5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Reverse light

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the same thing but now i think i screwed up. IF i ever decide to add a tailgate strip it would've been nice to have it so i could just do a 5 pin splitter

I know I will never add a tailgate strip. Anyway, it's totally easy to redo, if you do.

Toby J

Reaction score
Sweet! I wish I was so lucky. I opted for trimming the plate and lowering the bolts so I could fit the light. I just hated the look of every other auxiliary reverse light

Got any pictures of the finished product?

U

User_21361

Here you go
ac84676d105c32a1de82df27eaf3b0e1.jpg

U

User_21361

jesus you must light up the whole block in reverse

:cool:

I have a long dark driveway and young kids and animals that like to run around. The tailgate bar didn't do much to help my reverse visibility close to the truck. The tailgate channel blocks the light from shining directly down. I liked the look of it so I kept it. To be less blinding to people behind me, I didn't hook the reverse wire up on the long bar.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Curious how the one from xenondepot would do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Mine fits fine. Helps when backing up in the dark and no scuffing the rims on the curbs. I can actually see the curb when my mirrors tilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the one that should be used on the New Ram and not have interference with the tailgate and need any modifications??

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I could not find the dimensions on the XD XTR LP reverse Light, but here are the dimensions of the LPR version that folks have had rub on the tailgate. I am ok with doing some of the mods people have done, but like others have said, it would be nice to not have to do it.

LPR Reverse Light Dimensions.png

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A shout out to the guys on this thread that pointed out the potential for the Vled reverse light to be hit by the tailgate when lowered. Went back out and checked my installation and sure enough it hit. Did a quick reverse. Noticed no difference in the lighting.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
A shout out to the guys on this thread that pointed out the potential for the Vled reverse light to be hit by the tailgate when lowered. Went back out and checked my installation and sure enough it hit. Did a quick reverse. Noticed no difference in the lighting.
Quick reverse?

Users who are viewing this thread