5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Shocks/Coil Overs came in!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by filthy motorsports that my lead time would be 5-7 weeks as the shocks were built to order but they only took 2 weeks! I'm stoked on installing them on my Rebel set at a 1.5" taller than stock(2.5 taller than non offroad ram).Too bad my truck will be at the body shop getting repairs for about two weeks.I also purchased a BDS UCA the same day but it only took about 4 days to arrive. I will be pairing it with this kit and I'll be doing a thorough review as I still have not seen a good review on youtube strangely enough.... especially on a ram. 20200708_230811.jpg 20200708_231312.jpg

Last edited:

kliffy77

Reaction score
Congratulations, Please keep us updated, I'm very much interested in this kit, Can i have the part number for the 19+ Rebel? Thanks!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations, Please keep us updated, I'm very much interested in this kit, Can i have the part number for the 19+ Rebel? Thanks!

This is where I purchased them from. Ben Braza is a really nice dude. He will tell you straight up if something is not necessary within the options listed on the website. I initially paid for custom valving and a 1"+ extended strut to get a 3" lift on the rebel but he gave me a call the next day and said he wouldn't reccomend the extended strut and said the valving wasn't necessary either if I dont have any permanent weight. Instead he told me that I should add compression adjusters in the rear( I had already purchased front compression adjusters) in case I ever go on a trail run with some weight in the back such as my atv. So it was pretty cool that they sell you the right product the first time. Total cost for the kings $3,340 and the BDS UCA was $780.

Last edited:

kliffy77

Reaction score

This is where I purchased them from. Ben Braza is a really nice dude. He will tell you straight up if something is not necessary within this options listed on the website. I initially paid for custom valving and a 1"+ extended strut to get a 3" lift on the rebel but he gave me a call the next day and said he wouldn't reccomend the extended strut and said the valving wasn't necessary either if I dont have any permanent weight. Instead he told me that I should addcompression adjusters in the rear( I had already purchased front compression adjusters) in case I ever go on a trail run with some weight in the back such as my atv. So it was pretty cool that they sell you the right product the first time. Total cost for the kings $3,340 and the BDS UCA was $780.

Thanks Lxvsocal! appreciate your informative reply, Once you have your truck back please post here about these shocks & your impression.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you gain a lift?
Yes. I had installed the readylift 2" spacer lift with upper control arms when they had just came out but it only gave me about 1.25" of lift. My center of hub to bottom of fender measured 23.25 when a non leveleved rebel is arlund 22". These are made to give you 24" from center of hub to bottom of fender while still having great performance. This is coming from Ben Braza the owner of filthy motorsports Screenshot_20200710-183505_Gmail.jpg

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Yes. I had installed the readylift 2" spacer lift with upper control arms when they had just came out but it only gave me about 1.25" of lift. My center of hub to bottom of fender measured 23.25 when a non leveleved rebel is arlund 22". These are made to give you 24" from center of hub to bottom of fender while still having great performance. This is coming from Ben Braza the owner of filthy motorsports View attachment 61489
Ah gotcha. Interesting. So your rear is spaced lifted still?

Bestcoast

Reaction score
Yes the rear is +1" from factory still just has king piggyback shocks now
How do you find the valving from king on those? Thuren sells a king kit too with his custom valving for about $2500.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you find the valving from king on those? Thuren sells a king kit too with his custom valving for about $2500.
King sells them tuned at pretty much what would be Thurens stage 4(If you add compression adjusters) and at a stage 3 with out the adjusters. Im not sure if paying that extra money for a couple of shims is worth it. Ben Braza is also an expert at valving and he didn't reccomend me touching the valving because the compression adjusters would be enough for my needs.

Last edited:

Bestcoast

Reaction score
I had thuren stage 3 on my 2500 and it was a great balance for a daily driver. I’m glad to hear that for sure. I’m not sure the 1500 needs valving that stiff though.
King sells them tuned at pretty much what would be Thurens stage 2(If you add compression adjusters). Im not sure if paying that extra money is worth it. Ben Braza is also an expert at valving and he didn't reccomend me touching the valving because the compression adjusters would be enough for my needs.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Any update on this? I am greatly interested in the performance of the Kings both on and off road. Pics would be great!

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
I ordered stage 4 valved kings with compression adjusters from Thuren yesterday. With the type of trails and 4 wheeling we have down here in the southwest (so. Cal. / Arizona) the stage 4 valving should be perfect.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any update on this? I am greatly interested in the performance of the Kings both on and off road. Pics would be great!
I havent had a chance to take my truck out since its at the body shop getting a bed skin replacement and the skins are back ordered

U

User_21361

When you get it back, any details on the on-road quality would be awesome. I am running Bilstien 5100 and I find the highway bumps way too jarring. I am considering an upgrade. Also, how much height did you actually get with this setup over stock (front and rear)

Users who are viewing this thread