5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Looking for suggestions for performance chip, intake and exhaust

Bluebaloo

Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Longhorn. I'm interested in getting these performance parts to increase hp, diminish lag on throttle, improve engine efficiency and even better if it improves mpg. I've head of a few brands for the intake and exhaust but I'm still shooting in the dark and I don't want to miss. Also, considering a chip or maybe throttle switch like the JMS Pedal Max or maybe something better.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Alan

Darksteel165

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Longhorn. I'm interested in getting these performance parts to increase hp, diminish lag on throttle, improve engine efficiency and even better if it improves mpg. I've head of a few brands for the intake and exhaust but I'm still shooting in the dark and I don't want to miss. Also, considering a chip or maybe throttle switch like the JMS Pedal Max or maybe something better.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Alan
I love Borla exhausts.

I have seen good things about Sprint Booster (like JMS Pedal Max)

There is also the Pulsar unit, which I think can work like the Sprint Booster\Pedal Max and can give you some partial tunes (since it doesn't actually tune anything).

For Intakes I don't know if you can go wrong with any really
Mopar Ram Air 77072428AC
Vararam VR-Grabber-5th (cheaper)

On a side note about engine efficiency on my 22 I noticed there was a second filter build into the top of the air intake box, rip it out and enjoy better mpg, I wasn't even able to blow air through the filter touching my lips with my fingers on the other side. It's just 6ish screws to open it up. It's above the regular air filter. Not sure if all 22s have it or not.

I'm sure other people have stuff to add. I generally don't go past air intakes, exhausts, and tunes on my vehicles. I have yet to choose an air intake for my ram yet.

HemiDude

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the Pulsar. Adds a mild tune that eliminates throttle lag, gives you better response off the line, better shifting, and offers more adjustability for performance or economy, whichever you desire. Intake and exhaust will give you more driving enjoyment (and more is better!), though actual horsepower increase won't be realized without true $$.

tob1y2k7

Reaction score
I put S&B intake and Borla S-Type exhaust and it sounds awesome! on a 2022 Laramie with Etorqe.
I can not tell if it increase the mpg but definitely decreased for me, can't get my foot off the peddle it sounds so good lol
I'm looking for a tune as well but haven't seen anything I like....

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You won't see much if any performance improvement with an intake/exhaust upgrade on these trucks. The factory systems are not very restrictive. But you will notice a sound difference with both, and like @tob1y2k7 said, your mileage will likely suffer from having them LOL. I have the Mopar Ram Air intake and I love it. Probably does very little to improve performance, but I like how it looks every time I open my hood. And I wanted to free up engine bay space for other purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread