5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

chad202

Reaction score
Looks like yours is pretty close. I wanted to see the rear of both sides. The passenger side when I did mine was 1/2" higher than the driver. It may have been like that before I put the springs but didn't measure before.

Firebird

Reaction score
Looks like yours is pretty close. I wanted to see the rear of both sides. The passenger side when I did mine was 1/2" higher than the driver. It may have been like that before I put the springs but didn't measure before.

I'm pretty pleased, seems to be pretty level on both sides. At $148.00, this is really a great bang for the buck!

Senior Chief

Reaction score
Great info, just wondering if anyone does any towing after installing the lowering springs and found the truck squatted and if helper bags helped.

bribout

Reaction score
Depending on how heavy you haul the truck may squat. If the squat is extreme it can put unneeded stress on a drive line.
I put a set of airbags on my truck for less than a hundred bucks to counteract this problem in case I end up towing.
Which set of airbags did you go with?

Firebird

Reaction score
Hauled 30 bags of mulch on a pallet this weekend. She squatted a bit with the 2" drop springs, but rode great and had no problem at all driving around.

Looks good! I would barely qualify that as a squat.

Cross88

Reaction score
I’m going to do this same rear drop kit to my crew cab 2wd black Laramie sport. I have the 22s but I’ll be getting some 20x10 -24 with 305/50 when I install the kit. I’ll make a build thread when I do and try to remember to take before and after measurements and pictures.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Great job.
I may be in the minority, but I don't mind having the rake in 4WD trucks ;)

drstein

Reaction score
Those wheels, with the running boards were the first thing that really grabbed my attention...........................so I bought one !

Users who are viewing this thread