5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my loaded Limited for two days now and I absolutely love this truck! I'm driving just to drive like I was 16 again. The air is cold. The HK audio system is fantastic. (I honestly think those complaining have something wrong with theirs.) The ventilated seats blow Texas hard. The handling, the feel of it - it just soaks up road and asks for more. I am just blown away and my wife joked with me today, "glad you didn't buy that Ford last fall?" You bet I'm glad. This is just so much more truck and was $6K less.

Now it's got a few opportunities. It's got the clunk but since we know it's a body mount and not suspension or steering I'm not worried. If I get done treating the paint tomorrow I may break out the torque wrench and have at the bolts but I'm looking forward to it - it's got a built in lift! Already popped back in one sunroof drain. Cake.

Now I do have one issue: Living in the Houston area, it's trying hard to teach me the rolling stop. I wish the eTorque system would wait for just a bit more before kicking in because at a stop sign if I come to a full stop so does it. So now I'm mostly stopping but I guess that just makes me a Houston driver.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1800 miles on my Laramie. Got it in June. Already bored with it....and the 13.2 MPG is annoying other than that the 3.92 gears with the V8 hemi my truck is pretty fast and very luxrious and drives great.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1800 miles on my Laramie. Got it in June. Already bored with it....and the 13.2 MPG is annoying other than that the 3.92 gears with the V8 hemi my truck is pretty fast and very luxrious and drives great.
Time to mod that beast then, if you're bored.

jschneider910

Reaction score
5000 miles today. No issues to speak of. No Uconnect glitches. No camera issues. No water leaking, and we have had plenty of rain.

Mine was a Wednesday truck. Maybe that's the key.

Phoon

Reaction score
The only issue i have is a squeaky center console, and i will figure that out soon enough. The truck is great. It is faster than my 17, looks great, rides great, pulls a trailer good for a 1/2 ton....
I certainly wouldn't trade it for a ford or chevy. I wish you could get the black limited interior with the blacked out sport exterior but am extremely happy with it overall.

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
We are just over a month in and are very happy. We haven't had an issue other than things my OCD have noticed. The factory alignment is crappy (or at least the steering wheel is not straight). I also noticed the bed is not bolted to the truck straight. The front of the bed is sitting 1/4" too far toward the driver's side. These are easy fixes, I just haven't had the opportunity to take it to the dealer yet.

It's still early, but I'm still very happy with the truck and would purchase it again. I'm especially impressed with the economy. Even with the non E-Torque Hemi and the 3.92 gears we are seeing MPG averages in the 18s and the calculated VS measured have been nearly spot on. Our first tank of gas was much lower, but since it's been increasing as it learns our driving style. I do expect this to drop again soon as the cold weather sets in.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Zero complaints/issues since I picked mine up other than a small dent on the rear passenger door. May have happened on delivery but i'm not sure. Approaching 2k miles.

Dradin

Reaction score
I have around 400 miles on my completely loaded RAM 1500 4x4 Limited. I can't say enough positives about it. My buddies driving Ford's are considering converting after seeing it. I have the 3.92 axle ratio and V8 Hemi and I have even seen up to 23 mpg during my mostly interstate commute during the break in period as well as 18 mpg city. I did not expect it to be this good. This truck is amazing!!!!

Granted I am driving like an old man at the moment to allow the proper break in but I have punched it a few times at speed on the interstate and it feels smooth as butter......if only it had a flux capacitor......:devilish:

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I have around 400 miles on my completely loaded RAM 1500 4x4 Limited. I can't say enough positives about it. My buddies driving Ford's are considering converting after seeing it. I have the 3.92 axle ratio and V8 Hemi and I have even seen up to 23 mpg during my mostly interstate commute during the break in period as well as 18 mpg city. I did not expect it to be this good. This truck is amazing!!!!

Granted I am driving like an old man at the moment to allow the proper break in but I have punched it a few times at speed on the interstate and it feels smooth as butter......if only it had a flux capacitor......:devilish:

Thank you for staying true to the thread and saying positive things. Seems we have people on this thread that are still saying negative things.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Perusing this forum for 2 months I was a nervous nelly picking up my order. 3 days and a hundred miles later and the only thing really wrong is a small rattle in a sun visor hitting bumps. I will fix that myself. But I couldn’t hear it with the HK system turned up half way cause any louder would hurt my ears. The AC seems to work on a 70 degree day but I will need next year to know for sure. Also no rain yet to check for leaks. No other noises. The etorque in my truck is more noticeable than the one in the test drive but I am not sure that is an actual problem. I just need to get used to the throttle. Good MPG overall. The uConnect software is so nice I am not even using CarPlay because for once, the expensive system in the car is actually better than an iPhone. The ride is just unbelievably smooth and carlike. The safety systems are so well implemented compared to my 2018 Subaru. Lane correction is not even noticeable. Adaptive cruise is much more like how I actually would drive. The auto high beams even work better and the way I would expect. The front bumper is a 1/4 inch off but if it wasn’t for this forum I would not have noticed. Paint is great. Seams and gaps are perfect. I feel bad for all the people who sacrificed so that Ram could get these right but I feel they can build them right. This is actually my third FCA vehicle since 2012 that has been top notch initial quality. My friends similarly equipped F150 seems crude compared to this Ram and I always considered myself a Ford truck guy. Owned four of them.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Lol. Wish I could fully participate. I'm at the shop again. This is the 8th time at the dealer for the drivers side camera issue. I bet around 50-60% of these truck have some sort of "issue".

jschneider910

Reaction score
7000 miles. Beyond a one time HK stereo issue a couple weeks ago, my truck has been perfect. Very satisfied.

RebelMike

Reaction score
2700 miles on my Rebel w/etorque, and still loving it. Had the no sound form Uconnect issue one time at about the 500 mile mark It went away after a shutoff and restart. Haven't had any issues since. I have been on two trips of over 300 miles each, one of them towing my camper, and other than wishing I had opted for the 33 gallon tank, everything works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/