5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
If that's true why does IHC only offer a lowering kit for the 4x2? Really looking to lower my 4x4. The maxtrac has some poor reviews; looking for a high quality setup.

I don't think you will find a "high quality/name brand" kit yet. I have searched for Belltech, Ground Force and the other name brands. Nothing out there for the new style Ram. You can find several for the Classic Ram but not the new style.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Depending on how heavy you haul the truck may squat. If the squat is extreme it can put unneeded stress on a drive line.
I put a set of airbags on my truck for less than a hundred bucks to counteract this problem in case I end up towing.

Which helper bags did you go with?

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of springs and helper air bags as I do tow a 7,500lbs camper. Looking forward to getting receiving them and the install.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Air lift 60824 for lowered Rams. If you look it up it lists for a Durango, but it does work great for a lowered Ram.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
I use these airbags on my truck when it was level with a 2-inch and when I lowered it on down with a 6in.
Well maybe I should have went with those. I plan to do a 2/4 drop down the road once we get into a house. Right now my toolbox is in a storage unit barricaded in so in limited on tools and space.

dblack

Reaction score
Anyone using Timber Grove Bags with these lowering springs?

I have the springs in the garage ready to go on, but tow a travel trailer a few times per year and would like to use those bags. I have seen a couple of posts stating that on a stick truck and minimal PSI there is a slight height increase.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I ended up going with the bags that the accessories partners website recommends with the drop springs. For those on the fence about ride quality, I literally can't feel a difference. I'm anal about ride quality and was fully prepared to go back to the stock springs if I wasn't 100% satisfied.

Attachments

• 2020 Ram.jpeg
    2020 Ram.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 146

Kimkeys99

Reaction score
Will these lowering coils work on a 20 Limited with the air suspension?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
You need it for a 4" drop. My axle was shifted almost 1/2" on my truck with the 2/4 kit.

1/2" left/right or 1/2" forward/back? The axle is moving on both planes when lowering/lifting; I'm just curious which one is affected more.

Users who are viewing this thread