5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie discount question

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you like the seats in the Laramie? I've never had leather except for those Katzkin's replacement.
I do like them - being in the Midwest I appreciate the heated and ventilated functions and was surprised how nice the ventilation is. I also like the keyless proximity entry you can't get in a BH.

U

User_3336

I would go with the Laramie if I was looking at which vehicle would have a higher resale value. Especially if you trade in every few years. The BTS colors this model year are offered on most trims. If the BTS was offered in ceramic grey again I would probably choose the BTS because of the limited amount of rams on the road with that color. Plus, I really like the color.
Considering a 66,000 truck is discounted to 53,000, I'd say it would hold its resale value. Of course, every RAM had a price increase from 22 to 23, Even a Big Horn with a Hemi had a hefty 4K price shock.

But since the Laramie is discounted higher, its hard to say if that will be taken into consideration when it comes to resale.

A 23 Big Horn dives about 4,000 the moment you drive it off the lot.

U

User_3336

I do like them - being in the Midwest I appreciate the heated and ventilated functions and was surprised how nice the ventilation is. I also like the keyless proximity entry you can't get in a BH.
The Laramie does have some nice perks. I just never had leather seats. Guess I'll just have to check it out.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought that as well at 1st - perhaps he was correcting spelling etc. Then I realized he is just offering his though that the Laramie is the better deal. Unless you have a strong preference for the special color or uniqueness of the BTS I would agree. I had a BH and them switched to a Laramie and I won't go back.
lol, I was adding some comments and realized I was repeating what was already said- so I just answered with the simple one word but It would seem he would enjoy a Laramie more so to me that is his clear choice. Also somebody mentioned the ventilated seats - that is an option I would have love to have
And last since not so long ago he was the owner of a tradesman, a BTS might remind him of that truck too much on the exterior unless he body paints the grill

U

User_3336

lar1.jpg

lar2.jpg

I've always like the Delmonico Red. Normally I hate chrome, but I think the grille makes it look better on here.
This isn't the most fancy Laramie you could have bought (like has the 18 inch wheels), but still nice equipped inside with the leather and 12 UC5. I would have preferred the mirrors be body color, just like the door handles. lar3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
lol, I was adding some comments and realized I was repeating what was already said- so I just answered with the simple one word but It would seem he would enjoy a Laramie more so to me that is his clear choice. Also somebody mentioned the ventilated seats - that is an option I would have love to have
And last since not so long ago he was the owner of a tradesman, a BTS might remind him of that truck too much on the exterior unless he body paints the grill
I've had ventilated seats in a couple vehicles. They don't really do much. I definitely wouldn't pick one vehicle over another to get them.

U

User_3336

I've had ventilated seats in a couple vehicles. They don't really do much. I definitely wouldn't pick one vehicle over another to get them.
Guess it would depend on the perforations in the leather surface. Its hard to see the Laramie leather in pictures up close.
Long time ago, had a Lincoln MKZ that had the ventilated seats. It was actually hundreds of little holes in the fabric, could definitely feel a breeze there! LOL

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess it would depend on the perforations in the leather surface. Its hard to see the Laramie leather in pictures up close.
Long time ago, had a Lincoln MKZ that had the ventilated seats. It was actually hundreds of little holes in the fabric, could definitely feel a breeze there! LOL
That is how my Laramie is - definitely can feel the cooling.

6of36

Reaction score
They have the hundreds of little holes. If you hold your hand over it you can barely feel any air, and when you sit on them, you block the holes. They don't really cool at all.

biohazard

Reaction score
I am curious how you guys sell as low as you do and still make any profit - assume it has to do with volume?

Not speaking specifically about Mark Dodge, but these days most dealers are making their profits from the finance office -- extended warranties (esp third party), gap insurance, third party financing, paint protection plans, maintenance plans, etc.
The dealer will get a "commission" of sorts by steering the buyer to certain vendors. Why do you think most dealerships are investing in docuPads (those oversized touchscreen tablets) for the F&I office? Because that's where the money is.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not speaking specifically about Mark Dodge, but these days most dealers are making their profits from the finance office -- extended warranties (esp third party), gap insurance, third party financing, paint protection plans, maintenance plans, etc.
The dealer will get a "commission" of sorts by steering the buyer to certain vendors. Why do you think most dealerships are investing in docuPads (those oversized touchscreen tablets) for the F&I office? Because that's where the money is.
I haven't check this year but last year and 2021 there wasn't any dealer in ny area that wouldn't have add ons, wheel locks, paint proteccion and other things like you mentioned

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 158974

View attachment 158975

I've always like the Delmonico Red. Normally I hate chrome, but I think the grille makes it look better on here.
This isn't the most fancy Laramie you could have bought (like has the 18 inch wheels), but still nice equipped inside with the leather and 12 UC5. I would have preferred the mirrors be body color, just like the door handles. View attachment 158976
That's a great paint color and agree with you on the mirrors

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark Dodge is combining their 13% off regular discount, with the Ram 10% on Laramies right now. Plus the 1% affiliate. They are selling at 24% off on Laramies. Even the sales people selling for 20+ years, said they have never seen Laramie deals like this.
Just wait until the economy crashes.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 158974

View attachment 158975

This isn't the most fancy Laramie you could have bought (like has the 18 inch wheels), but still nice equipped inside with the leather and 12 UC5. I would have preferred the mirrors be body color, just like the door handles. View attachment 158976

I recently switched my mirror covers to body color. $75 and 20 minutes to do both sides (once figure out how but there are videos online and threads on here if you search).

6of36

Reaction score
I haven't check this year but last year and 2021 there wasn't any dealer in ny area that wouldn't have add ons, wheel locks, paint proteccion and other things like you mentioned
The only add ons dealers around me may add on is wheel locks to prevent theft on their lot.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contraryt to others experience the ventilated seats in my Laramie work great and sometimes actually are too cold! Regarding dealer add-ons I haven't experienced that in my area at least in terms of things added on before you get to the finance office. Once they think you have a deal and you fgo to sign the paperwork in the finance office they often try to hard sell on warranty, rainx, rust protection, fabric protection, underbody etc. I tell them before I leave the sales manager desk to go to finance we need to have all the numbers agreed to and I am not taking nay extras and if you waste my time I may just leave. Sometimes that works and sometimes they still try to sell extras and I have to stand up to get them to shut up! I don't fault a dealership for trying to make a profit - they are a business, I just don't like to waste our time.

biohazard

Reaction score
The only add ons dealers around me may add on is wheel locks to prevent theft on their lot.

It's not just the add-ons like wheel locks or door edge guards. That's bush league.

The dealer might steer you to finance with a certain bank, which will then give the dealership a commission in return.
Same with wheel-and-tire warranties and extended vehicle warranties, which the dealership will gladly add to your loan. Of course your loan is now bigger, which means even more commission to the dealer.
What happens in the finance office generates a lot of the dealers profits these days.

Dewey

Reaction score
Nitrogen filled tires with the green valve stem cap was always my favorite. A local dealer had that as an add on listed on every single new vehicle. Haven’t seen that ripoff for awhile. I woulda told them to let it out and fill with free air.😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online