5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather dash delamination.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here also wood is cracking on dash. Shame to hear they won’t repair it. I leased luckily may not choose RAM again if issues like this are going to be ignored
Can we get a photo? Curious what that looks like.

Jimmy D

Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my 2019 limited huge bubbles between radio and speedo bezel. I brought it to the dealer and they said they would look into it. that was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard back . anybody have any suggestions?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my 2019 limited huge bubbles between radio and speedo bezel. I brought it to the dealer and they said they would look into it. that was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard back . anybody have any suggestions?
If you are under warranty, you will get a full dash replacement. My 2019 did the same thing in the same spot as you described. If they give you $****, just call FCA and create a case. It is a known issue.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Just noticed this morning..... looks like I’m off to the dealer, again !!! 🤬

Attachments

• 2FDC15F8-695A-42A9-A39B-FEC71B7407A0.jpeg
    2FDC15F8-695A-42A9-A39B-FEC71B7407A0.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 19BE4D8E-B676-4858-88DA-36FC3263A656.jpeg
    19BE4D8E-B676-4858-88DA-36FC3263A656.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 142

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are under warranty, you will get a full dash replacement. My 2019 did the same thing in the same spot as you described. If they give you $****, just call FCA and create a case. It is a known issue.

How has your 2021 been with this issue?

Is there a consensus as to how to prevent it? Like putting ceramic window covering (clear or slightly tinted) on the windshield? It sounds like only using leather products and not Armor-All type products on the dash is also advised?

Trying to figure out how widespread this problem is, as I have a Limited on order (indigo/frost).

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Is there a consensus as to how to prevent it? Like putting ceramic window covering (clear or slightly tinted) on the windshield? It sounds like only using leather products and not Armor-All type products on the dash is also advised?

Trying to figure out how widespread this problem is, as I have a Limited on order (indigo/frost).
No issues yet and no way to prevent it. I never used any chemicals on my dash and it still did it. I believe the issue is contained to the 19 and 20, but time will tell.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No issues yet and no way to prevent it. I never used any chemicals on my dash and it still did it. I believe the issue is contained to the 19 and 20, but time will tell.
Are there cases of this happening on 2020 models too? Seems like anyone who has had this issue owns a 2019. At least out of those who have listed their truck's information. Some who posted in this thread that they also had this problem didn't specify what year their truck is.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Tint on the windshield will help slightly, but not worth the cost or hassle IMO. You are much better off using a full coverage dash shade when parking outside in warm weather. The dash getting extremely hot in direct sunlight when parked is likely the causal factor here. Huge temperature fluctuations are wearing out the adhesive on the underside. Tint will not be nearly as effective as completely blocking the sun. Covercraft makes a great shade for about $60.

sgnitz

Reaction score
I'm a new member who found this site because I just bought a 2020 Limited Eco-Desiel yesterday that I love. Today while driving I noticed the dash has bubbled on the right front passenger side (delaminated) and there is a wave/crease in the leather on the driver's sidein the same place where the material has seperated from the dashboard structure itself. The vehicle only has 6500 miles on it and now my question is whether I should try and have it fixed or return it to the dealer and look for another vehicle. Any suggestions....

sgnitz

Reaction score
I found this site because I just bought a 2020 Limited Eco-Desiel yesterday that I love. Today while driving I noticed the dash has bubbled on the right front passenger side (delaminated) and there is a wave/crease in the leather on the driver's side in the same place where the material has seperated from the dashboard structure itself. The vehicle only has 6500 miles on it and now my question is whether I should try and have it fixed or return it to the dealer and look for another vehicle.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm a new member who found this site because I just bought a 2020 Limited Eco-Desiel yesterday that I love. Today while driving I noticed the dash has bubbled on the right front passenger side (delaminated) and there is a wave/crease in the leather on the driver's sidein the same place where the material has seperated from the dashboard structure itself. The vehicle only has 6500 miles on it and now my question is whether I should try and have it fixed or return it to the dealer and look for another vehicle. Any suggestions....
Did they tell you it was returnable? Most are not once you drive it off the lot. If the truck is exactly what you want, and you are forced to keep it, just have the dash replaced as have several members. Not really that big of a deal.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have it replaced under warranty. Several members here have had that done.

Buying a vehicle is not like buying something from Walmart. There are exceptions, but normally you can't just return it for a full refund. And in most cases, even if a dealership has a return policy, you normally are not refunded any of the sales tax you paid. That probably varies from state to state though.

Users who are viewing this thread