5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with Active Air Dam...

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
OK so I bought one of the new 2020 Limited Black Editions right after seeing it at the State Fair of Texas... I too read that it wasnt supposed to have it. But I just went out and looked and it does and it too must function because it has bugs on it. Curious and also might explain why the gas mileage difference between "Normal" and "Aero" on the recent trip to and from Orlando, Fl didnt really vary at all. And here I thought I was actually testing it out to see and yet the truck was fooling me all along. Build date 9-19-2019.

I wonder if it makes a difference for those that are Suspension leveled. My aero is leveled, but the truck won't use the air dam. Maybe in normal it will be more gas efficient. This requires further testing.

BTW , my 2020 limited does have it, in case people were still debating.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy crap! Just went out to check my 6-19 build Limited....sure enough, active air dam is there....

2020blckout

Reaction score
Holy crap! Just went out to check my 6-19 build Limited....sure enough, active air dam is there....
My 2020 limited have it too
But how do we know if works?
Also only works on normal mode ? Or aero??

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 limited have it too
But how do we know if works?
Also only works on normal mode ? Or aero??
...good question, I looked at mine a few minutes ago, and did NOT see any bugs on it. But why the heck would they put it on a Limited, if it didn't need it? I don't buy the "ease of production" theory. This is bolted on, it would be easier to leave it off, than put it on at the factory. hmmmm...

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score
been reading thru a few threads and watching a few videos.... the conclusion i came to is, On trucks with both Air susp and Active front air Dam (unicorn trucks...I have one) its likely more efficient to run in Normal mode and let the air dam drop 2.5 inch vs running in Aero mode and drop the truck .5 inches... TBD

2020blckout

Reaction score
T
been reading thru a few threads and watching a few videos.... the conclusion i came to is, On trucks with both Air susp and Active front air Dam (unicorn trucks...I have one) its likely more efficient to run in Normal mode and let the air dam drop 2.5 inch vs running in Aero mode and drop the truck .5 inches... TBD
the thing is how do you know it works ? My 2020 limited have it to but how to know if works
On normal or aero too

2020blckout

Reaction score
So I end up jacking up real wheels
And record a video
My 2020 limited night edition have a automatic Air dam and it works on normal mode over 35 mph
And also works on aero mode over 35 mph
So this is pretty cool
Just want to let you know guys !
Everything was recorded

2020blckout

Reaction score
It works ok both modes!
I already try it !!

1JK

Reaction score
Interesting, I just checked my 2020 Ltd ED, its a Unicorn too. It was delivered 01Dec2020. not sure if it works but assume it does since eveyone else seems to. Aero is on and I see the Aero indicator lights but do they mean the air dam has deployed too?

Therealdarkknight

Reaction score
Just checked my 2020 Limited black edition and it has an active air damn too. Build date is 2/26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020blckout

Reaction score
Interesting, I just checked my 2020 Ltd ED, its a Unicorn too. It was delivered 01Dec2020. not sure if it works but assume it does since eveyone else seems to. Aero is on and I see the Aero indicator lights but do they mean the air dam has deployed too?
Yes it deploy on normal and aero mode

Rod19

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram1500. Has active air dam. What is aero mode? Haven’t seen that

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I crawled under my front end this morning, bored from COVID-19 house arrest and I see that mine has one also...so cool! I've had the truck since November and I'm still learning about all the amazing details on this thing! :cool:

Rod19

Reaction score
Soooo... went out to check the mail tonight, turned around to look at my truck and noticed the air dam was lowered. I crawled underneath and looked the best I could with all the frozen snow and slush. It appears one of the brackets have broken off. Does anyone know how I can disengage it? Pull a fuse or wire? I can wire it up out of the way until I get to the dealer. I am not sure why it happened this year as I’m sure I drove through just as much slush and crap last year.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Soooo... went out to check the mail tonight, turned around to look at my truck and noticed the air dam was lowered. I crawled underneath and looked the best I could with all the frozen snow and slush. It appears one of the brackets have broken off. Does anyone know how I can disengage it? Pull a fuse or wire? I can wire it up out of the way until I get to the dealer. I am not sure why it happened this year as I’m sure I drove through just as much slush and crap last year.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @Rod19. If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM!

Mark
RamCares

marko199x

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I'm currently working on a project and I don't have exact information about the air dam position while active. I need to know if the air dam moves in touch with the front pumper plastic or if there is space left for a bracket to come through the gap.
I would really appreciate if someone could confirm that or send a photo or even share the video.

Thanks

Attachments

• Ram_dam.JPG
    Ram_dam.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online