5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Reverse light

Denny Crane

Reaction score
Has anyone used these (the VLEDs LED license plate reverse light) in conjunction with a chrome license plate frame, the kind that wraps all the way around the license?

geotex1

Reaction score
Has anyone used these (the VLEDs LED license plate reverse light) in conjunction with a chrome license plate frame, the kind that wraps all the way around the license?

Would look better with black since it is black. It can be done. You will jus4 need a couple of washers under the bolt holes since it's designed to overlay the top edge of your plate.

wwalljr

Reaction score
I just ordered the vled and such mentioned here. The good people at Visa must love you guys for convincing me to keep spending...

Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
This thread has me on the verge of buying too! Looks really clean and obviously very functional.

My only question, has anyone installed the VLEDS license plate light in conjunction with LED reverse lights in the tail light? Worried that it might be too much for the backup camera.

I really want to do this but I absolutely hate anything to do with wiring or electrical.

geotex1

Reaction score
This thread has me on the verge of buying too! Looks really clean and obviously very functional.

My only question, has anyone installed the VLEDS license plate light in conjunction with LED reverse lights in the tail light? Worried that it might be too much for the backup camera.

I really want to do this but I absolutely hate anything to do with wiring or electrical.

Follow the details we've built on the thread to install a pigtail onto the trailer wiring. It is almost paint by numbers! Totally reversible too with no alterations to the factory wiring!

Last edited:

Rob3989

Reaction score
What exactly is the curt wiring harness for ? I get my truck delivered today and want to do this right away.

dad2steph

Reaction score
What exactly is the curt wiring harness for ? I get my truck delivered today and want to do this right away.

The Curt wire harness alows you to use the factory 7 pin connector and not have to splice into any of your trucks factory wiring. it plugs in behind your bumper so it is out of site and makes for a very clean install.

Griff

Reaction score

My truck has the VLEDS license plate light and LED reverse lights. It's not "too much" for the camera. The great thing is when your're backing up in a parking lot at night, EVERYONE knows it! I totally X-rayed a guy the other night with it.

Follow the instructions in this thread and it's pretty painless.

SB89

Reaction score
My truck has the VLEDS license plate light and LED reverse lights. It's not "too much" for the camera. The great thing is when your're backing up in a parking lot at night, EVERYONE knows it! I totally X-rayed a guy the other night with it.

Follow the instructions in this thread and it's pretty painless.
Ok, good to know. Didn't know if too much light would wash out any of the camera. Pumped to get this install going! Thanks everyone.

SB89

Reaction score
Ok, good to know. Didn't know if too much light would wash out any of the camera. Pumped to get this install going! Thanks everyone.
All the parts ordered! Now I just need a day when temps aren't in the teens so I can actually install this thing.

geotex1

Reaction score
All the parts ordered! Now I just need a day when temps aren't in the teens so I can actually install this thing.

Good luck, winter doesn't want to quit here either! I swear the horses at the farm across the street are eyeballing my RAM for the giant salt lick it could be!

SB89

Reaction score
Still waiting on my harness and 5-pin male to come in. Shipping delays...ugh.

In the mean time, any help getting this damn plug off? This thing won't budge! I'm guessing I gotta try to squeeze a flat head screw driver into those metal clips above the 7-way to get it out?

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 449

SB89

Reaction score
Still waiting on my harness and 5-pin male to come in. Shipping delays...ugh.

In the mean time, any help getting this **** plug off? This thing won't budge! I'm guessing I gotta try to squeeze a flat head screw driver into those metal clips above the 7-way to get it out?
Any help from anyone who has done this install?

I connected all the wiring today (even soldered and added a heat shrink with some help) but haven't been able to install behind the bumper because it was pouring rain all day.

Griff

Reaction score
Any help from anyone who has done this install?

I connected all the wiring today (even soldered and added a heat shrink with some help) but haven't been able to install behind the bumper because it was pouring rain all day.

I didn't need a screwdriver to get the 7-pin plug off. The trick is to get the top thing off and kind of rock it while pulling back. It can be a pain. I studied the harness closely to see where to push/pull/pray/cuss.

Users who are viewing this thread