5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Reverse light

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have those "VLed"s also they always blow out in section,never a straight line of light.but i live in a very cold and snowy area.may hold up for you guys in warmer parts.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have those "VLed"s also they always blow out in section,never a straight line of light.but i live in a very cold and snowy area.may hold up for you guys in warmer parts.
I live in BC, Canada. Yes it gets cold and snowy here believe it or not. LOL. No issue with mine here in that respect.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the XTR LP a couple of days ago. Unfortunately mine was one of the ones that the tailgate hit. Thanks to this thread and the advice given, I trimmed the bottom of the plate off and it doesn't hit now.
I tapped into the passenger tail light. White with purple.
The light output is excellent. Almost night and day, hahaha!

Thank you for the great advice here!
ANYTHING ELSE TO KNOW OR TAP? I TRIED THE WHITE WITH PURPLE AND GETTING NOTHING... ANY IDEA'S?

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this solution to solve the dim reverse light problem on the 1500s? Feniex makes super-bright LED lights for law enforcement /emergency responders, and they have license plate brackets for unmarked vehicle use. The lights are programable to be steady on and can be white, amber, red or blue. Obviously for this application steady on white would be the way to go. Screenshot_20220430-145326_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220430-145320_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this solution to solve the dim reverse light problem on the 1500s? Feniex makes super-bright LED lights for law enforcement /emergency responders, and they have license plate brackets for unmarked vehicle use. The lights are programable to be steady on and can be white, amber, red or blue. Obviously for this application steady on white would be the way to go. View attachment 128205 View attachment 128206
The tailgate will still hit the bracket / lights when you open it.

blckout

Reaction score
Done! Ordered the light, the harness, and a male adapter someone linked above! White and Black (dashed) wire from the lights to blue, other wire to the white on the harness. Easy project

Excited to see it tonight
868658b6fc20f0e4574e3e2f851ec923.jpg

4aeb6e92e0705e356cdafeffa3a12fe5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread