5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with Active Air Dam...

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still want it :)
and if you put the 2.0-2.5" level kit, the dam would still have room even in aero mode.

then slap on a couple NASCAR decals and you can hit the track with the Big Boys LOL

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I will crawl underneath and take pics, as far as pics while its working, not going to happen since I am on my bike and in Illinois its on your record now if you touch a phone while driving/riding

Nope, don't go risking your safety or breaking the law to satisfy the curious on the forum! Sorry if my post was received this way.

The on-the-ground pics should give those of us not in your driveway a better picture of what you're looking at. We just find it incredible that after over a year of producing the trucks they'd change it like this - the active air dam can't be cheap to build.

If you truly have both, then that's a heck of an oops at the factory, and pretty sweet for you.

-John

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here been enjoying my truck for about a month now.
Figured out most of the gadgets and getting used to all the updates over the past 3 Dodge/Rams I have had over the years.
Been reading that the Limited with air ride suspension does not have the active air dam. Well mine has it and it does activate as it should.
When the truck goes to aero mode it tucks back in before the suspension starts dropping.
If in normal mode then it does retract right about 40mph as it should.

Not sure if this has been discussed but everything I have been able to find on the interwebs points to not having the active airdam system if it has air ride???

Dave
Please post a picture of your truck.

upkingpin

Reaction score
looking at my build sheet, my limited has both fixed and active air dam, MXAS, MXBS. build date 05/04/2019, limited 4X4, 33 gal, 22 inch wheels, 6.4 bed.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Obviously the factory built a unicorn and now we know that the logic works on the truck to control both the air dam and air suspension. Now the question is whether a dealer could add it (program it to work) if we added the air dam hardware.

Hihosilver

Reaction score
Obviously the factory built a unicorn and now we know that the logic works on the truck to control both the air dam and air suspension. Now the question is whether a dealer could add it (program it to work) if we added the air dam hardware.
Reason why I asked, thought I did not have it. Looked and there it was. Then figured it was just part of the build and not functioning. Looked some more and it is... not sure if it’s a fluke or if they got it together and just not advertising it

Hihosilver

Reaction score
looking at my build sheet, my limited has both fixed and active air dam, MXAS, MXBS. build date 05/04/2019, limited 4X4, 33 gal, 22 inch wheels, 6.4 bed.
So have you crawled underneath it yet to see if it’s there?

spaightlabs

Reaction score
ACTIVE AIR DAM

As the Ram 1500 approaches 30 miles per hour, a Class-Exclusive active air dam automatically extends downward 2.5 inches to help reduce drag and make towing more efficient. This feature is standard on all Ram 1500 models that are not equipped with the available air suspension.

I know for sure that my Limited doesn't have an active air dam. The OP may have 1 of 1. Could be valuable :p

I believe the ORG/ORP optioned vehicles also do NOT have the active air dam, correct?

Repsol69

Reaction score
Their explanation is that is forces air around truck instead of getting caught up underneath and disrupting flow by passing over drivetrain components

I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Well ain't that something! That really is a unicorn. For comparison's sake, I went out and crawled underneath my March 2019-built Limited, and I have the fixed air dam.

Other than that, your truck looks identical to mine - what's your payload sticker say?

-John

Hihosilver

Reaction score
Well ain't that something! That really is a unicorn. For comparison's sake, I went out and crawled underneath my March 2019-built Limited, and I have the fixed air dam.

Other than that, your truck looks identical to mine - what's your payload sticker say?

-John
8100 I believe

Users who are viewing this thread