5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's hear about the trouble free trucks

jschneider910

Reaction score
Lots of issues on this board, but I'm betting there's plenty of us that have been mostly trouble free.

2019 Limited here, no issues with the exception of a missing piece of interior trim covering a seat bolt. Dealer immediately fixed.

I'm truly enjoying this truck- 3000 miles in and no glitches, noises, bumps, freezes, or stalls. I've owned one from GM and one from Ford; this is my favorite yet.

Anybody else having a great experience?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than DEALER induced issues, my Laramie is doing fine. Great ride, no funny noises, a great looking truck that runs well. I don't have many miles yet, but I'm not experiencing issues with the truck.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Center cluster went out on day 2, fixed under warranty and no problems since. 1200 miles and loving it more every day!!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely love my Rebel.

It's so solid, so quiet, except when on the gas pedal! I'm getting the urge for a drive just thinking about it.

Have had minor hiccups with the uConnect showing favorites and bad phone reception/sound, but all update-able.

It's going to be a pure joy to install the leveling kit with my son and can't wait to see the new stance it will have. Best truck I have ever owned and the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Couldn't be happier!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Build Date 6/18

Knock on wood but just passed 1k this weekend. I did have to slam my tailgate in the beginning to get rid of the tailgate warning light but it’s fine now, I suppose things just had to get seated. Other than that, not even a radio or bluetooth or anything glitch.

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3,600 miles in and absolutely lovin’ it. Nicest vehicle I’ve owned. The ride, feel , and interior of a luxury car and the looks, room, size, and usefulness of a farm truck. The best of all worlds so far!

sgk

Reaction score
nicest truck/vehicle I've had also. No issues yet. Sure there may be some unaligned panels but its minor and that stuff does not bother me. 2500+km in 3 weeks now.

Dradin

Reaction score
Lots of issues on this board, but I'm betting there's plenty of us that have been mostly trouble free.

2019 Limited here, no issues with the exception of a missing piece of interior trim covering a seat bolt. Dealer immediately fixed.

I'm truly enjoying this truck- 3000 miles in and no glitches, noises, bumps, freezes, or stalls. I've owned one from GM and one from Ford; this is my favorite yet.

Anybody else having a great experience?

You beat me to making this thread. I know a few people in my area who have nothing but extreme positive to say about their 2019 purchases.

I am an engineer and my logical brain kept thinking through sample size and lack of random population on these boards and how it will be skewed to the negative due to upset people being more likely to speak up, folks with a beef against RAM....etc.

Thank you for starting this up to swing the needle back to the positive! I can't wait until mine arrives.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You beat me to making this thread. I know a few people in my area who have nothing but extreme positive to say about their 2019 purchases.

I am an engineer and my logical brain kept thinking through sample size and lack of random population on these boards and how it will be skewed to the negative due to upset people being more likely to speak up, folks with a beef against RAM....etc.

Thank you for starting this up to swing the needle back to the positive! I can't wait until mine arrives.
Totally agree, glad to see this thread!

DeanKing

Reaction score
Also like to see this thread. Have one on order and this forum tells some scary stories. I wish people would post build dates. I am hopeful a lot of the problems were early production. Ram had well publicized quality issues that caused a lot of delays and production stops and starts.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also like to see this thread. Have one on order and this forum tells some scary stories. I wish people would post build dates. I am hopeful a lot of the problems were early production. Ram had well publicized quality issues that caused a lot of delays and production stops and starts.

I just updated my post. This is something I thought about as well and wished people would post their build dates to see if issues could be isolated in some fashion.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Build date 7/18 Limited eTorque. Only have about 480 miles on it. Other than the rear passenger seat not reclining (haven't had time to take it in yet) and the 12" uConnect freeezing one time (stop/ restart) fixed it, I haven't had any issues.

Loving my new truck! :)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had some really minor issues to address (discussed on other threads), but I'm loving the truck thus far. I'm not regretting a single thing about our choices (from the fact that we picked a 2019 Ram to the specific features we ordered on our Longhorn). Driving the truck is like playing a video game, between the 12" screen and various safety features (LaneSense, Adaptive Cruise Control, etc.).

If this truck proves to be reliable, I'm hoping we'll have it a long, long time.

Users who are viewing this thread