5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure hope the magnaflow works for you man cause I can’t imagine you getting another exhaust. You should’ve started a YouTube exhaust review page...
If Porboy installed all of them at the same time it would look like a rolling pipe organ........ lmao :censored: Isn't this system #5 ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This will be #3 and I currently have a set of Carven polished tips on now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This will be #3 and I currently have a set of Carven polished tips on now.

I thought it was 1) original stock (thrown away) 2) Borla S 3) Borla Touring 4) brand new stock OEM from Mopar 5) Magnaflow (sitting in garage) Hint: This time don't throw stock system away....save for a rainy day. Sorry, can't stop giving you a bad time. My wife would have found a deep hole to dump body if I did that. :p

PorBoy

Reaction score
My problem is I spend money on these vehicles and never hold on to the OEM stuff. Then I end up buying oem to replace what I should have kept.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My problem is I spend money on these vehicles and never hold on to the OEM stuff. Then I end up buying oem to replace what I should have kept.

I honestly believe magnaflow will be the ticket.
As a system it's very mellow. If anyone wants to complain on THIS one, they're complaining for complaining's sake.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I honestly believe magnaflow will be the ticket.
As a system it's very mellow. If anyone wants to complain on THIS one, they're complaining for complaining's sake.
I am very pleased with Magnaflow cat back on my Rebel. Can have head turning aggressive rumble or be quiet as a church mouse, all controlled by the right foot and rpm range.

RenoRam

Reaction score
I am very pleased with Magnaflow cat back on my Rebel. Can have head turning aggressive rumble or be quiet as a church mouse, all controlled by the right foot and rpm range.
Well said!

mhb1638

Reaction score
Add me as another happy Magnaflow customer. I had the catback system installed today by my local shop ($150) and it sounds awesome. It's exactly what I was hoping for. Louder than stock, but not too loud. I took it for a bit of a drive on the freeway and it sounds good, to me, at all RPM levels. Cruising I don't hear any drone. My shop did have issues getting the tips aligned. They are pretty close, but off just a hair. It's not enough to bother me.

BTW-I bought this used from mhb1638 and the transaction was very smooth. Thank you for being a great seller.
Thanks bud I'm glad you enjoy... Kinda miss it now lol

Tarheel Ram

Reaction score
I just installed Magnaflow cat back on my 2019 Ram 1500 and really like it. I too like many was concerned that it would be too loud as I wanted something a little louder than stock but not "ragged" sounding. Installation was a challenge since I did it on my shop floor with no lift and by myself. Hardest part of the job was removing and reinstalling the rubber exhaust hangers with only a screwdriver. Definitely get the correct removal tool if you are planning to do this and use lots of spray lubricant on the rubber hangers. Alignment was good but it would be much better if the exhaust tips could be adjusted separately to align with bumper. I tried all of the alignment tips that others had used and finally had to install hose pipe clams to limit the movement of the rear exhaust hanger. Now both tips are almost perfectly aligned with the bumper cutouts. Definitely would recommend the system and would love to hear a sound comparison between the B2 muffler only kit as it would be much easier and quicker to install. This system was a little louder than I expected but I am glad that I installed this one as I may have been disappointed with less sound.

PorBoy

Reaction score
So based upon what you are saying, you feel the B2 version would be a better fitment ?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed Magnaflow cat back on my 2019 Ram 1500 and really like it. I too like many was concerned that it would be too loud as I wanted something a little louder than stock but not "ragged" sounding. Installation was a challenge since I did it on my shop floor with no lift and by myself. Hardest part of the job was removing and reinstalling the rubber exhaust hangers with only a screwdriver. Definitely get the correct removal tool if you are planning to do this and use lots of spray lubricant on the rubber hangers. Alignment was good but it would be much better if the exhaust tips could be adjusted separately to align with bumper. I tried all of the alignment tips that others had used and finally had to install hose pipe clams to limit the movement of the rear exhaust hanger. Now both tips are almost perfectly aligned with the bumper cutouts. Definitely would recommend the system and would love to hear a sound comparison between the B2 muffler only kit as it would be much easier and quicker to install. This system was a little louder than I expected but I am glad that I installed this one as I may have been disappointed with less sound.
Put all the windows down at 10 mph and stomp on it up to 80 mph or so and you will be grinning ear to ear, I guaran'dam'ty it! ......lol.....:ROFLMAO:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put all the windows down at 10 mph and stomp on it up to 80 mph or so and you will be grinning ear to ear, I guaran'dam'ty it! ......lol.....:ROFLMAO:

I was really surprised at how mellow the sound was. But if you open up some windows and really get on it?
The sound does show up!

RueferChi

Reaction score
Just installed mine. Wasn’t too painful. The cold weather in Chicago made the rubber isolators a little tricky to get off. A little time with the heat gun limbered them up enough for my exhaust pliers to work. Sound is perfect. Little bit deeper than my old SRT Grand Cherokee. No drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambro23

Reaction score
Just had my 19430 (matte black tips) installed by a muffler shop yesterday and it sounds GREAT! Ten minutes down the road and I already received a thumbs up from a complete stranger... that's how you know this system is legit!!! Anyhow, the install itself was a bit challenging in regard to the alignment as the shop spent a lot of time tweaking the driver's side tip and ultimately tach welded a hanger to keep it in place. Seems like a lot of folks are having alignment issues which is why i chose to just pay the $125 install fee since i'd likely have to bring the truck in anyways to get it aligned correctly.

Overall, glad I went with MF but really wish they made the cat-back system a bit more precise.

Tarheel Ram

Reaction score
I agree that Magnaflow has missed the alignment on most of the installs that I have read about. If they are unable to make each kit fit perfectly they should make the tips adjustable like the OEM exhaust system is. It has to be perfect to look correct in the bumper cutouts. I'm sure that there is enough difference from truck to truck that an exact fit is almost impossible without being able to adjust the tips separately. I do love the sound though!! I had to use 2 small radiator hose clamps on the rear hanger to restrict movement enough to line up.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the diameter of the muffler on the magnaflow catback system? For example my muffler is 24" for a mellow sound

Anyone know who installed it? Thinking of doing the whole catback and not just the muffler.

Rambro23

Reaction score
What is the diameter of the muffler on the magnaflow catback system? For example my muffler is 24" for a mellow sound

Anyone know who installed it? Thinking of doing the whole catback and not just the muffler.

22"

Attachments

• MF 19430.PNG
    MF 19430.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread