5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Reverse light

wwalljr

Reaction score

J4U

Reaction score
Light and plate ordered, discount applied, wait for in stock status. Can't wait to see where I'm backing into.

SB89

Reaction score
Light and plate ordered, discount applied, wait for in stock status. Can't wait to see where I'm backing into.
It’s truly an incredible part. Makes a world of difference, even in the day time in parking garages and such. I love it.

Reactions: J4U

J4U

Reaction score
Harnesses came in today and will prep truck tomorrow for arrival of LED. Now that my truck is quiet again after today, I'm looking forward to seeing where I'm going in reverse.

Prepped and ready (5 minutes) for the lights to come in!
f63ed9c92b9737110df0407e7cae225b.jpg

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is what I meant; had fun making it.

View attachment 24052

This way the VLEDs aren't modified, with the KURT 5-way T my truck's wiring is not modified, and the KURT harness itself is not modified.

Edit: to know which wire was positive and which was negative, I connected the extension to the VLEDs and used a 9v battery as a tester. Enough voltage to light up the LEDs so you know the polarity if the circuit is established, not enough amps to burn anything if the circuit is in reverse.
Great tip. My LPR is arriving tonight, and I will do the exact same you did. Thanks for providing these pics.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Installed mine yesterday. Took 15 min. Very easy. Thanks @dad2steph you made my life much easier. I am still waiting for the license plate. Just did the light so far and works great. Will post pix after I get the license plate also. Thx guys.

J4U

Reaction score
Sunk in a ditch. You would think they would give the extra discount to those that ordered knowing it would be a month before in stock.

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
Is this needed? Can we not just swap bulbs out with LED? Sorry just got my ram so catching up on all things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsn112

Reaction score
Is this needed? Can we not just swap bulbs out with LED? Sorry just got my ram so catching up on all things.

Those of us with led tails can’t make them any brighter

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
Those of us with led tails can’t make them any brighter

So is this for the reverse bulb in tail light not the license plate lights on the left and right?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Done with the install. Quick and easy.

Would have taken 15 min, but I wanted everything nice and tidy, so it took about 45 min from start to finish.
Blue cable goes with the LPRs dashed cable (positive).

IMG_3006.jpeg IMG_3010.jpeg IMG_3011.jpeg IMG_3012.jpeg IMG_3013.jpeg IMG_3014.jpeg IMG_3015.jpeg

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Install Detail:

Trailer connector is not hard at all to remove. Just grab it and pull back towards spare tire.
Once everything's connected, I wrapped all connections with electrical tape to seal against moisture.

IMG_3024.jpeg IMG_3025.jpeg IMG_3026.jpeg IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg IMG_3017.jpeg

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Before & After.

My driveway was not pitch black as it was still dusk. You will really appreciate the added lumens in very dark situations, and even then, you can see that the added light greatly minimizes the the camera noise present with the stock set up.

The LED strip is real tiny and not noticeable unless you know what you're looking for. Very happy with the end result.

IMG_3021.jpeg IMG_3018.jpeg IMG_3022.jpeg IMG_3019.jpeg IMG_3023.jpeg IMG_3020.jpeg

Last edited:

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
No. It mounts to the license plate. There are pictures in the first post.

Oh ha I thought I had seen that but now that I'm actually paying attention to it i3 what your are taking about ha.

Is it a big night and day difference then just doing LED bulbs in the stock license plate area

Users who are viewing this thread