5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've been asked for a while about one and after a long time in development I'm super happy we're ready to release this one. Designed specifically for the 5th Gen Ram Rebel.

20220721_202151-1.jpg

The goal was to create a replacement bumper that complemented the rebels body and grill lines, didn't add too much weight, offered more ground clearance, but still offered ample protection. I wanted to have upgraded fog lamps that output more clean and usable light, but functioned like factory. Also we had to make it fit nicely with the Eco-diesel engine option!

20220721_202143-1.jpg

The MOD v2 bumper has an optional skid plate that ties right back into lower control arm crossmember, and a couple grill protection bars as well. For more details on all of these accessories you can read about it here:
-> MOD V2 Front Bumper | 5th Gen | 2019 - 2022 RAM Rebel

20220721_202043-1.jpg

In the picture above you can also see the VICE Front Diffential & Steering Skidplate which is compatible with out bumper skidplate, for that truly seamless transition and protection.

Just like we do for all our proven Hidden Winch Mounting kits , we put together a thorough video on the bumper and how strait forward it is to install. Here's the video for that.

As a thank you for those who have waited, we have a PRESALE promo on. Order this bumper by Aug 31st 2022 and receive our new Rear Recovery Hook Mounting Kit for Free

Hope you guys like it. Lots more in the works for these Rebels.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good. Does the Front Diff skidplate work with non-Rebels and stock bumpers? Specifically, a Longhorn with factory skid plates?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the weight on this, and how did it effect the height of the bilsteins- did you have to go one setting higher on pre-load to match height with stock bumper? (Assuming no winch)

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good. Does the Front Diff skidplate work with non-Rebels and stock bumpers? Specifically, a Longhorn with factory skid plates?
Thanks! Yup I tested it out on a 2021 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel (which didn't even have a skid plate there from factory 🤯 ) and it fit perfect.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the weight on this, and how did it effect the height of the bilsteins- did you have to go one setting higher on pre-load to match height with stock bumper? (Assuming no winch)
The bumper weighs 106 lbs in its base form, and 127 with the winch mount. My #1 recommended winch is the Warn VR EVO because it's light and powerful, and weighs in at 63lbs.

And yup one click higher on pre-load to maintain ride height.

Scoobyj

Reaction score
Very nice! Can you tell us how much farther this bumper sticks out compared to stock. Some of us can barely fit this truck into our garages as is.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice! Can you tell us how much farther this bumper sticks out compared to stock. Some of us can barely fit this truck into our garages as is.
The bumper actually sticks out the same as stock. The tow hooks stick out a bit further than the bumper so maybe 1.5" . Sometimes you just have to make the garage fit the truck instead of the truck fitting the garage ;)

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I gotta say, that's really slick. I already have the hidden winch from you guys. Would this bolt on over that or am I starting over if I go this route?

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate it! Working on a similar design for the 1500 as well as the TRX. Both of those will be ready early Fall

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well **** i already have a bumper … anyway you guys would selll the skid plate seperate ? with the piece that replaces the oem front skid plate ?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta say, if I didn't already have an aftermarket bumper, I would go for this one! I really like the Ram-Bar

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
question whats the difference in your ram bar low and high rise ? and whats the angle they are pitched in i may use that also 🫶🫣

Gadgetech

Reaction score
question whats the difference in your ram bar low and high rise ? and whats the angle they are pitched in i may use that also 🫶🫣
I had the same question about height! Their website says 3.25“ between top of bumper and the tubing but for the high bar, it says “plenty of clearance for your Baja style round lights” which is what, 8”?! We need the details. 😬

@VICE design - I‘d also like to know how much further this bumper sticks out vs stock? Or how far does it stick our from the grill?

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I had the same question about height! Their website says 3.25“ between top of bumper and the tubing but for the high bar, it says “plenty of clearance for your Baja style round lights” which is what, 8”?! We need the details. 😬

@VICE design - I‘d also like to know how much further this bumper sticks out vs stock? Or how far does it stick our from the grill?

The Hi Rise bumper I've designed has 7.5" between the bumper top and the bottom of the RAMBar (pushbar, bullbar etc) This was to allow a 6" light ,like the LP6 or similiar. Does that work for you guys?

Here's the bumper stickout measurements you requested. This is measured from the recessed part of the grill at bumper height, at vehicle centerline

1661284039770.png

Users who are viewing this thread