easy like grandma. Anyone hesitant about getting it, go for it but get the full Magnaflow cat back in either polished or black tips. The long large diameter MF tips look better than stock, also. There is an intermittent odd little groan when eco / mds goes between 8 cyl and 4 cyl but hardly noticeable if radio on. Very happy! You could easily take a long highway trip with no complaints. (......except the family wanting to know "when will we get there?") :D IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3433.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread