5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Shocks/Coil Overs came in!

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
You could go with the BDS kit (4 inch.) or Fox DSC (2-3 inch.)
the fox 2-3 was my original plan until i saw these. I personally think they look better and have always wanted kings. i only want an extra half inch than what you got maybe I could put a half inch spacer on top of the strut hat. also I would think we would need the 600lb spring seeing as these are intended for non rebel rams and the rebel is quite a bit heavier. maybe it wouldn't have settled if going with 600lb spring? I wouldn't mind paying the 300$ for custom length either if gaining that half inch was possible that way. i also really like how the king rears are inverted so you can actually see them as the fox is standard only making the rod visible in the rear.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
the fox 2-3 was my original plan until i saw these. I personally think they look better and have always wanted kings. i only want an extra half inch than what you got maybe I could put a half inch spacer on top of the strut hat. also I would think we would need the 600lb spring seeing as these are intended for non rebel rams and the rebel is quite a bit heavier. maybe it wouldn't have settled if going with 600lb spring? I wouldn't mind paying the 300$ for custom length either if gaining that half inch was possible that way. i also really like how the king rears are inverted so you can actually see them as the fox is standard only making the rod visible in the rear.
Fox's are set up like this. I have them installed now. They have to be so you can adjust the high and low speed dampening with the OEM wheel well liners in.
PXL_20210123_022649401.jpg

Last edited:

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so if im looking for a 2-2.5 over rebel height ide have to get custom length correct? ideally 2in after settling
Go with a kit that provides a diff drop. You'll bust your cv axles eventually going 2.5" over rebel height. Also, all springs will settle regardless. The 500lb spring is perfect.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Fox's are set up like this. I have them installed now. They have to be so you can adjust the high and low speed dampening with the OEM wheel well liners in.
View attachment 80543
i
Go with a kit that provides a diff drop. You'll bust your cv axles eventually going 2.5" over rebel height. Also, all springs will settle regardless. The 500lb spring is perfect.
im only looking to go 2in above rebel height. not a fan of drop bracket kits. 2 inches still require drop bracket?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i
im only looking to go 2in above rebel height. not a fan of drop bracket kits. 2 inches still require drop bracket?
If you want 2 inches above rebel that's sitting at 3" already. I'm just going by what the techs at King told me. I'm no expert. If you do light wheeling will probably be fine. Maybe the better option is fox since they advertise 3"

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
No, but it will require an aftermarket UCA for longevity of parts.
definitely getting a uca. was planning on the bds uca. sounds like fox is my best bet i guess. just not a fan of how the rears are setup. the king rears look badass being inverted.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
definitely getting a uca. was planning on the bds uca. sounds like fox is my best bet i guess. just not a fan of how the rears are setup. the king rears look badass being inverted.
Just don't get Icon. A buddy of mine had his reservoir twist and it got stuck under the chassis

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-193753_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-193753_Instagram.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20210124-193803_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-193803_Instagram.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 114

cehs_rebel

Reaction score
So far so good!
@RamRebelSteel thanks for all these posts. I want to the same on mine and doing lots of research about the kings in my 2020 Rebel. What shop did all the instalation for you in LA? Did you order everything from filthy motors yourself and took the parts to the shop or did the shop order for you? I'm having hard time to find shops in southern cali to do what I want them to do. Please give me a shop reference for the instalation please? thanks again.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Are those available now? What’s the price on that?
I believe they just became available. I think $4700 but that includes other stuff that the BDS & Fox don’t come with. It definitely is expensive, but there’s a reason Carli is the “end all - be all” suspension for extreme performance and ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread