5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Rear lowering 2" and/or hellwig sway bar.
Very important!!!
Does anyone have these products on trucks with rear parking aid and the autobrake or auto stop safety feature?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I have the rear springs and the rear parking aid, no issues at all. Been on the truck now for about 8000 miles.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
For those of you that have had to cut these to achieve the physical 2”, how much does say trimming 1/2 coil and 1 full coil net in drop?

I need to cut mine as I only got about 1/2” of drop.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
For those of you that have had to cut these to achieve the physical 2”, how much does say trimming 1/2 coil and 1 full coil net in drop?

You only got 1/2" drop from the 2" drop coils? While they will settle a bit after install there is definitely something wrong there. Did you install them upside down? :D

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I

I cut 1 full coil off of mine and my truck sets perfectly level. Been on for 5,000 miles now.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I

I cut 1 full coil off of mine and my truck sets perfectly level. Been on for 5,000 miles now.

What did it sit at before the coil was cut? I'm trying to get a 3" drop from the 2" coil and have been trying to figure out how much to cut based on that.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
You only got 1/2" drop from the 2" drop coils? While they will settle a bit after install there is definitely something wrong there. Did you install them upside down? :D
They are installed correctly and the isolators are in there correctly as well. I measure just under 36” from ground to fender in the front, 37.5” on drivers rear, and 38” on passenger rear AFTER the spring install and helper bags at their 5psi. I purchased the helper bags they recommended for 2” rear drop.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
They are installed correctly and the isolators are in there correctly as well. I measure just under 36” from ground to fender in the front, 37.5” on drivers rear, and 38” on passenger rear AFTER the spring install and helper bags at their 5psi. I purchased the helper bags they recommended for 2” rear drop.

What are your measurements with bags at 0psi of air? That's how my local shop recommended me running my helper bags until it was time to actually use them.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
What are your measurements with bags at 0psi of air? That's how my local shop recommended me running my helper bags until it was time to actually use them.
According to the instructions with the Airlift 1000 helper bags they say run them with a minimum of 5psi to keep them seated against the springs and to prevent any chance of them getting damaged. I did not measure with them empty but did measure them with 20psi and really saw no significant changes in ride height.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I finally got sway bar links that are 2 inches shorter to complete the upgrade. The sway bar hung down too far for my liking after the drop. The links are from Core 4x4 and are a massive improvement over stock. They came with new hardware, which was good and bad. The top bolts for the OEM link threads into a nut that is welded to the frame. The upgraded links use a larger diameter bolt and will not thread into the welded nut and there would be way too much play to use the original bolt. With my limited tool set I threw caution to the wind and drilled through the welded nut to match the diameter of the new bolt

Sway2.jpg

Attachments

• Sway1.jpg
    Sway1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 43

chithead

Reaction score
That's good info to know ^^^ keep debating on what list of products it would take to do a proper drop all the way around. The 2" rear springs are almost perfect, really wish they were about an inch more, and there was a way to do a proper 1" drop in front as well.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
That's good info to know ^^^ keep debating on what list of products it would take to do a proper drop all the way around. The 2" rear springs are almost perfect, really wish they were about an inch more, and there was a way to do a proper 1" drop in front as well.

I'm doing it the best that is available with the resources we have. I'm doing a 2/3 drop. Core4x4 shortened links, adjustable trac bar, 2" rear springs, front adjustable lowering struts, qa1 rear shocks.

While I would love some drop control arms I can live with a little off camber running the 2" drop struts on my 4x4. I don't think you'd want to go more than that on a 4x4 as I could see issues arising, but 2 should be fine. The air suspension guys have been fooling the air suspension into raising lower the truck a couple inches for a while now with no noticeable issues.

Adrian2004

Reaction score
i just did my 2" rear drop and my driver side is at 37 and passenger side at 37.5. yes i double checked everything. the truck was 39" before. they've settle in 4 days now. So is that normal.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just did my 2" rear drop and my driver side is at 37 and passenger side at 37.5. yes i double checked everything. the truck was 39" before. they've settle in 4 days now. So is that normal.
Yes. Every ram truck including stock ones are lower on the driver side due to the gas tank, battery, steering column etc.

Users who are viewing this thread