Lowered the rear 2" last night.

Firebird

Reaction score
Now that you have had the springs for a little while, how do you like the ride/handling? I still want to do this, but I just stepped up to a set of factory 22's, and with the 45 series tires, it rides just a touch firmer, but not much. I don't want the lowering springs to make it even firmer still. Thanks.

chad202

Reaction score
Now that you have had the springs for a little while, how do you like the ride/handling? I still want to do this, but I just stepped up to a set of factory 22's, and with the 45 series tires, it rides just a touch firmer, but not much. I don't want the lowering springs to make it even firmer still. Thanks.
I did rims and tires when I lowered it. I noticed the different tire feeling but nothing as far as spring. It handles better in turns and pulls my boat great.

Raydar

Reaction score
Okay... this has quickly become my favorite thread. I just bought a Big Horn 4x4 crew with the sport appearance package, and was amazed at how high it sits. I'm happy that it's not considered "heresy" to lower one. (I really halfway expected that.) I also don't really need a ton of ground clearance. Just need the 4x4, so I don't get stuck around the farm.
You folks have done amazing jobs with your trucks. Kudos all around. And yeah... I have another lowered car, too.RFTH21.jpg

Raydar

Reaction score
ok I just measured my truck.
36" even on the front and 36 1/4" in the rear. So it's pretty close to being level.
Bill
I went out and measured mine. 36.5 and 38.5.
Perfect.
Just ordered the 272920 springs and the air bags.

I'm blaming you. :D

All kidding aside, thanks for all the info.

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
Okay... this has quickly become my favorite thread. I just bought a Big Horn 4x4 crew with the sport appearance package, and was amazed at how high it sits. I'm happy that it's not considered "heresy" to lower one. (I really halfway expected that.) I also don't really need a ton of ground clearance. Just need the 4x4, so I don't get stuck around the farm.
You folks have done amazing jobs with your trucks. Kudos all around. And yeah... I have another lowered car, too.View attachment 27836
You have to love it.. I had a 87 Fiero GT back in the day.. Had a lot of fun in it. Then went to 91 MR2 turbo and really enjoyed that as well.
Bill

BroChacho

Reaction score
Awesome looking truck bro. Did you change the shocks also or are they the stock ones still?

This is mine and I’m need of a level kit and seeing yours makes me want to place the order on those springs.
B8B946B9-B170-40AD-B585-CF49177D3CC8.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)