5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie discount question

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue if they are going to run the 10% discount on the big horns at any point?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am seeing very good discounts in CA for both the big horns and laramie - seems like its being to apply to both,

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue if they are going to run the 10% discount on the big horns at any point?
I doubt it. They run different deals on Big Horns all the time. It is lucky if they run a Laramie deal once a year. I have never seen a Laramie deal this good before.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt it. They run different deals on Big Horns all the time. It is lucky if they run a Laramie deal once a year. I have never seen a Laramie deal this good before.
agree never seen such a deal on a laramie, but it sure seems this guys are doing the discounts on the big horns as well.
there is a BTS for 43k - of course once you actually start the buying process it could be false advertising, or it doesn't qualify -, etc

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
The best deal I’ve seen on a BTS is around 53k out the door. I saw the dealer in Florida with the 43k price but that includes all the rebates most people don’t qualify for. The best deal I’ve seen is $51k on a Laramie with a $69,000 MSRP. That was totally legit. TTL out the door was $54k.

U

User_3336

agree never seen such a deal on a laramie, but it sure seems this guys are doing the discounts on the big horns as well.
there is a BTS for 43k - of course once you actually start the buying process it could be false advertising, or it doesn't qualify -, etc

you will NEVER EVER see a BTS for that period. For one, There are not $8,000 of rebates on one of them.

Right now, its about $3,000 (4,000 if you have a $1000 bonus offer). A 6,000 dealer discount might be possible, because Landers in Alabama is giving it.

That $8,000 in rebates is EVERY POSSIBLE CONCEIVABLE rebate possible, and no one will ever ever ever qualify for all of them, period. That's highly deceptive to advertise like that. there are about three of those listed which aren't even compatible (finance rebates, can't mix a non-prime with a regular one, etc etc).

And oh lord, that BTS is a V6, what a waste.

In fact, I did drive a BTS here in TN today, nice truck, It was a Hemi. I wish they would have put a 3.92 axle ratio on it (its got everything else). It rode very smooth with the ORG group. Wish it had at least the UC5 NAV or the 12 incher for the price point. I can't say i'm a fan of the black matte grille and bumper. Looks like a Tradesman. It needed at least the Night Grille. @ 60,305 it was nicely equipped, but could have been better.
Invoice was $54,611 (which was $5691 off). I did like the Hydro Blue though. It was tempting to trade, just not enough goodies to push me over the edge.

U

User_3336

The best deal I’ve seen on a BTS is around 53k out the door. I saw the dealer in Florida with the 43k price but that includes all the rebates most people don’t qualify for. The best deal I’ve seen is $51k on a Laramie with a $69,000 MSRP. That was totally legit. TTL out the door was $54k.
a 60,305 BTS invoices @ 54,611. About $4K in rebates is all I've seen.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
depending how either one is equip. both seem great out the door prices.
The BTS might be more unique but my guess is resale value would be better on the Laramie.

U

User_3336

depending how either one is equip. both seem great out the door prices.
The BTS might be more unique but my guess is resale value would be better on the Laramie.
The BTS is just a different trim level. Its basically a differently configured Big Horn.

If you compared a Night beside a BTS, very similar in options and price.

The seats in the BTS are definitely unique. Most of the other options you can configure in a Big Horn.

It will be interesting if the BTS holds its resale value. Most trade-in configurators don't have the BTS as a package to select. You'd just have to choose the individual options (such as BH level B, led lighting, etc etc etc).

I am not sure how a BTS would hold a higher resale value than a Laramie, similar equipped.

BTS resale value will be lower simply because it is a Big Horn and of the price point originally, and that rebates are ALWAYS there on the Big Horn.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you will NEVER EVER see a BTS for that period. For one, There are not $8,000 of rebates on one of them.

Right now, its about $3,000 (4,000 if you have a $1000 bonus offer). A 6,000 dealer discount might be possible, because Landers in Alabama is giving it.

That $8,000 in rebates is EVERY POSSIBLE CONCEIVABLE rebate possible, and no one will ever ever ever qualify for all of them, period. That's highly deceptive to advertise like that. there are about three of those listed which aren't even compatible (finance rebates, can't mix a non-prime with a regular one, etc etc).

And oh lord, that BTS is a V6, what a waste.

In fact, I did drive a BTS here in TN today, nice truck, It was a Hemi. I wish they would have put a 3.92 axle ratio on it (its got everything else). It rode very smooth with the ORG group. Wish it had at least the UC5 NAV or the 12 incher for the price point. I can't say i'm a fan of the black matte grille and bumper. Looks like a Tradesman. It needed at least the Night Grille. @ 60,305 it was nicely equipped, but could have been better.
Invoice was $54,611 (which was $5691 off). I did like the Hydro Blue though. It was tempting to trade, just not enough goodies to push me over the edge.
I wouldn't go as far saying never ever, its turning into a buyer's market. A member recently got a Laramie and claims to have gotten 17k off. He didn't show any paperwork but that is his word and I am not gonna question if he really did. I am happy for him if he go that great of a deal.
I agree that a BTS v8 and all the goodies might be pretty impossible at 43k but there is a buyer for everything and a v6 while a waste to you, me and many others is perfectly fine for some.
let's do a hypothetical scenario in which they flip the offer
@60305
- 6000 10%
- 6000 dealer discount
- 2000 trade in assist (i have seen this between 1-2K at different times)
- 1000 finance thru Chrysler capital (500-1000 is the norm)

45K pending taxes, tittle, etc

not a bad deal

As I seem to remember back in 2020 some member's got their BTS better equip than now around this amount - again things are turning, we shall see - you could be very well correct and no way in hell we see a BTS for 43K

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The BTS is just a different trim level. Its basically a differently configured Big Horn.

If you compared a Night beside a BTS, very similar in options and price.

The seats in the BTS are definitely unique. Most of the other options you can configure in a Big Horn.

It will be interesting if the BTS holds its resale value. Most trade-in configurators don't have the BTS as a package to select. You'd just have to choose the individual options (such as BH level B, led lighting, etc etc etc).

I am not sure how a BTS would hold a higher resale value than a Laramie, similar equipped.

BTS resale value will be lower simply because it is a Big Horn and of the price point originally, and that rebates are ALWAYS there on the Big Horn.
It should be a sure thing that the Laramie will hold is value over the BTS - as you noted a BTS is still just a big horn
Some of the colors a very unique as well on the BTS
You can look at it in different ways.
As a buyer in my case when I got my 2021, the value was easily on the BTS, better equip and less money than many Laramie's and the color was and still is rare, also 5K off msrp and 0% interest
Now if we are in a mindset of only looking at the trim level - you might end of with less options for more money but maybe you make up for it if you plan on only keeping it for a few years and selling it - it depend on each buyer
Now the OP has not really confirm but going back to his original question it kind of seems like he wants to spend the less amount of money since he ask if the discount was being apply to a big horn, - if that is the case I would wait it out - otherwise he should jump on a Laramie

U

User_3336

I wouldn't go as far saying never ever, its turning into a buyer's market. A member recently got a Laramie and claims to have gotten 17k off. He didn't show any paperwork but that is his word and I am not gonna question if he really did. I am happy for him if he go that great of a deal.
I agree that a BTS v8 and all the goodies might be pretty impossible at 43k but there is a buyer for everything and a v6 while a waste to you, me and many others is perfectly fine for some.
let's do a hypothetical scenario in which they flip the offer
@60305
- 6000 10%
- 6000 dealer discount
- 2000 trade in assist (i have seen this between 1-2K at different times)
- 1000 finance thru Chrysler capital (500-1000 is the norm)

45K pending taxes, tittle, etc

not a bad deal

As I seem to remember back in 2020 some member's got their BTS better equip than now around this amount - again things are turning, we shall see - you could be very well correct and no way in hell we see a BTS for 43K
Laramie @ 17% off. HMMM. Lots of people post and rave and "CLAIM" they got masssive discounts, but we usually question them when its out of the norm for what everyone else could get. they surely get defensive when we question it, and ask them to share their deal paperwork.

I haven't see trade-assist in a while. There are sometimes loyalty or conquest rebates. there is the 1,000 Bonus Cash popup which is pretty easy to obtain. sometimes the dealer has "incentive coupons" of $250 each they can use to seal a deal (based off sales #'s).

Dealer here was offering $54,711 (which I seen with my own eyes on the POC sheet), that was invoice.

Rebates were $4,000 (3,000 plus 1000 bonus), and dealer offered $500 in bonus coupons., so $4500 total.

So that is the BEST offer I've seen on a BTS. $50,211.......So, That's somewhere in the 17% off range.

P.S. It appears there is an extra $1500 in Chrysler Capital rebate cash (But I didn't include that because not everyone would qualify or finance).... I was referring to RAW discounts and rebates.

U

User_3336

It should be a sure thing that the Laramie will hold is value over the BTS - as you noted a BTS is still just a big horn
As a buyer in my case when I got my 2021, the value was easily on the BTS, better equip and less money than many Laramie's and the color was and still is rare, also 5K off msrp and 0% interest
Now if we are in a mindset of only looking at the trim level - you might end of with less options for more money but maybe you make up for it if you plan on only keeping it for a few years and selling it - it depend on each buyer
Now the OP has not really confirm but going back to his original question it kind of seems like he wants to spend the less amount of money since he ask if the discount was being apply to a big horn, - if that is the case I would wait it out - otherwise he should jump on a Laramie
Dealer here would probably have sold a Laramie @ invoice, but it was so much more $$$$ wise, you'd would have to WANTED that trim level.

I've only seen the Hydro Blue and White BTS's here. I believe there were several other colors when it debuted.
I think these were EMS BTS editions. There was a Firefighter edition as well.

U

User_3336

This is all I see in a Laramie.

$3,000 Cash Allowance
ON 2023 RAM 1500 LARAMIE® CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
Incentive TypeIncentive Value
  • 2023 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash 23CP5 ( Disclosure19)
    $1,000
  • Bonus Cash ( Disclosure20)
    $2,000

Total Cash Allowance
$3,000

************************************************************************************

or 10% off

*************************************************************************************

Offers can NOT be combined

6of36

Reaction score
Laramie @ 17% off. HMMM. Lots of people post and rave and "CLAIM" they got masssive discounts, but we usually question them when its out of the norm for what everyone else could get. they surely get defensive when we question it, and ask them to share their deal paperwork.

I haven't see trade-assist in a while. There are sometimes loyalty or conquest rebates. there is the 1,000 Bonus Cash popup which is pretty easy to obtain. sometimes the dealer has "incentive coupons" of $250 each they can use to seal a deal (based off sales #'s).

Dealer here was offering $54,711 (which I seen with my own eyes on the POC sheet), that was invoice.

Rebates were $4,000 (3,000 plus 1000 bonus), and dealer offered $500 in bonus coupons., so $4500 total.

So that is the BEST offer I've seen on a BTS. $50,211.......So, That's somewhere in the 17% off range.

P.S. It appears there is an extra $1500 in Chrysler Capital rebate cash (But I didn't include that because not everyone would qualify or finance).... I was referring to RAW discounts and rebates.
Mark Dodge is combining their 13% off regular discount, with the Ram 10% on Laramies right now. Plus the 1% affiliate. They are selling at 24% off on Laramies. Even the sales people selling for 20+ years, said they have never seen Laramie deals like this.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Mark Dodge is combining their 13% off regular discount, with the Ram 10% on Laramies right now. Plus the 1% affiliate. They are selling at 25% off on Laramies. Even the sales people selling for 20+ years, said they have never seen Laramie deals like this.
13% off is most likely already below affiliate pricing. Aff pricing is invoice + 1% I believe.

6of36

Reaction score
13% off is most likely already below affiliate pricing. Aff pricing is invoice + 1% I believe.
Check out their post. With affiliate 24%. First post was wrong, I can't add, lol. I will edit.

U

User_3336

@ 24% a BTS would be at 45828. Not sure where they are coming up with all these discounts. That's an extra $4000 over the best deal I've seen.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Good catch. Yea the deals are crazy right now but I want to end up around 40k and not 50k. If they go to the 10% discount on Big Horns I think that will get me where I want. I want a well equipped big horn.

Users who are viewing this thread