5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Update:
I put about 75 miles on with a lot of varied rpm’s and happy to say the exhaust seems to have woken up a bit more. Not sure if it just needed some stuff blown out of it or what the deal was but I’m really liking it now. She’s really got a bark now at full throttle. Even idling sounds better. I’m very happy. 👍🏻
Thanks for the review and update. I’m going to consider this for my Backcountry.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the review and update. I’m going to consider this for my Backcountry.
You’ll be very happy. The exhaust is a perfect blend of fairly quiet highway cruising and good bark when you want it to. I would say to those that like obnoxious exhaust this one is not for you. It’s a bit more subtle and that’s why I like it so much.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I guess quad cabs still don’t come with side steps. Which is fine by me, but for those interested
The Quad Cab Backcountry I originally ordered was delivered to the dealer recently. No step bars either. Makes me glad I found a Crew Backcountry.

Mogen89

Reaction score
The Quad Cab Backcountry I originally ordered was delivered to the dealer recently. No step bars either. Makes me glad I found a Crew Backcountry.
I wanted the long bed so I can sleep back there while camping. I was thinking I’d like flatter steps anyway, so like I said, not a problem for me

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can a couple you all check the 33% drivers side rear seat cushion and see if it sits lower than the 66% on the other side? I posted something about my side being lower here but I think it might be more due to the seat style we have vs others. I noticed while watching this video on a BST edition that it looks like those seats are similar, although mine looks worse.

IMG_2262.JPG IMG_2260.jpg

Dewey

Reaction score
Can a couple you all check the 33% drivers side rear seat cushion and see if it sits lower than the 66% on the other side? I posted something about my side being lower here but I think it might be more due to the seat style we have vs others. I noticed while watching this video on a BST edition that it looks like those seats are similar, although mine looks worse.

View attachment 132737 View attachment 132738
Mine sits flat except at the very edge.
D7DCD20A-EA6D-456C-BB68-A9ACF3611931.jpeg B377E19D-D1A0-4C14-8730-251A79687CEE.jpeg
Must be built into the seat cushion itself because there are only hard stops underneath that aren’t adjustable.
59308ACA-34F7-40AC-B936-9CED4894BEEC.jpeg

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. That looks more like the video I saw too. Do you ever have anyone sitting back there? I have had people a few times, but it shouldn't settle down that much I don't think.

Dewey

Reaction score
Thanks. That looks more like the video I saw too. Do you ever have anyone sitting back there? I have had people a few times, but it shouldn't settle down that much I don't think.
I sat back there a few times just checking things out but nobody for a long period of time as of yet.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also to add to your comments @Dewey , I did measure things and the bottom of the cushion sits a bit lower too but it is easy to push up, so I think it must be the cushion giving up. If that is the case, I don't think it should be doing that with less than 1300 miles on the clock.

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe shim up that seat with a few more pads on the hard stops? I'll peek at mine tonight and see if it's off.
I may, but I think I will let the dealer take a look first. I wonder if the cushion has something going on with it and a replacement will fix things.

Mogen89

Reaction score
Mine looked pretty even. I’d guess it’s a product of the upholstery and the way it’s stuffed, but who knows for sure.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you are right. I took a quick look under the cover and it is a shaped piece of foam. I dont know if it was made wrong or maybe put together wrong with maybe a brace or something missing? It pushed down pretty easily on the front edge. I need to compare it to the other side to know for sure. Not a huge deal, just curious what others are seeing. Seems mine is a bit more than others.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Mine sits a tad off also, at first I thought I put something under it that was too large. It honestly doesn't bother me though, they are still comfortable, I have carted around some family with zero complaints.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine sits a tad off also, at first I thought I put something under it that was too large. It honestly doesn't bother me though, they are still comfortable, I have carted around some family with zero complaints.
Can you take a pic for comparison?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you are right. I took a quick look under the cover and it is a shaped piece of foam. I dont know if it was made wrong or maybe put together wrong with maybe a brace or something missing? It pushed down pretty easily on the front edge. I need to compare it to the other side to know for sure. Not a huge deal, just curious what others are seeing. Seems mine is a bit more than others.
When you sit on it, does it feel any different, compared to the other side?

I will look at my original pictures to see if there is any different back when I picked mine up in late December. Since then I have a front facing baby seat, so I can't go by that.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread