5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low volume from door speaker locations

rushingad

Reaction score
Need some audio advice. I have a 2020 Bighorn 1500 with the Alpine system and the 6x9s in the door panels seem to have barely any sound coming from them. At max volume I can hold my ear directly against the speaker and not really hear much. I'm honestly concerned that there's a problem with my amplifier given how quiet they are. I would like to have more highs in the doors so what I'm wondering is if I were to put some 2-way 6x9 in, would the tweeters mounted on them actually work? Or, are those factory speaker locations run through crossovers, blocking the high frequencies from them.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Need some audio advice. I have a 2020 Bighorn 1500 with the Alpine system and the 6x9s in the door panels seem to have barely any sound coming from them. At max volume I can hold my ear directly against the speaker and not really hear much. I'm honestly concerned that there's a problem with my amplifier given how quiet they are. I would like to have more highs in the doors so what I'm wondering is if I were to put some 2-way 6x9 in, would the tweeters mounted on them actually work? Or, are those factory speaker locations run through crossovers, blocking the high frequencies from them.
Turn up your bass and you will hear more. Front doors are lows only. Dash are highs.

Last edited:

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
check your sound placement in your audio settings. it might be towards the back so your not getting much from the front. try centering or moving it forward if this is the case. (seen this happen to someone before)

Users who are viewing this thread