5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest (tallest) tire on 2020 limited 22" rims (with air suspension)

Popp

Reaction score
Here you go...
Again, these are 33x12.5R22 Nitto Terra Grappler's. I had the OEM wheels powder coated in "ink" colored polished black.

I have plans to add 2 inch spacers and a 2 inch leveling kit.

View attachment 38855 View attachment 38854 View attachment 38843 View attachment 38845 View attachment 38847 View attachment 38850 View attachment 38851 View attachment 38852 View attachment 38853

Was their any prep work involved to powder coat? Aren’t the chrome insert plastic chrome plated? Very hard to powder coat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H4vok

Reaction score
So, got the LT 285/55r22 10ply Nitto Ridge Grapplers put on. THEY LOOK AWESOME. But they definitely rub on hard turns. Even with the BORA spacers which has already been on for months. Not hitting the UAC’s at all, thanks to the BORA’s. Had to remove the tiny little mud flap plastic pieces, would like to get eventually put them back on because I kind of dig the little flared look.
Read other posts by people running this same size tire who stated they have no rubbing issues with the stock suspension...:cautious: The 285/55r22 is a 34.6 inch tire... should have known better lol.
But its still totally drivable but don’t like the rubbing noise when pulling into parking spaces.
So long story short, did a ton of research last 5 days and I am going to order the ZONE 6 inch lift tomorrow from Custom Offsets. Went with Zone simply because of my 22 inch wheels. I LOVE the stock 22’s. BUT... RAM has a larger hub installed on the trucks with the 22 inch rims... Have no idea why but that's the way they did it...:rolleyes: the ZONE lift looks and sounds pretty awesome, and has great reviews. I spent a lot of time on youtube and making calls to MaxTrack(used them 2 trucks ago, awesome company), CST, BDS, Cognito, etc...
Most advised I would need to replace the hub’s to install their lifts which I did not want to waste money and time on. The ZONE 6 inch lift has an option(D73N) for bigger knuckles specifically for the new RAM’s with the large hubs and 22 inch wheels, and comes with the FOX 2.0 shocks.
The pics below are of the Ridge Grapplers w/o the lift, and the lift kit. Will post pics after lift gets installed. B1966EE4-98DB-4ED3-A3E2-C9ECEEBF5FC4.jpeg A3168BB6-0E53-48A2-BDF5-A5972E04C659.jpeg 4C1AA9BA-CE63-4D51-96CB-26E7ECB10A90.jpeg DE50F43A-792A-472E-BD8F-AD186A28D8C0.jpeg 96DE88C0-E075-4FFC-8204-A3723635475F.jpeg 38E21201-EC20-44BE-BD4D-25FF184BFBE7.jpeg

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
So, got the LT 285/55r22 10ply Nitto Ridge Grapplers put on. THEY LOOK AWESOME. But they definitely rub on hard turns. Even with the BORA spacers which has already been on for months. Not hitting the UAC’s at all, thanks to the BORA’s. Had to remove the tiny little mud flap plastic pieces, would like to get eventually put them back on because I kind of dig the little flared look.
Read other posts by people running this same size tire who stated they have no rubbing issues with the stock suspension...:cautious: The 285/55r22 is a 34.6 inch tire... should have known better lol.
But its still totally drivable but don’t like the rubbing noise when pulling into parking spaces.
So long story short, did a ton of research last 5 days and I am going to order the ZONE 6 inch lift tomorrow from Custom Offsets. Went with Zone simply because of my 22 inch wheels. I LOVE the stock 22’s. BUT... RAM has a larger hub installed on the trucks with the 22 inch rims... Have no idea why but that's the way they did it...:rolleyes: the ZONE lift looks and sounds pretty awesome, and has great reviews. I spent a lot of time on youtube and making calls to MaxTrack(used them 2 trucks ago, awesome company), CST, BDS, Cognito, etc...
Most advised I would need to replace the hub’s to install their lifts which I did not want to waste money and time on. The ZONE 6 inch lift has an option(D73N) for bigger knuckles specifically for the new RAM’s with the large hubs and 22 inch wheels, and comes with the FOX 2.0 shocks.
The pics below are of the Ridge Grapplers w/o the lift, and the lift kit. Will post pics after lift gets installed. View attachment 66321 View attachment 66322 View attachment 66323 View attachment 66326 View attachment 66327 View attachment 66328

So you installed the 285/55/22 without any leveling or lift kit ?

H4vok

Reaction score

Yes. Impulsive decision I might add. Like I said it has rubbing issues. Drivable, but annoying lol.
The 285/50r22 tire might not rub though. Also, this truck isn’t a daily driver. It has like 6000 miles and I’ve had it almost a year and a half. I took a chance. But if your truck is a daily driver, and not looking to put a lift on anytime soon, definitely go with a smaller size. lol

Last edited:

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Yes. Impulsive decision I might add. Like I said it has rubbing issues. Drivable, but annoying lol.
The 285/50r22 tire might not rub though. Also, this truck isn’t a daily driver. It has like 6000 miles and I’ve had it almost a year and a half. I took a chance. But if your truck is a daily driver, and not looking to put a lift on anytime soon, definitely go with a smaller size. lol

I am planning on the exactly the same tires, but with the Mopar 2” lift kit, and I am still worry about rubbing. But hopefully it won’t.
How do you like the tires, are they loud on the highway?

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score

And the truck is as my daily driver, under a year, and almost 30 k but kilometers.

H4vok

Reaction score
I am planning on the exactly the same tires, but with the Mopar 2” lift kit, and I am still worry about rubbing. But hopefully it won’t.
How do you like the tires, are they loud on the highway?

Not at all. You can def hear them but they are super quiet for all terrains. Ridge Grapplers get awesome reviews and are even better than the Terra Grappler G2’s.

H4vok

Reaction score

Sure did. Only because it's not my daily driver. Also didn't want to be disappointed once I lifted it.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I got 35x12.50R20 Ridge Grapplers with Fuel Maverick Anthracite wheels (20x9 +1) yesterday. I have a 2020 Limited. I do not have the ORG. They are obviously a stiffer ride than stock, louder too, but not uncomfortably so. I can still hear the annoying bass rattle more than I can the tires...

They fit without a lift, but rub at full lock in reverse. I would not recommend running them like this indefinitely, they are super tight. I have a BDS 4" lift scheduled to go on next week.

Also, Discount did match the online 352 price, but I wasn't aware of the 3/1 offer. I plan to ask them if they will retroactively honor it. Will let everyone know what they say.
I know this is an older post but do you have pictures of your truck with the 4"bds lift and 35s?...cant figure out if I wanna go 4" or 6"...prefer to stay with 35s apposed to 37s but feel like the 6" lift needs more tire than a 35"

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a firmer ride for sure. if you’re trying to keep the stock luxury ride dont go too big. If you can stay away from the 10 ply the ride would be closer to stock. I love the way they look but if I could do it over I’d get the Nitto 420V’s to keep that luxurious ride
I like the Nitto 420V but the mileage is kinda crappy also since my tires are already in the yellow at a little over 13 months. I do tow really heavy and have 19K on them...

Oscar M

Reaction score
Do u think a 285/50 tire on stock 22s will fit without rubbing if i get the BDS 2inch coilover leveling kit? I love the stock 22s and don’t wanna buy new wheels.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Your avatar doesn't do this justice. Please take a few close-up pics and better side pics so we can see the real look of the truck with the 33's on her.

Did you have to recalibrate to get an accurate speed on the speedo?
I have a pulsar installed so recalibration was easy. I'll try and get some pics up later.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine in size 35x12.50 fitment sucked, in my ownership opinion lol.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
How are they with rain or snow?
I had them on my '09 Ram back in Colorado and I was very happy with their performance in snow and ice. They are sure footed and have tremendous grip, but also a decent tread life.

Users who are viewing this thread