5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Magnaflow is very smooth and louder than the videos make it out to be.
No drone, no MDS drone, no MDS change sound, no rasp; just a smooth V8. And at half throttle to WOT, you’re noticed for sure.

Magnaflow really did their homework with this catback. I’m thoroughly impressed.
I havent heard an aftermarket cat back thats got rid of the drone....Do you have a CAI installed as well?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I havent heard an aftermarket cat back thats got rid of the drone....Do you have a CAI installed as well?
Unless I don’t know what the drone is that y’all speak of, there is no noticeable difference when my truck is in eco mode with my magnaflow....

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the diameter of the muffler on the magnaflow catback system? For example my muffler is 24" for a mellow sound

Anyone know who installed it? Thinking of doing the whole catback and not just the muffler.
Does anyone have the part # for just the muffler?

768mph

Reaction score
Unless I don’t know what the drone is that y’all speak of, there is no noticeable difference when my truck is in eco mode with my magnaflow....

No CAI yet. Only a AEM drop in with carbon trap removed.

Looking to get the S&B CAI next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

768mph

Reaction score
Yeah I had to take mine to an exhaust shop and get them to do some heating and bending and welding. Only cost me 50 and it’s perfect now

I had to do the same. I finally caved after having to adjust the pipes over again. The bad thing about stainless is it likes to move when heated up.
Set it and find a shop to tac weld it.

louz

Reaction score
Mine is the same. I don't know what this "drone" thing is either

Tarheel Ram

Reaction score
I have noticed the "drone" and something that sounds like a popping noise when my engine switches back and forth from MDS. It is definitely not something that bothers me but it more noticeable with the Magnaflow cat back system vs the stock exhaust.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust today..

Question... Does it get lower after some breakin miles?

It's pretty deep at low rpm and it may be a little to loud for me, hopefully over time it will be a little lower.

Also anyone installing these with their bed step, there is a tiny bit of interference when deploying it.

Reaction score
I have had mine on for about 2500 miles. I have not noticed it quieting down at all. I too would like it a bit quieter on the low end. Nice when you get on it, and zero drone at highway speeds. I do notice it when it drops the cylinders to eco mode and generally lock that out with the manual shifting approach.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's pretty deep at low rpm and it may be a little to loud for me, hopefully over time it will be a little lower.

Also anyone installing these with their bed step, there is a tiny bit of interference when deploying it.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What kind of issue with the bed step? Im going to be installing my Magnaflow on Tuesday and I have the bed step from the factory. Did you have to make a modification?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
What kind of issue with the bed step? Im going to be installing my Magnaflow on Tuesday and I have the bed step from the factory. Did you have to make a modification?

No modification needed but when the bed step deploys it gently touches the outlet of the exhaust about 6-8 inches back. I tried many adjustments and no matter what I did it still touched it.

I just got back from a long drive and I will be uninstalling my Magnaflow tomorrow. It's just to loud for me, I though maybe it would be lower from what everyone has said.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No modification needed but when the bed step deploys it gently touches the outlet of the exhaust about 6-8 inches back. I tried many adjustments and no matter what I did it still touched it.

I just got back from a long drive and I will be uninstalling my Magnaflow tomorrow. It's just to loud for me, I though maybe it would be lower from what everyone has said.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear its too loud for you....So this clearance issue doesn't sound like a big deal then I guess?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was for me if I was going to keep it on.
Hmmmm..I guess Ill call Magnaflow on Monday to see what they say. I probably wont be deploying the step all that much and it its a gentle touch maybe I can live with it

mike12193

Reaction score
Anyone that has installed the magnaflo cat-back system any install tips? I just ordered the 19430.
Thanks Mike

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone that has installed the magnaflo cat-back system any install tips? I just ordered the 19430.
Thanks Mike

Now Im worried about the bed step...a member is saying that it touches the exhaust when you deploy it...I ordered the 19430 as well

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Hmmmm..I guess Ill call Magnaflow on Monday to see what they say. I probably wont be deploying the step all that much and it its a gentle touch maybe I can live with it

I meant to say.. The gentle touching wouldn't be an issue for me if I was keeping them on...

Users who are viewing this thread