5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with sport hood?

mxracer32

Reaction score
I see on the ram site when i build a truck you can get the body color bumpers on the limited, but i see no option for the sport hood. Do they not offer this on the limited? Or am i just missing it?

mxracer32

Reaction score
S=standar, p=possible? So if someone is dead set on that hood their option is to deck out a Laramie to basically limited trim? I want that hood.....but also the limited’s headlights. Crud.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the hood through Mopar and add it after the fact is your best bet.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Buy the hood through Mopar and add it after the fact is your best bet.

Whilr its an option we shouldnt have to do this. The sport appearance package shiuld be the sport appearance pkg. It shouldnt vary with its contents depending on which trim you select. All my opinion obviously. But just seems silly.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilr its an option we shouldnt have to do this. The sport appearance package shiuld be the sport appearance pkg. It shouldnt vary with its contents depending on which trim you select. All my opinion obviously. But just seems silly.

I'd like to see them do another Tungsten edition Limited like they did with the 2018s. As of now there is no sport package for the Limited which is exactly what I want as well.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to see them do another Tungsten edition Limited like they did with the 2018s. As of now there is no sport package for the Limited which is exactly what I want as well.

Go this route :) But Yes I agree it should be an option. This hood looks MEAN!

2018-12-03 07.02.25.jpg

16RamHemi

Reaction score
So I have to ask how you went about getting the sport hood for your limited? What size/type tire? What percent window tint? Truck looks sharpe!!

Im in the same boat. Going with bighorn sport and want to add the sport hood since FCA thinks the sport hood does not go with the sport appearance pkg for a bighorn. I have not talked to a dealer about this but a google search shows BMC Extreme customs as having this hood. Says its a mopar hood. In list price doesnt comment on painting cost. But says $542 plus shipping. Just looked again. This is for the rebel hood. Not sure if they are the same or not.

Lettika

Reaction score
S=standar, p=possible? So if someone is dead set on that hood their option is to deck out a Laramie to basically limited trim? I want that hood.....but also the limited’s headlights. Crud.
Thats what I did. Very happy with the outcome.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have to ask how you went about getting the sport hood for your limited? What size/type tire? What percent window tint? Truck looks sharpe!!

I have a friend who owns a collision center/body shop and we do a little trading on services. I ordered the hood, fasteners, plastic inserts from him and he painted. Something to note is, rarely does a shop panel paint a hood only without blending the fenders. There can be color variations based on metal flake, surface plane differences, paint manufacturer etc. I chose NOT to blend my fenders but understand there could at certain lighting or angles show just a slight variation. The factory actually records your VIN along with paint variances throughout the assembly year and records them for body shops. A paint code is no longer sufficient.

I think my window tint is 20% and my tires are Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/55r22
Here are the parts

Order Content

Part Number

Make

Part Name

List

Price

Quantity

Total

68276297AA

Mopar

Hood

$445.00

$291.03

$291.03​

68402889AB

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$136.00

$90.13

$90.13​

68292860AC

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$28.00

$19.32

$19.32​

68292861AC

Mopar

Bezel-Hood

$28.00

$19.32

$19.32​

68310029AB

Mopar

Silencer-Hood

$95.20

$63.38

$63.38​

4878883AA

Mopar

Insulator Retainer

$3.35

$2.90

$40.60​

Subtotal Amount:​

$523.78​

Estimated Current Total:

$523.78​

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see on the ram site when i build a truck you can get the body color bumpers on the limited, but i see no option for the sport hood. Do they not offer this on the limited? Or am i just missing it?

You could make it part of the deal where the dealer swaps out the oem hood for the sport hood before you take delivery. Doesn't have to be a configured option.

But it could also depend on availability of the parts, especially the hood bezels which have been on backorder from time to time.

FYI - the sport hood is not functional without modifying the plastic hood vents (which also collect water) and the heat shield. The actual hood itself has openings under the vents.

revolutionz

Reaction score
I would rather have a regular hood with my sport package. My biggest complaint is every time I take it through the carwash, those "vents" hold a bunch of soap and then the dryers blow soap all over the front of my truck. I just got the package for the body color bumpers and grill. I wish I could find someone locally with the same color truck as mine that would want to swap hoods.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rather have a regular hood with my sport package. My biggest complaint is every time I take it through the carwash, those "vents" hold a bunch of soap and then the dryers blow soap all over the front of my truck. I just got the package for the body color bumpers and grill. I wish I could find someone locally with the same color truck as mine that would want to swap hoods.

Where are you located ?

mxracer32

Reaction score

Location? I’d probably jump on a limited asap if I found a sport hood (yes let’s drop $60k for a $500 hood swap ) hahaha

I’m in Charlotte NC

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/