5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

jamesfg

Reaction score
This goes to show that most of the time you only hear from people when they have a problem.

It's like retail sales or a worker in a call center environment. Complaints are prevalent but when someone or something goes according to plan or gives you exceptional customer service, folks have no time for that nonsense.

Jkurtz

Reaction score
Have 6,000 miles on a Laramie Longhorn. Initially had issues with the 12” screen, but since the software update I have had no problems. Otherwise the truck has been fantastic.

gregbaker1979

Reaction score
Build date 4/12. The only issue I've had was the brake squealing. After the new redesigned brake pads were put on my truck about 1,000 miles ago, I've had zero brake squeals. My truck has about 6,300 miles on it, and absolutely love it.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Mine has been great so far @ 5400 miles. Had a seat clip come lose but dealer fixed and door ding and flat tire which aren’t the trucks fault. My wife drove it home last week after our home opener football game tailgate. She hated driving my Sierra but said that the Ram was easier to drive, rides better and stops better. Actually said she didn’t mind driving it.

jkratze1

Reaction score
2019 Laramie with 2800 miles and no problems at all. I've taken it on a 1200 road trip too. Mine is a May build date. No squealing brakes and no clunk. No Uconnect issues with the 8.4 nav unit. Love my truck.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
Seems like I'm one of the few with a Bighorn, but I absolutely love it! Traded my 2013 F150 in for it and was on a tighter budget and it worked perfectly. I do have a slight noise I can hear at higher speeds with the window open hard to explain, but otherwise that it's a beautiful truck and I catch myself day dreamer about driving it all the time. Just working on upgrading all the lights to leds right now. Interior and 3rd break light are done, working on taillight, next headlights.

sactruck

Reaction score
I also have a Bighorn. I initially had a backup camera that occasionally did not work. The dealer replaced the backup camera and I have had no other problems. I love the truck. It is so much better than the 2015 Sierra that I traded in.

greatrush2112

Reaction score
Loving my truck. 2019 black ext/int Limited with all the options. Ride is amazing, no clunk, 12" Uconnect works great, love the HK speaker system, and I'm the only one in my city that is rolling around in one. I get a lot of longing looks!! My ONLY concern is the lackluster A/C performance. I live in St. George Utah where temps easily hit 110 in the summer. I realize how everyone feels temperature is relative, but I'm a fan of an A/C system that blows icecubes, and my black beauty doesn't. Sorry to be posting a negative on this thread but the A/C performance doesn't seem like a problem to the dealers, and just may be a truck that doesn't have very good A/C.

Last edited:

jschneider910

Reaction score
Just rolled over 4000 miles today. No issues yet. Slight road noise at passenger rear door but nothing that can't wait until my first service. Loving this truck!

Brady_SS

Reaction score
"It reminds me of that fellow back home that fell off a ten story building. As he was falling people on each floor kept hearing him say, "So far, so good.""

At this point I'll say So far, so good...

Happy with my truck.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Brady_SS gets the award for "Most InDepth Sig"... need a nap after reading that!

So far it seemed the Rebels had the least problems... knock on wood... wonder with the addition of the Rebel 12 Edition we'll see more problems pop up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Brady_SS gets the award for "Most InDepth Sig"... need a nap after reading that!

So far it seemed the Rebels had the least problems... knock on wood... wonder with the addition of the Rebel 12 Edition we'll see more problems pop up.
Well, that makes one of us that spent the time to read it ;)

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Like some I have had a few minor issues. However that does not dampen my love for this truck . I look forward to driving it every day. The looks of envy I get when In pull up beside a Chevy or Ford are priceless.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like some I have had a few minor issues. However that does not dampen my love for this truck . I look forward to driving it every day. The looks of envy I get when In pull up beside a Chevy or Ford are priceless.
I pulled up next to a Super Duty while in Off Road mode (equivalent of Off Road 2 on trucks without the Off Road Group). I think he was surprised that my 'little' half-ton stood as tall as that beast he was driving.

illucid

Reaction score
I've had a few minor issues that I half expected being a first year model. But to be honest I still wouldn't have wanted to wait for 2nd year! This truck is absolutely amazing in almost every aspect and I'm sure 99% of these issues people are having will be sorted out soon! IMG_20180921_121408_737.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread