5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED tail lights cracking

retho78

Reaction score
The service advisor is hoping FCA will approve the warranty to replace the tail lights. The forman thinks it will be approved, so I have my fingers crossed.

retho78

Reaction score
I have great news! FCA approved the warranty to replace the tail lights so, the dealership have ordered new ones.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have great news! FCA approved the warranty to replace the tail lights so, the dealership have ordered new ones.

So glad to hear this update, @retho78. Thank you for sharing! If your dealer experiences any delays receiving the taillights, please do not hesitate to follow up with me so I can get you set up for further support on it.

Mark
RamCares

retho78

Reaction score
So glad to hear this update, @retho78. Thank you for sharing! If your dealer experiences any delays receiving the taillights, please do not hesitate to follow up with me so I can get you set up for further support on it.

Mark
RamCares
Will do, thanks!

retho78

Reaction score
Dropping of the truck Monday to replace the tail lights.

retho78

Reaction score
New tail lights installed this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_133830.jpg
    IMG_20200323_133830.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20200323_133822.jpg
    IMG_20200323_133822.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20200323_134516__01.jpg
    IMG_20200323_134516__01.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 203

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Glad to hear FCA stepped up and fixed this. I just came across this thread, and haven't checked mine yet. I just washed my truck by hand yesterday and didn't notice any issues with the tail lights. But as water may mask this problem I'll have to take a look when I get home from work today.

retho78

Reaction score
Glad to hear FCA stepped up and fixed this. I just came across this thread, and haven't checked mine yet. I just washed my truck by hand yesterday and didn't notice any issues with the tail lights. But as water may mask this problem I'll have to take a look when I get home from work today.
I am very happy too and the dealership service department was excellent in helping to get this resolved quickly!

retho78

Reaction score
So I did an online search with the part numbers listed on the receipt and it appears they have changed the numbers. Could it be an update to the lights and how it's manufactured?

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score

Please be sure to keep us updated, @mikeru82. We are happy to provide you with additional support if this is something you end up needing to address further!

Mark
RamCares

U

User_18352

Both of my taillights have these hairline cracks as well, I noticed the day after I took delivery. I figured it was some sort of harmless defect, I didn't investigate further. Wonder if my dealer would try to replace them under warranty? I really don't want to have to replace taillights any time soon.

retho78

Reaction score
Both of my taillights have these hairline cracks as well, I noticed the day after I took delivery. I figured it was some sort of harmless defect, I didn't investigate further. Wonder if my dealer would try to replace them under warranty? I really don't want to have to replace taillights any time soon.
I would say take it in since you are under warranty.

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi @Adam4812 - Please be sure to follow up with us via private message if you decide to address this with your dealer. We are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process if needed.

Mark
RamCares

tainui

Reaction score
Mine has the same. Worse on passenger side than drivers side but both and in the same places as the OP. My dealership (Napleton's Ram, Northlake Ave, Palm Beach Gardens, FL) accused me of "physical damage" and rejected any claim. I'm waiting for an escalation because there's nothing I can do to physically damage the adhesion between two parts, from the inside out.

Not happy. 1 yr anniversary of the truck was last month, 16k miles.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to check mine + might as well give the headlights a good looking over...

Unfortunately my taillight was cracked by someone who didn't leave a note at the local hardware store, so I'm replacing it anyway (and OMG they're expensive).

ak_andy

Reaction score
One of you should talk them into letting you keep the old tails... you know, for science. ( I don't want to pay $800)

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of you should talk them into letting you keep the old tails... you know, for science. ( I don't want to pay $800)
lol well I'm getting insurance to cover my Left tail... so if you're looking for a left led tail for science, I'll have one hah. gotta check on the right side today

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely some kind of defect for these lights. When I wash the truck, I can see water getting in the crack and fills the gap making it look like there are no cracks. When it dries out the crack reappears.
same thing on my rear passenger Tail Light... Beat Street

tainui

Reaction score
Quoted me $1.651.00 for replacing the failing tail lights. Not covered by warranty.
No phone calls. No follow up. No discussion. Just an invoice for service if I want it. Does the forum have a corporate contact for addressing issues like this?.

Attachments

• 1A8C0C8C-F4E4-48C5-A1B3-63C731D1DD97.jpeg
    1A8C0C8C-F4E4-48C5-A1B3-63C731D1DD97.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 162
  • D74C9C5E-7161-46BC-B2A0-4F03694A18BC.jpeg
    D74C9C5E-7161-46BC-B2A0-4F03694A18BC.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread