5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Reverse light

asac12

Reaction score
No hole required. Run right over the top edge. You cannot even see it.
Any way that you or somebody who has installed this post a picture of where the wiring and zip ties are hidden at the bumper? Also if you're not splicing, you need to order the light, Curt connector, and the 5-pin male end that were all previously linked? First truck, first mods. Thanks for the help!

dad2steph

Reaction score
Any way that you or somebody who has installed this post a picture of where the wiring and zip ties are hidden at the bumper? Also if you're not splicing, you need to order the light, Curt connector, and the 5-pin male end that were all previously linked? First truck, first mods. Thanks for the help!

Yes you beed to order all that you mentioned. Can’t get a pic right bow due to the crappy weather we have but everything zip ties up nicely behind the passenger side of the bumper.

ewmyers76

Reaction score
Installed my VLEDS LPR. This helps the backup camera immensely at night. Used the Curt wiring harnesses with the 5 pin reverse light connection and it works great.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lpr/lpr-reverse-72-w.html

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56584-C...coding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2
Thank you very much for taking the time to post all this great info. I bought my truck during the day and was very disappointed the first night i tried to back up. Have been looking for a good solution for about a month now that does not look tacky. Actually just sent a Putco Blade back because it would not install correct and was a bit over board. Just ordered everything you outlined and hope to install in a few days.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the time to post all this great info. I bought my truck during the day and was very disappointed the first night i tried to back up. Have been looking for a good solution for about a month now that does not look tacky. Actually just sent a Putco Blade back because it would not install correct and was a bit over board. Just ordered everything you outlined and hope to install in a few days.

What did you not like about the PUTCO?

ewmyers76

Reaction score
I was actually just looking for a solution to the poor lighting when backing up and was not a fan of the full light bar with brake and turn signals. When i ordered it i thought it would be the best solution. Also when i was trying to install there is alot of plastic and tailgate power cables that get in the way and i would have had to rig up the mounting.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I was actually just looking for a solution to the poor lighting when backing up and was not a fan of the full light bar with brake and turn signals. When i ordered it i thought it would be the best solution. Also when i was trying to install there is alot of plastic and tailgate power cables that get in the way and i would have had to rig up the mounting.

Interesting. I’m looking at the Putco simply because I almost had someone rear-end me the other day and they told me they didn’t see my brake lights and that they’re not large enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Reaction score
Interesting. I’m looking at the Putco simply because I almost had someone rear-end me the other day and they told me they didn’t see my brake lights and that they’re not large enough.

That sounds more like trying to shift the blame for a possible accident from them to you, and they are grasping at straws. If you installed the Putco, I bet they would claim you put an illegal mod that was too bright and therefor you were at fault again.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
That sounds more like trying to shift the blame for a possible accident from them to you, and they are grasping at straws. If you installed the Putco, I bet they would claim you put an illegal mod that was too bright and therefor you were at fault again.

Probably true. The putco just looks harder to install than the license plate LED too.

TimmyG

Reaction score
Light off and then when I put it in Reverse and the light comes on. It is raining so not the best pics.
Wow! I was gonna ask if it caused a big glare into the camera, but I see it does not.

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Thanks OP! Ordered the parts. I hate backing out of the driveway with the virtually non-existent reverse lights.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my VLEDS LPR. This helps the backup camera immensely at night. Used the Curt wiring harnesses with the 5 pin reverse light connection and it works great.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lpr/lpr-reverse-72-w.html

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56584-C...coding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_yo_pop_d_pd_t2
oh i have one of those.yesterday i took it off my old "Avy" and i will be installing it soon on my "rebel"but anyway i just ground the wire to the body and the other end i just tap into the reverse light wire the truck

Users who are viewing this thread