5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
question whats the difference in your ram bar low and high rise ? and whats the angle they are pitched in i may use that also 🫶🫣

Pitched in at the same angle as the grill to match the "brow" on the rebels. Ill get you some drawings to see if it will work with your set-up.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Does this front bumper come with fog lights that just wire up to the OEM wiring?
yup you bet. If you select the DOT SAE 525 kit (highlighted below) it comes with 2 new fog lights and a special wiring harness adapter that plugs directly into the OEM Harness, and the back of the upgraded LED Fog Lights. This keeps everything functioning just like factory, but with better light output!

1661361598698.png

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
FINALLY… An alternative to the overpriced ADD bumper (basically only) option for the Rebel. Love this way this looks man… Very clean and simple and not gaudy/stupid overdone for the mall crawler market. I was literally about to buy one just now as the listed price looked great…

But…

Then I saw options drop downs and tho I know light bars, winches, winch mount versions, any extra lighting etc is always an add on I was sad to see I had to add on the skid plate and bull/prerunner bar your website pics show. Putting the price ever closer to ADD bumper. The full stop came when I saw it comes raw steel. So add time/$$ for powder coating as well.

Quality looks great tho, and customization options are a good thing no doubt. If you would have included powder coating , at roughly $1550 for bumper, small bar and skid plate I’d have pulled the trigger

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FINALLY… An alternative to the overpriced ADD bumper (basically only) option for the Rebel. Love this way this looks man… Very clean and simple and not gaudy/stupid overdone for the mall crawler market. I was literally about to buy one just now as the listed price looked great…

But…

Then I saw options drop downs and tho I know light bars, winches, winch mount versions, any extra lighting etc is always an add on I was sad to see I had to add on the skid plate and bull/prerunner bar your website pics show. Putting the price ever closer to ADD bumper. The full stop came when I saw it comes raw steel. So add time/$$ for powder coating as well.

Quality looks great tho, and customization options are a good thing no doubt. If you would have included powder coating , at roughly $1550 for bumper, small bar and skid plate I’d have pulled the trigger
I do agree that if Vice can swing it, a powdercoating and/or cerakote option would be great (at an additional fee, of course). Around here, powdercoaters are notoriously unreliable.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For those asking for a more straight on photo....

1K8A0366.jpg
I know its a TRX, but its almost the exact same profile front end . Will try and wrangle up some more photos once these start getting installed. Thanks for the orders thus far :)

Last edited:

dtlrshp

Reaction score
Your truck looks great! Yup we offer that separately! here's the link -> RAM 1500 & Rebel Skid Plate | 5th Gen
lead time is about 2 weeks at the moment

Is the front skid (the one attached to the bumper) also for sale separately, and would it fit a non-rebel DT OEM bumper with or without minor modifications to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the front skid (the one attached to the bumper) also for sale separately, and would it fit a non-rebel DT OEM bumper with or without minor modifications to fit?

so they have a skid plate and another plate that replaces oem plate i got both. and waiting for it to arrive… when i recieve i can send you pics. i am also gonna modify it to fit my truck

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

But…

Thanks for the feedback, glad you really like the design!

After reading this, I had to have a look at what the ADD equivalent goes for. The stealth fighter winch bumper is currently 2780 USD. it includes a winch mount and the skid plate is part of the bumper.

To first compare price - This bumper sells, in the same configuration, for $1567 without powder coat. So with a standard black powder coat you're still about $1000 usd less, which I'd say is pretty substantial for a non mass produced, high quality hand made product. The cost of steel is 2-3x what it was a couple years ago, and I'm trying to give the best pricing we can.

A discussion on design differences, I'd say these are the advantages of the Mod V2

- Removable skid plate: If you have to access the front of your engine, intercooler, winch etc at any time, you can easily remove this skid plate, with the alternative you'd have to completely remove the bumper.
- No Drilling or Cutting to Install: The design is 100% bolt on. Even the wiring harnesses we put together offer OEM factory integration. We supply new sensor inserts the clip into your bumper like factory. The alternative requires you to carve the plastic sensors from your factory bumper, and glue them into your replacement. Where we live on the north-west coast, plastic glue'd to steel wont hold
- Modularity: because not everyone needs all the upgrades, this allows you to get into a high quality bumper without a big 1 time cost. It also allows you to change the look if your taste or offroading goals change.
- Compatibility: Ours is compatible with all engine models including the Ecodiesel. The alternative only works with the 5.7 hemi.

Powdercoating:
We have all our popular hidden winch mounts powdercoated by a local company. I haven't ruled it out for offering it. My decision behind offering a bare steel base for you to build off is the following:
1. Shipping damages. The volume of shipments travelling around the world is at its peak, and because this we're noticing more packages are being mishandled and damaged. For our hidden winch mounts, if theres a small blemish in the coating its less of a deal, its tucked up in behind the bumper, more protected, and also easily touched up to avoid any further damage. For an exterior piece its a big deal. I want your truck to look as fantastic as possible, and doing this process locally will generally help that.

2. Creativity. Endless colour options. Half of us don't buy a bumper for just more protection, some do it to be unique. We all want to have our trucks look way more badass than the neighbor who now has the same truck as you. You cant go wrong with black, but you can really play around with color combinations to set your truck apart with this style of bumper.

3. Potential cost savings. Maybe you have or know a guy who does this stuff.

With that said. If you don't have a reputable option for coating a bumper locally, I will help you out whatever way I can on my end

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

It is offered separately but I don't think it would work with a factory bumper. I think we could come up with something if you removed the air dam. Ill add it to the "potential product" list.

so they have a skid plate and another plate that replaces oem plate i got both. and waiting for it to arrive… when i recieve i can send you pics. i am also gonna modify it to fit my truck

Both are being welded up right now! They'll ship out this week.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is offered separately but I don't think it would work with a factory bumper. I think we could come up with something if you removed the air dam. Ill add it to the "potential product" list.

you the man 🫶 cant wait lol honestly excited i looked for so long 😂

dtlrshp

Reaction score

I’ve already removed my air dams, looking under there it seems there are numerous places to mount to as long as the pitch is right. My thoughts were to aligns. Few points and install rivnuts.

Is there a price to purchase kind of like the other person you quoted that for both?

JDHarris

Reaction score
I’d love to see something like this in aluminum. I’m interested in an aftermarket bumper, but I don’t want to add the weight of a full steel one.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I’d love to see something like this in aluminum. I’m interested in an aftermarket bumper, but I don’t want to add the weight of a full steel one.
Wouldn't aluminum just tear apart on the first impact?

JDHarris

Reaction score
Wouldn't aluminum just tear apart on the first impact?
Not generally. It won’t take as much abuse as steel would. That said, I’m not rock crawling my truck and slamming the full weight of the truck on rocks repeatedly. For me, it’s more about protecting from incidental stuff on the trail. The occasional rock scrape/slide, rubbing a tree, nudging into obstacles, sliding on the ground when going through steep transitions, etc. The stock bumper is pretty flimsy and the faux skid plate is near useless. I’m looking for the middle ground compromise that gives me moderate protection and increases approach/departure angle without adding a bunch of weight. I don’t have the GVW to spare unnecessarily.

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
Man oh man, I wish I’d known this was coming out before I ordered an expedition one bumper almost a year ago. Love the design, modularity, and most importantly, that instructions and even a video is available prior to putting it up for sale. Posted my sob story in another thread, but seriously, very well done!

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i recieved my items and let me tell you everything is great … now currently making it all fit since i didnt get the bumper so far i got most of it on 🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online