5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Same... I just worry about the impact to ground clearance. TFL Offroad has two reviews where they scrape them on rocks. Does anybody who has their truck already know if they hang lower than the rest of the truck? Looking at pics and videos it looks like they might by like 0.5-1"
Might not be a problem since I ordered a quad cab lol
They were definitely still listed for quad cab when I ordered in early March.
The fuel tank skid plate (calling is a plate is being very generous) is at least an inch lower than the step bars. Ground clearance is very situational.

myramtrx

Reaction score
When I ordered my quad cab backcountry it listed the side steps in description of backcountry package,now looking at website it only shows the steps in the crew cab backcountry package. I have a feeling I will be disappointed when my truck arrives. I am already a little upset the granite was not available for the quad cab,and no I do not want or need a crew cab
Do not look at it as disappointed. The side steps are around $500. I got lucky and the dealer got me a set, but it is a great truck and look forward to it. Not sure what happened where they dropped then for the quad cab, but just move forward and enjoy the great truck. Just one of those things we cannot control.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the side steps. I have been looking everywhere for a oem pair and can’t find them online at all.

Thanks in advance!
I'll second this. Can't locate the Back Country running boards. Anybody know the part numbers?

Mogen89

Reaction score
Do not look at it as disappointed. The side steps are around $500. I got lucky and the dealer got me a set, but it is a great truck and look forward to it. Not sure what happened where they dropped then for the quad cab, but just move forward and enjoy the great truck. Just one of those things we cannot control.
Yeah, the other side of this is if you can get the price of them off your truck, you can put them towards an aftermarket set- which is probably what I'd do. Get something flatter- the backcountry ones are a little chunky for my taste.

Mogen89

Reaction score
So they quoted me MSRP minus current incentives. MSRP is 57k. Quad cab 4x4 hemi etorque 8 inch screen level 2 package blind spot monitoring paint protection 33 gal fuel tank…. I think that’s everything. If you build one online it will automatically apply like 6k of non-applicable incentives. Also Ram added a charge for the two tone paint even though it’s a $0 on ramtrucks.com.

Dewey

Reaction score
My BackCountry finally got delivered. First thing I noticed is that stock exhaust is too damn quiet and has to go. 😆

Installing my G/T exhaust and CAI in the morning.
DFAA9901-E738-4F3A-A8EC-8F289C575656.jpeg B300F190-869F-4955-A774-2E486D547582.jpeg FDEE476B-CB21-416B-9377-0A390CABE609.jpeg 2C796FB3-917E-4E61-86DA-EDE15ABF1508.jpeg

Mogen89

Reaction score
My BackCountry finally got delivered. First thing I noticed is that stock exhaust is too damn quiet and has to go. 😆

View attachment 131806 View attachment 131807 View attachment 131808 View attachment 131809
I desperately want to put the mopar exhaust on mine but it’s a hunting/towing/road-tripping truck and I think all of those activities would be negatively impacted…. But a free breathing hemi just sounds so good!

Akerwin10

Reaction score

Where did you get the G/T exhaust from and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Dewey

Reaction score
Nice! Not a bad price out the door. I was looking at the borla s type whenever I get my truck. Have to update us on how it sounds when you put it on.
Just installed my G/T exhaust and test drove. Big improvement from stock and has a good bark at full throttle. Normal driving it’s actually pretty mellow. I think it’s a really good balance. Looks exactly like the stock exhaust. Only a trained eye by someone knowing the part numbers could tell by looking at it.

Coming from a Flowmaster American Thunder in my old truck it’s actually pretty tame in comparison but I’m still happy. No cab drone at highway speeds will be nice.

Now I have a brand new stock exhaust with less than 100 miles on it. Hope to find a buyer for it some day.

Akerwin10

Reaction score
Just installed my G/T exhaust and test drove. Big improvement from stock and has a good bark at full throttle. Normal driving it’s actually pretty mellow. I think it’s a really good balance.

Coming from a Flowmaster American Thunder in my old truck it’s actually pretty tame in comparison but I’m still happy. No cab drone at highway speeds will be nice.

Now I have a brand new stock exhaust with less than 100 miles on it. Hope to find a buyer for it some day.
Sounds like a good option for me then. Did you have to cut the y pipe to remove the old exhaust?

Dewey

Reaction score
Sounds like a good option for me then. Did you have to cut the y pipe to remove the old exhaust?
Nope. All complete bolt on. The job is much easier if the spare tire and tire heat shield is removed. If I did that right away it would have been an easy one hour job.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Nope. All complete bolt on. The job is much easier if the spare tire and tire heat shield is removed. If I did that right away it would have been an easy one hour job.

Any chance you have the PN for that kit?

Dewey

Reaction score
Just installed my G/T exhaust and test drove. Big improvement from stock and has a good bark at full throttle. Normal driving it’s actually pretty mellow. I think it’s a really good balance. Looks exactly like the stock exhaust. Only a trained eye by someone knowing the part numbers could tell by looking at it.

Update:
I put about 75 miles on with a lot of varied rpm’s and happy to say the exhaust seems to have woken up a bit more. Not sure if it just needed some stuff blown out of it or what the deal was but I’m really liking it now. She’s really got a bark now at full throttle. Even idling sounds better. I’m very happy. 👍🏻

Akerwin10

Reaction score
Update:
I put about 75 miles on with a lot of varied rpm’s and happy to say the exhaust seems to have woken up a bit more. Not sure if it just needed some stuff blown out of it or what the deal was but I’m really liking it now. She’s really got a bark now at full throttle. Even idling sounds better. I’m very happy. 👍🏻
Awesome I might go that route then especially if it's cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online