5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I'm 1200 miles in. Currently in the middle of a 250 mile each way road trip. No issues with the truck. I like driving it and the ACC function has been great to finally have in a ram. I am really missing the hard tonneau cover with rambox (not available until next month).

Jaysond

Reaction score
Have 6,300 miles now. Loving it more and more. These trucks are expensive, especially the Limited and Longhorn’s as all pickups are no matter the brand nowadays, however, after having some family and friends who have newer top end luxury cars and suv’s ride in my Ram they cannot believe the technology, convenience, feel, and quality of the interior. It is better than most 6 figure plus luxury vehicles. When I told them the msrp they could not believe it was that “cheap”. :ROFLMAO: If that’s what you want to call it!

We have former luxury brand owners in here by the dozens, with new Rams, comparing their experience with past experiences. Just think what the price tag would look like if one of those brands tried to build a full size, V8 powered 4x4 truck that can tow over 10,000 lbs! I suppose of you add another $50K to the price tag of one of these trucks, you could get pampered & wined & dined a little more at the dealer, have a little nicer paint, have all the details ironed out a little better, etc. Yes, $60K is a lot for a new truck. But, it's nowhere near as much as you'd pay from one of the luxury brands for a comparable rig. Gotta keep this in context a little when looking for flaws with the truck and with the dealer experience.

GoMango16

Reaction score
None of the issues so far as It was built 10/04 and was on the lot 10/10. Spotted it right after it was taken off the hauler and bought it!

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 49

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have former luxury brand owners in here by the dozens, with new Rams, comparing their experience with past experiences. Just think what the price tag would look like if one of those brands tried to build a full size, V8 powered 4x4 truck that can tow over 10,000 lbs! I suppose of you add another $50K to the price tag of one of these trucks, you could get pampered & wined & dined a little more at the dealer, have a little nicer paint, have all the details ironed out a little better, etc. Yes, $60K is a lot for a new truck. But, it's nowhere near as much as you'd pay from one of the luxury brands for a comparable rig. Gotta keep this in context a little when looking for flaws with the truck and with the dealer experience.
Agree, if you took my Longhorn and put a luxury brand emblem on it and changed nothing else the msrp would go from $67,000 to over $100,000 easily.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7100 miles in and still love it. Had a 2014 and 2016 F150 before this. No comparison.

Switched jobs recently and got a car vs an allowance. The wife has my Ram now and its getting 10 miles a day vs 100+. She loves it and I miss driving it daily.

Had the backup camera come up as a blank screen twice. Aside from that and an evap code - no issues. Not happening enough to take the time for a dealer trip.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
6 days and 600 miles in and a trouble free Limited here. If I had any gripes it'd be that it rained today and now it's dirty, and I still need to learn all the correct voice controls.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Wish I could fully participate. I'm at the shop again. This is the 8th time at the dealer for the drivers side camera issue. I bet around 50-60% of these truck have some sort of "issue".
8th time? You 4 sure qualify for lemon law. Why not do that?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am just about to break the 1000 mile mark, here is what I noticed so far

The air suspension is a bit better then my 2013. It deals better when hooking up my trailer. 2013 objected to the trailer weight

The back up cam rocks, as does the surround cam

The start/stop is mostly nice, but it does jerk forward a bit when re-starting, takes a bit to get used to

No real problems, a few user errors

Fuel 16.5 city/mountain driving

ponypride

Reaction score
Just hit 900 miles and no issues. First 1/2 tank that had no highway miles had mileage of 14. Second half a tank, which had 90% highway, had mileage of 22.6.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
2000 miles and no issues.
So smooth, great truck so far

Cmoar

Reaction score
Just got to Gatlinburg from Tulsa, and the trip was awesome. Such a comfort difference from my ‘13 Laramie. I never had a complaint about that truck being uncomfortable, but this truck just glides down the highway. It will be at about 2500 miles when we get home.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I've had my truck for a week now and have put ~225 miles on it so far. Everything is hunky dory! I'd had some transmission issues in the first few days, but they've either mostly smoothed out or I've just gotten used to them, since I don't really notice them anymore.

The one outstanding issue is that there's a rattle somewhere in the cabin. I've got a carseat in the back that has lots of straps and dangly pieces hanging off of it, so I don't know if it's what rattling or if there's something on the truck itself that is rattling. Turning the music up above 5 drowns the rattle out, so I'm not too bothered by it. Unless the rattle gets worse or I figure out that it's the carseat and fix whatever the issue is, I'll probably just wait until the first service appointment to get the rattle taken care of.

Besides that, the truck is perfect is far as I'm concerned!

John813

Reaction score
At 7,200+ miles now.
Only issue I seem to have is a bluetooth issue for the person hearing me on the phone. Randomly will occur. After an update fwiw. Still too lazy to bring it in.

Outside of that, smooth sailing.

jschneider910

Reaction score
I'm currently at 10,912 miles. No issues worth reporting thus far. I had the update done for the Harman Kardon stereo and it was well worth it. The tires are getting noisy a bit too early in my opinion, but that's about it. Could also attribute that to our horrible roads in northeast PA.

CMENT

Reaction score
My Limited was delivered in May. 15k miles and no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to see so many positive experiences. I’m about to turn 6000 miles. So far it’s been perfect.

jkratze1

Reaction score
7444 trouble free miles here. I just finished another 1000 mile road trip and loved every minute in my Ram. The pickup bed with tonneau cover is the best for hauling the families luggage and stuff. This is the best and most luxurious vehicle I have ever owned. It also gets alot of looks.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Build Date 6/18

Knock on wood but just passed 1k this weekend. I did have to slam my tailgate in the beginning to get rid of the tailgate warning light but it’s fine now, I suppose things just had to get seated. Other than that, not even a radio or bluetooth or anything glitch.

I’m back! Almost 5k miles and I had to have the front brake caliper pins greased to cure a squeak I had. I suppose someone went on break that day and had an unfamiliar person assemble the brake assembly not realizing the pins should be greased. Easy fix while I had the first oil change.

Other than that, I’ve had a couple radio / backup camera glitches that have been pinpointed to remote starting the truck. Unfortunately, they are similar glitches I’ve had on my 14 Ram so I don’t have a lot of confidence it will ever get worked out. First world problems.....

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
The threads describing the issues owners have had came here organically. A thread asking for posts with a certain point of view is not organic. When I analyze Amazon product reviews I ignore all of the positive notes because they are paid for. I only carefully read the negative ones that are recent to understand the true issues of a product. Rah,rah is not needed here. Let people say what they want and do your best to analyze it but don’t try to sway people’s opinions by creating more hubbub or quieting others voices. I 100% use this forum to figure out MSRP and to learn about all of the problems and issues aid the 1500. I hope people’s descriptions of their experiences with the truck are not turned away here because they don’t follow a certain viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/