5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Shocks/Coil Overs came in!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of it flexed out? And it be even better if there was a RTI ramp close and went to so how it scored
It doesn't have any more flex than stock from what I've felt. Tbh I haven't really looked into that since I purchased these to go fast. It does 50-60 mph in the desert like butter. Just gotta be careful with nasty ruts.

TML_REBEL

Reaction score
The truck looks great! Do you have a cost breakdown? I am interested in a setup like this. Thanks!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck looks great! Do you have a cost breakdown? I am interested in a setup like this. Thanks!
The front coilovers and rear shocks with piggyback reservoirs were around $3,300 with tax included. I added compression adjusters so that brought the cost up a bit to $3,300(I want to say like $300 extra).
With any performance coilover you will need a serious upper control arm so I went with BDS due to their lifetime warranty. The arm was around 800.
Installation isn't too bad. I paid 450 for them to set the coil at a 2" lift and an alignment after installation.

TML_REBEL

Reaction score
The front coilovers and rear shocks with piggyback reservoirs were around $3,300 with tax included. I added compression adjusters so that brought the cost up a bit to $3,300(I want to say like $300 extra).
With any performance coilover you will need a serious upper control arm so I went with BDS due to their lifetime warranty. The arm was around 800.
Installation isn't too bad. I paid 450 for them to set the coil at a 2" lift and an alignment after installation.
Awesome thanks!

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Thank you. Would you recommend them? I am hesitating between those and the Falcons at the moment. I would also change the UCA at the same time.

Any other things I should know before buying?

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Hmm the lift looks like it’s stock to me? Could you go higher if needed?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. Would you recommend them? I am hesitating between those and the Falcons at the moment. I would also change the UCA at the same time.

Any other things I should know before buying?
I totally dig these shocks and wouldn't get any other brand.. If you value your street driving I would go with Falcons since the adjustability seems to cater street driving as well. Kings are really firm on the street and I found the compression adjusters to not make that big of a difference so I always have them compressed all the way for dirt driving.
Hmm the lift looks like it’s stock to me? Could you go higher if needed?
Yea my coilovers are set at about a 1.5" lift. Im going to compress them a bit more so I can get a bit more up travel. They settled about .50" lower up front after a few hundred miles and some trails. I follow you on IG btw lol follow me if you get a chance. I do some pretty damn hard wheeling on this truck.

_avallin__

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, may I ask why you did not go for max lift? (Which should be 2,5 inches).

I was also leaning towards Kings for the extra 0,25’ inch vs Falcons.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, may I ask why you did not go for max lift? (Which should be 2,5 inches).

I was also leaning towards Kings for the extra 0,25’ inch vs Falcons.
I rather have my cv axles as close to stock as possible but now since they settled in my 35s are runbing a bit and I have a bit less up-travel.

I got a short video here of my last trip at Glamis and they felt so good in the sand.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
did you go with the 500lb spring or the 600lb spring? in your experience if i were to order these at 2.5in above the factory rebel height it would settle to 2in? when ordering do you order height based on being above rebel height or based on above standard ram 15000 height. so if I wanted 2in above rebel height what would you order.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you go with the 500lb spring or the 600lb spring? in your experience if i were to order these at 2.5in above the factory rebel height it would settle to 2in? when ordering do you order height based on being above rebel height or based on above standard ram 15000 height. so if I wanted 2in above rebel height what would you order.
I ordered the 500 lb spring and I also did not choose a custom height. I actually did initially but the owner Ben told me to not waste my money. He said by simply compressing the spring via coil nut I can achieve the 2.5" setting with out affecting ride quality because the springs are a linear rate. You can do this with oem springs because they are progressive and will cause the coils to rebound really hard. I also ordered a custom tune and told me to not waste my money again lol. Hes a real honest guy. The only thing I reccomend getting is the compression adjusters and you're set!!! Don't forget to grab a UCA

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
I ordered the 500 lb spring and I also did not choose a custom height. I actually did initially but the owner Ben told me to not waste my money. He said by simply compressing the spring via coil nut I can achieve the 2.5" setting with out affecting ride quality because the springs are a linear rate. You can do this with oem springs because they are progressive and will cause the coils to rebound really hard. I also ordered a custom tune and told me to not waste my money again lol. Hes a real honest guy. The only thing I reccomend getting is the compression adjusters and you're set!!! Don't forget to grab a UCA
perfect, thank you for the answers. is that 2.5 over rebel height? or 2.5in over non rebel height?

Users who are viewing this thread