5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Mogen89

Reaction score
4496FB8C-9D80-497B-8D5D-73E48D2BAA63.jpeg
Removed the air dams. A little extra approach angle and a more off-road look. I did more or less identical 74 mile round trips to Home Depot before and after and got 20.3 mpg before and 20.5 mpg after. I doubt that it improved my efficiency, but it seems like it didn’t significantly hurt it.

Attachments

• 13C333C6-206F-4338-AE1F-9030F582CFC1.jpeg
    13C333C6-206F-4338-AE1F-9030F582CFC1.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 55

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you sit on it, does it feel any different, compared to the other side?

I will look at my original pictures to see if there is any different back when I picked mine up in late December. Since then I have a front facing baby seat, so I can't go by that.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahar

Does it feel different? Not really. Maybe? I cant tell to be honest. It is more of an esthetic thing probably. The bottoms are pretty close to even, but the top isn't so maybe it is thinner. I also noticed the top of the two sides do not sit even so either that is how it is, or maybe something isn't sitting just right.

Sanders

Reaction score
I did the plasti dip thing to my grill. I want to have it professionally painted or find a night edition replacement. I thinks these trucks look really good with black grills.
Mogen89 what did you use for wrap? Looks great!

Mogen89

Reaction score
Thanks! That’s VVIVID high gloss black. Doesn’t quite match the diamond black pearl, but only because it doesn’t have flake. The shade is exactly the same. Plastidip was my backup plan and it would have been way less work. Took me 9 hours.

Mogen89

Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of black grills, gives the look of cheap base model to me.
To each their own, but I would point out that the TRX, ZR2, and Raptor, the most expensive trucks in their segment, all have black grilles, so I feel like that stigma might be a bit outdated.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To each their own, but I would point out that the TRX, ZR2, and Raptor, the most expensive trucks in their segment, all have black grilles, so I feel like that stigma might be a bit outdated.
Didn’t think I would like a black grill but loving it since my last two trucks were Laramie’s with WAY too much chrome on the grill. Nice change of pace. I’m not a real big fan of the large RAM letters. Really tones it down a bit being blacked out.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Didn’t think I would like a black grill but loving it since my last two trucks were Laramie’s with WAY too much chrome on the grill. Nice change of pace. I’m not a real big fan of the large RAM letters. Really tones it down a bit being blacked out.
I went the opposite for the RAM on my backcountry!
Before:
17F03FD7-9065-4A5D-99DB-616A2BDE27B4.jpeg
After:
AA992697-6D29-4A15-8CA3-81050A5F8B70.jpeg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went the opposite for the RAM on my backcountry!
Before:
View attachment 133265
After:
View attachment 133266
I actually don’t mind that. Way better looking than the flashy bright chrome.

My BC is Granite Crystal so coloring the letters wouldn’t be much of a change. Heck in certain lights it’s hard to even tell I have the black two-tone on the bottom of the truck.

74853E99-D01C-47DE-A3CB-2AB8BE03AB17.jpeg

Last edited:

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHROME !!!

If I didn't like the patriot blue so much, I would take the whole truck in chrome . .

Mogen89

Reaction score
NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHROME !!!

If I didn't like the patriot blue so much, I would take the whole truck in chrome . .
Lol I can’t stand the chrome, that’s why I went with a backcountry instead of just getting the off-road package. We’ll see if I still like painted bumpers after my first real off-road adventure with it though….

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Is that medium blue? I ordered a hydro blue too, great color
See this post:

Akerwin10

Reaction score
So did anyone else with the Backcountry package get led lights inside with the standard halogen headlights? I noticed all my interior lights are led even though I didn't get the premium light package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online